Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:35:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  HELP I have a Double Double Bonus Poker game.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP I have a Double Double Bonus Poker game.  (Read 10774 times)
TJDOZIT2
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:21:15 AM »

Scratch Head
I have a IGT Double Double Bonus Poker game and just from the information I have collected on this site I have determined it to be a PE+ Superboard.  On the IGT metal ID tag it says it is a Model # 96404900 Ser # 853251.  The information on the motherboard is copyright IGT 1991. 
Here is my problem.  I had a friend call me and ask me if I wanted to buy this game from a friend of theirs because they needed money.  I asked How Much?  Does it work?  Do you have the keys?  When was the last time you played it?  The answers i got where $100, yes, yes, two of them, and last night. 
Well I paid for it that night and picked it up a week later.  Long story short..... here are the problems I now face.  I have only one key to open the door, but I don't have the jackpot reset key?  (I was told to just put a switch in its place?)  The next thing I see is that when I plug it in and it comes on I see a very quick message that states " Verifing Game Memory" " please wait".  Then it guickly go to "Door Open"  "Call Attendant" and "Low Battery".  Well having a little experience from past owed games, I looked around inside and saw that the "SELF TEST" button is not right!!!  I do not think that it is working, there is nothing left to it, and it does not appear to be working, but I really can't tell.
I have plugged it in and saw the message on the screen, so I opened it up, and saw that I had the on & off button so I tryed that and the game turned on and off.  But when I tryed the self test button, nothing.  I called the guy that contacted me for his friend, and asked about the other key, and why it was not working?  He said it only had 1 key and I could just put in a switch because they hit the jackpot right before they gave it to me and I need to do that because they don't have a key.  But, I have tryed a new switch and I still get the same message.  Can anyone help me other than to tell me that I know better than to do things like this.  I really would like this to work and would really like to fix it myself (can't afford to pay a tech).  I would greatly appreiciate any help!!!
PS:  This is the first time for me on this site and I hope that I have followed alll the correct proceedures, if not please FYI me.  Thank you, I reallky like this site.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »

Hello,  NLG Welcome

I moved your post to the right section for your machine type. Also I really suggest that you fill out your profile information, as you never know one of our members may be close to you and able to lend you a hand???

It is always helpful to post pictures of the machine to help in the troubleshooting process and confirm identification.

One of our great members should be able to get you on track as we have many experts with those machines. You will definately need to get the battery replaced to be able to get very far with any corrective measures, and you will eventually need a Jackpot Reset Key, but it is VERY common. Its number is 2341, and any of our vendors on the front page should be able to help you out. The key switch is a momentary switch, so you can use a standard momentary switch in the mean time. (NOT an ON/OFF switch!) In a pinch you can remove the key switch and carefully route the wires outside to the hole and momentarily touch them together to simulate a key flick.

Once you have the battery issue corrected, you will be able to get further. Post more info here, and maybe some pictures as well, and someone will be able to get you going. Please ask any questions that you have! Hopefully this quick info will help get things going further.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:27 AM »

Agreed with CH. You will need to replace the battery first before you can do anything else. If you're experienced with a soldering iron you can do this yourself. If not, a local Batteries Plus type store should be able to do it for a fee.

The battery is located on the removable MPU board inside the machine. ALWAYS make sure that the power is OFF before removing or inserting the MPU board or you can cause permanent damage to the board.

The battery is a 3.6 volt lithium battery. You can create a WTB (want to buy) post in the classifieds section of the website to buy one from one of the vendors or members of the site who have one for sale.

Don't panic about not having that key or the machine not working at the moment. The PE+ is an easy machine to work on.  You will get the machine fixed and working properly with our help, I promise.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:28:35 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
TJDOZIT2
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:20:49 AM »

I replaced the battery and now get the door open, call attendant, cmos data on screen.  I read that I should open the top and hold the self test button until the ding, then turn the reset key.  May have to try this a couple of times.
I do not hear a ding when using the self test button, also there is no noticable movement to the button, can I check to see if this still works somehow?

Then the reset key that I do not have.  Can I by pass the key and take the two wires coming from it and connect them to ? and have it re
set?

