Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:27:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Ram error
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ram error  (Read 10499 times)
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: April 24, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »

I have a IGT s 2000 vision slot.   I was getting a meter disconnected error. I put a clear chip in and waited for the amber leds to light up. Then I put the comos chip back in and put it back in the machine and turned it on. Now I get a ram error. Does anyone know what might be going on. Thanks for any info you might give.   Rick

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »

I didn't know Perry Como had a slot machine?  When did he learn to play the horn? arrow

just kiddin' ya... Should be awful noisy right now, huh?
Turn the jackpot reset key and close the door with the latch fully down all the way.

If the horn's not blaring out of the speakers.
Turn the power off and check the CMOS pin legs to see if any are bent/folded under the eprom.
Why did you take out the CMOS chip in the 1st place?
Your Clear chip should NOT fit there?
The Clear chip normally goes where the SB chip is socketed on an S2000 machine -
that would be the longest chip socket on the MPU board.

Can I see your "Clear" chip?
Is it the ones for say........ an S+ machine?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:29:39 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:32:08 PM »

sorry I'm a newbee. It was not the comos it was the sb chip.l will have to look at it ,but I think it just says clear chip.I don't have it with me. I will reply when I look at and send a phot of it.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »

Okay, when you got the "ram error" message - did the horns go off?
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

No but I'm not sure the speaker is hooked up.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »

Okay, when you got the "ram error" message - did the horns go off?

I just found out the speaker is not hooked up..
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:56:46 PM »

Well that explains the silence you're getting.
I used to get that from my old girlfriend but I dumped her.  Crazy

The "RAM ERROR" message is normal.
The horn will sound and all you gotta do is turn the reset key a few times.
You will get a bunch of messages each time you turn the key but they can be ignored.
Then close the door and you oughta be back in business.

May I ask...why did you use a Clear chip in the 1st place?
All that's for... is to change the machine's denomination.
It's NOT going to clear a "METER DISCONNECTED ERROR" -
you have to put a jumper in or connect the physical mechanical counters to clear that error.

SEE THIS THREAD...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18134.msg151174;topicseen#new
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »

well I was told to do do by a tech at la slots. When I started on this slot machine. The reels were spinning all the time and then the cabinet I/O board shorted out and the power res. for the reels had over heated putting burn spots on the board. I ordered a new I/O board and a new processor board for it. After putting all the chip form the old board onto the new board I got the meter disconnect error. I know a bad I/O card will cause this error ,but it is new. I talk to La slots an the tech told me to use the clear chip o clear the error.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »

Well I think he's full of bull
and doesn't want to send you an cabinet I/O board but that's just me!  Tongue Out

Try 3 things okay? maybe 4 or more...lol

1) Disconnect the 7-segment display and power back up. You could possibly have the wrong display settings.
2) Open and close the door about 4 or 5 times fully.  Errors on S2000's are "stacked up" - you have to "unstack them".
3) Unplug everything from your motherboard and push back in one at a time.
4) Do the same for any other plug in the machine...esp the I/O boards - with the power OFF!
5). Read these threads I've provided below...if you don't - you'll get sweaty....lol

I'd like to say that this is one of the most common S2000 problems a newbie will discover when they bring their machine home.
I know because I was a S2000 newbie once!  rotflmao

There's a lot more threads on this stupid error message but I've only posted 3 of them....too many.... Duh!

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14182.0

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=3436.msg28750#msg28750

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16494.msg139735#msg139735

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:27:07 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »

I'm sending you a photo of the clear chip I used. I think it is the wrong one for a s2000 vision slot.

* Clear chip 97.JPG (112.08 KB, 640x478 - viewed 334 times.)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »

I'm sending you a photo of the clear chip I used. I think it is the wrong one for a s2000 vision slot.

Also in that picture is a SG000363 chip. To my knowledge that does not work in a vision, just a plain s2000 spinning reel. Are you using that as well? or is it for another game. might want to show us a picture of the machine.That is another good picture of those vendors supplied good quality genuine chips  stir the pot / get cooking.....Sorry Bunker could not resist
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 10:42:38 PM »

No.   These are some chips that Buzz sent me. The only one I used is the clear chip.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »

The machine is a sizzling sevens.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »

Also in that picture is a SG000363 chip. To my knowledge that does not work in a vision, just a plain s2000 spinning reel. Are you using that as well? or is it for another game. might want to show us a picture of the machine.That is another good picture of those vendors supplied good quality genuine chips  stir the pot / get cooking.....Sorry Bunker could not resist

