Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Bill Validator - Set chip procedures question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Validator - Set chip procedures question  (Read 9256 times)
slotsavegas
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: May 04, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »

I changed a S+ machine from the 3CM Double Diamond Delux game to a 2CM Haywire delux game. Before I installed the Game Eprom and actually got the Haywire game working I used a SET 15 Bill Validator chip to reset my WBA-11-SS to quarters (.25). My bill validator now cycles when the machine is powered on, but the light bezel does not light, and the BV does not accept any bills.

Does the BV Set 15 chip need to be used after the game is fully operational ?

OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »

Q)  Does the BV Set 15 chip need to be used after the game is fully operational ?

A)  Yes .. especially if the GAME PROM is not close to being the same SP number.
slotsavegas

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 12:53:05 AM »

Thanks,

I used it prior to installing the Game and Reel Eproms.

I will remove the Game Eprom and rerun the SET 15 update.

I will let you know how that works.

Once again Thanks.
slotsavegas

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

Some succes, but more needed.

I got the bill validator lighting up now and it accepts bill.

PROBLEM is now that even with the CASH/CREDIT button lit a $100.00 bill will payout 400 coins. The display shows,

Credits 100  and Winner Paid counts up from 1 to 400. 400 coins are dispensed to the coin tray.

I guess I need to know more about the BV set chip options to get it programmed properly.

Can you help with this ????
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Could be a dipswitch setting or a menu option setting.
We need to know what SP chip you have installed.

See this and report back what SP chip you have...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
slotsavegas

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »

Game chip is SP873
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 11:22:54 PM »

Okay,
That's a "Haywire" TYPE 2 or "Haywire Deluxe" TYPE 21 SP chip.
That particular SP chip needs the SET026 chip to change the denomination or enable the bill acceptor.
You must turn the 4th dip switch on the MPU board to the "OFF" position.
If that dip switch is "ON", all the bills accepted are paid from the hopper.

Go ahead and power "OFF" the machine.
Pull out the MPU from the "cage" and locate the 4th dip switch.
Make sure it is in the "OFF" position then re-install the MPU back into the cage.

Power on the machine and press the little white test button on the MPU cage or up around the power switch.
Sometimes the button is located behind the power switch too!
Press the button two times then turn the Jackpot reset key switch until you see a [5-x] in the display.
"X" means a possible number of "zero", "1", or a "2".
Press the "SPIN" button until you see a [5-1].
Now, close the door and all bills accepted should go to you credit display on the reel glass.

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 01:56:51 AM »

since the bill acceptor is working  there is nothing else you could do to that unit..   the bill acceptor set chip only does two things, it will turn on the bill acceptor 9_1,  and it will change and set the denomination  test #6  in your case 25 should appear in the window.  that's all the set chip will do.

you have a user friendly SP chip, all the features  can be checked using the buttons on the front of the machine. once you press the white test button, then you can use the bet one button to advance to different menus  and the bet max button to reverse the menus, once you get to a test and you want to advance through it , use the change button to do this,  you cannot reverse in this menu, you have to go through and start over again.  example, go to test 5_0,1,2 , press the change button, each time it will show 6_?,7_?,8_? this will tell you what option you are locked into. 9_1, bill acceptor enabled,  keep going to the end of this menu, you will see four numbers in the winners paid window, and four numbers in the credits window, these correspond to the dip switch settings, 1= on,  0= off

this will tell you everything about your machine and its settings.

Hope this helps

Jim   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:07:32 PM by Jim » Logged

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »

Here's the PSR sheet for your SP873 chip...>>>

* SP873.pdf (443.91 KB - downloaded 299 times.)
slotsavegas

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »

Stayoutadabunker,

I turned off the machine.  Pulled the MPU and switch #4 was on, I turned it OFF.
Pressed the test button twice and saw 5_1 on the winner paid display.
Went ahead and turned the reset switch several times until the 5_1 came up again.
Pressed the Spin Button and cycled through 5_2 then 5_0 then back to 5_1.
Closed the door and waited for the machine to cycle. placed a $1.00 bill in BV
and it accepted the bill and turned on the hopper and spit out 4 quarters.

