Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:53:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Cham2 Overhead slave and LED4DSP pinout
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cham2 Overhead slave and LED4DSP pinout  (Read 5864 times)
buzmarius
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: April 12, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »

Greetings from Romania.

I know these are old products and few are still using but I only have these parts from a bigger set and it would be nice to have a schematic or pinout to avoid testing all day.

Part numbers and names:
- #321-007-90 CHAM2 overhead slave rev. B
- #321-006-50 LED4DSP / MRK2 (4x4 matrix, Red/Green, 32x8 pixels) like this

I'm more interested in finding out pinout for the big connector (96 pins, 3 lines of 32). This way I can use the board directly in one of my projects (moving message board) without having to design and produce a new PCB.

Since I don't think it's possible to drive the display only with the slave board I'm forced to use my own design (PIC or AVR).
I've seen on that board UDN2944W (HIGH-CURRENT, HIGH-VOLTAGE SOURCE DRIVER) but I plan on using ULN2803 for the moment.

Can anyone help with links or documents ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

P.S. Before posting (and registering to this site) I spent hours reading topics related to CHAM2 and found nothing relevant but if I missed one please point me to the right direction or merge topics.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

I cannot help you with schematics or pin-outs Buzmarius, but the piggyback boards
(341-010-40B LED4DRVR, CHAM2 Overhead Slave REV.B)
that I have for my display panels use the UCN5832A chips in the C13 and C14 socket locations.

Click on photo to enlarge, or open link in a new window...>>>

* Cham2 LED4DRVR Piggyback board.jpg (646.96 KB, 2384x1055 - viewed 456 times.)
buzmarius

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »

yes, exactly like mine. 2 UCN5832A and 4 UDN2944W QP1-4 (power-tab package for external heat sink).
Well, I tried.
Tomorrow is another day, labor day  stir the pot / get cooking
thanks for trying.
Marius
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:08:36 PM »

Hopefully someone will see these posts
and dig up some drawings for you... propeller
Good luck with your project!  yes
buzmarius

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 06:46:32 AM »

Thanks. The pinout is ready Smiley I started early in the morning. It's amazing what you can do with a PC power supply, a 270 ohm resistor and some wires. After weekend I'll post here a refined drawing.

Happy Easter
buzmarius

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »

Sorry to be a pest: is there a manual or a list with connectors and their pin-outs ? Measuring continuity pin by pin is a pain in the butt but I already have an idea of how it's working and how the schematics would look like.
J5 is power, I can see that but I still need J1, J2, J4. From what I measured on the board, JP1/2/3 is somehow related to rows.

This project is still in standby because i have another simpler board, see attached pic, 9 matrices of 8x8 bi-color. Using a Pickit2 and dev board with PIC16F690 i have brought to life that board. For now it has only a scrolling dot but that's just the beginning. And it uses only 6 pins from PIC.

My goal is to understand how it works and completely replace the controller, at least for one piggyback board. Daisy chaining would be my next step.

* PCB.jpg (452.8 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 417 times.)
buzmarius

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »

It's ready and you can watch a short demo here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AonYtGLAzQc&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AonYtGLAzQc&rel=0</a>

Configuration: J4 signal input, JP2 ON, no outputs so far on J1 or J2.
A 3x2 matrix it's on the table, waiting for programming.
This has nothing to do anymore with jackpots, it's just for educational purposes. More details on youtube.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:19:27 AM by buzmarius » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.