Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:07:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Tatung VS20475T - Type 58
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tatung VS20475T - Type 58  (Read 4641 times)
jetusenet
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:26:45 PM »

Hi;
I"m new to the forum but was hoping that I could get a lead on a replacement HVT.

I am repairing a Tatung Model#VS20475T- Type 58 and are currently compiling a cap list for the chassis. I also noticed that there is a crack or two in the HVT but before I remove it, as it is currently working, if someone knew where I could find the replacement?

I checked with arcadecup and arcadeshop with no luck.

I did a search and found this:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/HR80342&utm_medium=Affiliate&ref=cj&utm_campaign=CommissionJunction&utm_source=CommissionJunction

Looks very similar but I need to compare side by side, I don't have the chassis in front of me right now -  any opinions?

Any help would be appreciated. - (anybody have a link to the manual - cannot find that either!)

Thank you

Jeff
jetusenet
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »

Also checked americangaming - no luck
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »

You might try Andrews Electronics also
jetusenet
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

Hi;
Thank you for the suggestion.

I searched the site but could not find one, so I sent them an e-mail requesting pricing and availability.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you again

Jeff
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »

Ping Chad over at Arcadecup.com

There is more than one Type 58 monitor. I ordered a cap kit from Zanen for mine and it was quite different than what the monitor I had needed.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
jetusenet
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »

Hi;
I had checked with him and he does not have any HVTs' for my chassis.
I received a response from andrews and I have to call them personally to discuss my needs, they cannot do it via e-mail.
Thanks again
Jeff
jetusenet
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »

Bad News....... I s/w the rep at Andrews Electronics and they do not have the replacement HVT...........

Would anyone have any suggestions as to where else to look for the replacement HVT?

Thanks
Jeff
jetusenet
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »

BTW, here is the cap list I compiled for the monitor..... (attached)

Would anyone happen to have a set of schems available, I need to do some troubleshooting.......

Thanks
Jeff
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:29:10 PM by jetusenet » Logged
jetusenet
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »

I finished the cap kit on my Tatung VS20475T and added the 2 tant caps to the list.

I also found a typo, I incorrectly listed the 220uF 400v cap as C104 when in fact it is C103.

I have updated the attachment to reflect these changes...

Jeff

* Tatung.pdf (18.55 KB - downloaded 247 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.