I thank you for your help, and very much want this to work so I can play.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:35:34 AM »

Do you have an S+ or S2000? I ask because the S+ has no way of displaying call attendant. And yes, you can bypass the reset key with 2 wires going to the outside of the cabinet. S2000's use a different reset procedure
TJDOZIT2
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:43:38 AM »

sorry I didn't include the info before.  It is a IGT Slant Top Double Double Bonus Poker (video) Model # 96404900 Players Edge Plus Superboard?  I think.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:43:52 AM »

... I read that I should open the top ...

Do you have an S2000 sit-down slant machine?   Scratch Head 3
I think we need to determine 1st what we're dealing with here before we can offer advice?

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:13 AM »

Now with a Players Edge video game you could absolutely have those messages, but I don't know the reset on those. Maybe someone can tell us if it's the same as the S+. Not even sure what year those came out. Early 90's is what I was thinking
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »

The best member I know about the PE + machines is a buddy named knagl...
You might want to send him a PM or wait for him to see your thread.
I'm certain he knows how to reset a poker machine.  yes
I have one but I have never needed to "reset" it.
I do think however, that it may be an Option on a different screen page?

If you open the top and press the reset button...I believe you can turn the key to "flip" the screen pages until you see the screen that may have some reset instructions.
Again, I could be wrong on this...
TJDOZIT2
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:34 AM »

yes he is the one who responded whe  I first posted.. I just don't know how to use this site yet.  But thank you.
Yes he is the one who
The best member I know about the PE + machines is a buddy named knagl...
You might want to send him a PM or wait for him to see your thread.
I'm certain he knows how to reset a poker machine.  yes
Now with a Players Edge video game you could absolutely have those messages, but I don't know the reset on those. Maybe someone can tell us if it's the same as the S+. Not even sure what year those came out. Early 90's is what I was thinking
Sorry, yes slant top IGT Players edge plus superboard.  Model # 96404900.  I hope this helps.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:53:59 AM »

You go Bunker! +1 (Karma, or whatever)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 05:02:41 AM »

I'm moving this over to the PE+ section and merging it with the original topic since it's about the same machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »

Okay, now that that's done...

Yes, as mentioned previously you can bypass the jackpot reset switch until you get a key.  Your best bet would be to unscrew the nut on the back of the keyswitch, unplug the two wires attached to the switch, and route them through the hole you created by removing the switch.

As far as getting the machine running, please answer a few questions for us:

- Does the "Door Open" message go away when you close the door, or does it stay on the screen?

- You said that there isn't any movement with the little white Self Test button. That button shouldn't move all that much (it's not like it gets depressed all the way in when you press it).  Listen to it very closely. You should hear (and feel) a tiny click when you press the button. If you don't, you may need to replace that button.

- There is a small blue volume knob sticking out of the metal tray that houses the MPU board. Turn that knob back and forth a few times to clean the contacts on it, and then dial it so that it is halfway between the maximum and minimum positions so we can be reasonably sure that the volume is on.

Please let us know about the stuff mentioned above and we can go from there.

TJDOZIT2
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »

Ok I had already removed the key rest switch, and the 2 wires are just hanging there.  I opened the door and put the switch to the on position, the first thing is I hear the bill acceptor resetting or something.  Then the dbl dbl bonus sign lights up, then the screen says breifly "verifying memory plase wait", then "call attendant" replaces it, and seconds later the door open and cmos data appear, then the lights at the top of the machine start blinking, the I hear a loud ding.  then nothing.

So I repeat the saame thing only this time when I put the swith to the on position while holding down the self test button (absolutly no movement, not even a little.) (I had a red white blue sevens so I have used them before).  I hear NO noise at all, and nothing happened.  Closed the door and the door open stayed on.  So I repeat this several times only this time I put presure on the self test button a little different, and when I close the door the door open finally went off, but not the cmos data.

I do notice while I was looking at the latch for the door where the key goes,  that it also was working properly, so I think it was a combination of positioning the latch, as well as pushing the self test differently. 

So now here is where I sit, and I tryed this a second time to see if the door oopen would turn off again, and yes it went off, so know call attendant, and cmos data is still on screen, I tryed pushing the change button to stop the flashing lights (both red at bottom and white on top are flashing), but it doesn't respond, and keeps flashing.  I open the door to shut if off and the door open comes on. so I shut off the game from inside and leave door open until I find out the next step.  I really am thankful for your help in this.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »

Hi TJ!