Obviously that wasn't the fix.

Any other help     

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »

you had the right menu, you need to choose 5_0,  and the payout will go to credits.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »

Thanks for helping JIM,
I never got that one right...
I just set most of the S+'s to [5-1] or [5-0]
and throw in a bill and see what happens...  Tongue Out
If the hopper spits out coins, I set it the other way.   arrow
slotsavegas

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »

Sorry to report guys. 5_0 did the same as 5_1 and 5_2.

Credit meter shows a 1 when a $1.00 bill is accepted and the machine spits out 4 quarters. Even when the Credit/Cash button is lit.

I also have an SP611, SP809, SP709, and SP1271. Would any of these offer a better result ?

If I change to another SP do I change the Dip switch #4 back to ON? I have never had to change that switch with any of the other games.
It has been on as long as I have owned this machine.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 11:39:40 PM »

Sorry to report guys. 5_0 did the same as 5_1 and 5_2.

Credit meter shows a 1 when a $1.00 bill is accepted and the machine spits out 4 quarters. Even when the Credit/Cash button is lit.

I also have an SP611, SP809, SP709, and SP1271. Would any of these offer a better result ?

If I change to another SP do I change the Dip switch #4 back to ON? I have never had to change that switch with any of the other games.
It has been on as long as I have owned this machine.

Have you looked over the PSR that Bunker attached to Reply #8?  That explains the DIP switch settings and the bills-to-credit settings.

As far as using a different SP chip and what DIP switch settings to use, the answer is: it depends on the SP chip.  Some rely on the DIP switch settings, and others (especially newer SP chips) ignore them completely.

We're putting the cart before the horse, though.  You're missing a setting here on your SP873 which is going to be the key to solving the issue.  Look at the PSR again and look at page zero option 8.

First, make sure you have 5 set to 0, which will make the credit mode "typical" or standard like most machines.

Next, get to option 8, and since you want bills to be converted to credits (and not spit out of the hopper), set option 8 to 1.  Once you've done that, press the Self Test button a number of times to lock in your changes and exit the menu system.  Insert a dollar bill, problem solved.   yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
slotsavegas

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

Thanks.
I have read the PSR and to the best of my understanding,

Options are standard credit or noncredit {O), player-initiated credit
{ 1 ) , and player-initiated noncredit (2). The player-initiated credit
option defaults to the noncredit mode when the credit meter remains at
zero for more than 30 seconds, or when any accumulated credits are
cashed out. The player-initiated noncredit option defaults to the credit
mode if the game is idle for 30 seconds, and remains in the credit
mode when credits are cashed out.

I have chosen 5_1 as this allows me to control cash/credit by the pressing of the button

I have verified option 8 is set to 8_1

I have verified option 9 is set to 9_1

I have verified set chip #15 is used to turn on BV and set denomination to .25

Dip switch's 1,2,3 are ON  dip switches 4,5,6,7,8 are OFF

If I am missing something else, please let me know.

Thanks. 
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »

I have chosen 5_1 as this allows me to control cash/credit by the pressing of the button

I have verified option 8 is set to 8_1

These two interact. Try setting the second to 8_0 to follow the cash/credit button.

Also make sure you are in the page <0> settings and not somwhere else in the menus.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:52:47 PM by poppo » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »

Okay, with your choice of setting option 5 to 1, that means you must press the Cash/Credit button once to light it up, then you have no more than 30 seconds to insert a bill and it should be converted to credits. However, per the PSR, for that to occur, you must have option 8 set to 0 (although I think it should have been forcing bills to credits right now based on what you've posted). Options 5 and 8 do work together, though. With your SP chip I'd suggest the following:

5-0 and 8-1 (this will force all bills  and wins to credits always)

Or

5-1 and 8-0 (this defaults to non-credit, but player interaction prior to inserting a bill can put it in credit mode)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »

Try setting the second to 8_2 to follow the cash/credit button.

I think you meant 8 to 0. The PSR says that 8-2 is pay all bills from the hopper.

poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »

I think you meant 8 to 0. The PSR says that 8-2 is pay all bills from the hopper.

Yep. I fixed my typo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.