Coors You being close to the number one counterfeiter on this site and Ebay and you keep coming up with this Bull Shit. Those chips in the picture didn't come from a Vendor, they have my finger prints all over them.   ( Ask Rick what the total price I charged him for those 4 chips, Then tell us what you charge ) I could make up some phony looking labels like you do, but why.  No where did I ever hear the word Vision and this machine until today. I will guarantee anyone there wasan't anything wrong with those chips the day I mailed them, if there was I would refund him double his money.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »

Also in that picture is a SG000363 chip. To my knowledge that does not work in a vision, just a plain s2000 spinning reel. Are you using that as well? or is it for another game. might want to show us a picture of the machine.That is another good picture of those vendors supplied good quality genuine chips  stir the pot / get cooking.....Sorry Bunker could not resist

Coors You being close to the number one counterfeiter on this site and Ebay and you keep coming up with this Bull Shit. Those chips in the picture didn't come from a Vendor, they have my finger prints all over them.   ( Ask Rick what the total price I charged him for those 4 chips, Then tell us what you charge ) I could make up some phony looking labels like you do, but why.  No where did I ever hear the word Vision and this machine until today. I will guarantee anyone there wasan't anything wrong with those chips the day I mailed them, if there was I would refund him double his money.

Buzz, Glad to see you...Was wondering if you were still alive...As far as were did I get the vision from...no you did not hear it but you should have read it. The very first sentence in the very first post is and I quote "I have a IGT s 2000 vision slot." That is why I asked and seeing the 363 chip and that sentence together sent up a red flag. I am glad you sent him free chips and you will not believe this but you are not the only one here that sends free chips to members to help out. I do it all the time way more than you could image. If you took a poll as to who here got free chips from me your jaw would hit the floor!!! I am not the person you make me out to be, but I have better things to do here than have a pissing contest with you. I am here to help other members when and where I can how ever I can. If I do not please you while I am doing that I really do not care. I will not participate in turf wars and name calling as I grew up many years ago, and it gets you nowhere. I try to get along with everyone here as best I can. And I poke fun at some for just that ....Fun.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »

Guys I don't know what is going on. Buzz did not charge me for any of the chips. I'm not trying to cause trouible. I was just looking for help.
 If I caused any trouble Im sorry;
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 12:16:33 AM »

When I talked to Buzz I did not know it was a vision machine. Being a newbie has it down falls. Sorry buzz
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »

It doesn't matter anymore where the chips come from or anything, as long as they work really.
I hope they work it out privately actually.
Just kids bickering in the sandbox...  Crazy rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing

Anyways, the "Sizzling Sevens" game is using what SB chip rickaaer?
Are there any numbers on the chip label - whatever label is on there?
It's okay to use SG000363 (GME1&2) chips in a Vision cabinet just as long
as the SB game chip is not a Vision game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:39:16 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »

Rick  Don't worry about it, you just got put in the middle of something that wasn't your doing. 

I just talked to Rick on the phone and for the record his machine is not a Vision.   

rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »

I was ask what was on the SB chip.. Well it says Stepper Base  sb001000. An buzz let me know what a vision machine looked like. Mine is not a vision.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »

It doesn't matter anymore where the chips come from or anything, as long as they work really.
I hope they work it out privately actually.
Just kids bickering in the sandbox...  Crazy rotflmao bust gut laughing Cry Laughing

Anyways, the "Sizzling Sevens" game is using what SB chip rickaaer?
Are there any numbers on the chip label - whatever label is on there?
It's okay to use SG000363 (GME1&2) chips in a Vision cabinet just as long
as the SB game chip is not a Vision game.
It says Stepper Base SB1001000. This is a photo of the machine.

* photo39.JPG (143.83 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 313 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »

Isn't that SB chip the one that's used to adapt S+ games to the S2000 platform?  Not that it would matter for his problem, just a curiosity point

I still believe he needs to take a close look at or bypass the meter board if the cabinet IO card has been replaced.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »

I'm up for bypassing the meter.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »

Isn't that SB chip the one that's used to adapt S+ games to the S2000 platform?  Not that it would matter for his problem, just a curiosity point

I still believe he needs to take a close look at or bypass the meter board if the cabinet IO card has been replaced.
Cowboy, you are correct..The SB001000 is used with S-Plus SS chips to make them work in a S-2000 platform.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »

Rick  Here's a pic. of one bypassed.  Assuming your meters are on the handel side of the machine close to the floor. The two wires you need to connect togeather are the very bottom and the one next to it. Bottom wire is black and orange the other one is gray and brown. After you install the jumper wire don't try to replug it, just kind of stick up out of the way.

* PICT0016.JPG (148.14 KB, 640x480 - viewed 298 times.)

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.