Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Esprit Aristocrat/IGT Slot machine buzzing problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Esprit Aristocrat/IGT Slot machine buzzing problem  (Read 3824 times)
huss8585
« on: April 12, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »

I am having a problem with my Esprit machine. I got this from an auction, not knowing the condition. I replaced the batteries on the MPU board and plugged it in.

It lights up and the fans turn on. There is a buzzing sound coming from the front speaker. The volume adjustment is working, and only makes the buzzing louder/quieter.

The reels do not spin, and the LED board does not light up.
As far as I know, the machine is complete. I have the manual, and it does not help very much.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
wutsit4
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:13:29 AM »

Might want to check the power supply mounted near the top, behind the displays.  Look first for blown fuses, but before I could start to trouble shoot the rest of the machine, I needed to rebuild / repair the power supply.  Once you get valid power, then the real fun begins.  Good Luck.

Basement holds Bally Eight Ball, Williams Grand Prix, Stern/Seeburg Dragonfist, Gottlieb Diamond Jack, Midway Chopper (helicopter), Williams Bonanza (shooter), United Shuffle Alley, Seeburg 222 jukebox, IGT Aristocrat Esprit that was recently resurrected,  (Only took 10 years to get the Esprit running), and a Bally GameMaker.
huss8585
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »

All of the fuses are good. Anything else you can recommend?
wutsit4
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »

You need to be sure that the power supply is actually putting out the required voltages.  I think there was a 12 volt DC supply, a +5 and a -5 volt DC supply, and a 24 volt AC supply.
A diagram should attach to this note.  I am no electronics tech by any means, but I replaced some of the components in the sections that were not working, and the computer was willing to try and run.  The displays lit up, and I got some actions out of the machine when trying to play.  Then I had to replace some obsolete input/output chips on one of the boards and the slot came back to life.  Nothing will work, until the power supply is supplying power.
Hope this helps, and again, good luck.

* Esprit Power Supply.pdf (77.52 KB - downloaded 318 times.)

Basement holds Bally Eight Ball, Williams Grand Prix, Stern/Seeburg Dragonfist, Gottlieb Diamond Jack, Midway Chopper (helicopter), Williams Bonanza (shooter), United Shuffle Alley, Seeburg 222 jukebox, IGT Aristocrat Esprit that was recently resurrected,  (Only took 10 years to get the Esprit running), and a Bally GameMaker.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.