I'm hearing 4 issues:

1)  "Door Open" message.
Getting the "Door Open" message to go away when you close the door is a good sign.  With the slant top PE+, sometimes that can be a problem with all the door optics.  Basically, the "Door Open" message should display when the door is open and should go away when the door is closed.  The "Door Open" message shouldn't involve the White Test button at all.  So, I'll assume that's one problem solved.

2)  "CMOS DATA" message.
Next is the "CMOS DATA" message.  This simply means that since the battery was low and you changed it, you now need to reset the machine.  This is typically done by pressing and holding the little White Test button for about 5 seconds.  You may or may not hear a ding.  Usually, the first time, you will hear a ding, but if the volume is turned down or speaker wire disconnected, etc., then you won't hear a ding.  The "CMOS DATA" message won't go away just yet.  After releasing the White Test button, you should then close the door until the "Door Open" message goes away.  Then, you turn the Jackpot Reset key, which in your case is a matter of touching the 2 wires together.  This routine should make the "CMOS DATA" message go away, but you will probably still have the "CALL ATTENDANT" message.

3)  "CALL ATTENDANT" message.
Now, you should open the door again, press and hold the White Test button for 5 seconds.  It's quite possible at this point that the screen will display properly.  You will have to post your results for us to take the next step.

4)  Blinking lights, both top and bottom.
This is normal after a machine is first turned on, especially when there's an error message.  Clearing the error messages will then only have the bottom light blinking until you play your first coin.  After the first coin processes, the bottom light will stop blinking.

This is a lot of steps.  You already solved # 1, so try # 2 & 3 and post your results.  If all goes well, # 4 will clear itself.

Good luck!   wave
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 04:30:06 PM »

I couldn't have said it better myself. Please make sure to follow the steps exactly as VegasLocal posted above, and don't randomly hit other buttons like the change button, etc.  Make sure that you get good momentary contact between the metal ends of the connectors when you simulate the turning of the jackpot reset key.

The fact that you hear a loud ding after turning the machine on coupled with your description of the self test switch not moving suggests to me that the button is stuck in the "pressed" position, which in all likelihood is going to present a problem until you get that fixed.  You may need to take the button apart to see it if it can be repaired, or replace it with a similar momentary push button that closes the connection when it's pressed.

TJDOZIT2
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »

OK battery and self test switch are replaced and it appeared to be working as the game came up on the screen.  Then I went to put in a dollar and it will n ot accept.  So I dropped two quarters in and  AGAIN jam..    NOW What?
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »

Great progress!   Clap

Sounds like 2 separate issues:

1)  Won't accept bills. 

a)  Let's see if the bill validator is enabled.  With no credits on the machine, press the White Reset button to navigate through the menu screens until you come to BILL ACCEPTOR (I can't quite remember the exact name of the menu).  On this menu, you want to ensure that it's set to ENABLED.  If it is, then try b.

b)  Check the bill validator dip switches.  Please let us know the type of BV you have (e.g., DBV-200) and we'll walk you through checking the dip switches.  Or, you can search the site for your bill validator as I'm sure it has been posted several times.

c)  Worse case, could have hardware problems with the BV ... maybe cleaning will help or may have to replace some parts.

2)  Won't accept coins.  What is the error on the screen (e.g., COIN-IN TIMEOUT)?  This will help to determine the source of the problem ... either with the coin comparitor or something else.  Could be a loose wire, missing coin, etc.

Getting closer!
:Dave  wave
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

Two coins in and a jam sounds like there isn't a sample coin in the comparator.

One step at a time.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 05:57:11 AM »

I agree with the others.  There are two different issues here, and the best course of action is to approach them one at a time, starting with the coin issues.

- Is there a sample coin in the comparator?

- What is the exact error message you get when the coins jam (or are you saying that they're just physically jamming, in which case, as proten suggested, you likely don't have a sample coin in the comparator)?

If you do not have a coin in the comparator, this (cheesy) video shows how to install one.  The video is for an S+ upright slot machine, but the mechanism and concept is the same:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPgx247U0qk&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/DPgx247U0qk&rel=0</a>

As far as the bill validator, I suspect that it's not enabled -- using the advice posed by VegasLocal above, please let us know if the validator is enabled in the software or not.

TJDOZIT2
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »

You guys are just great.  Today after I put a quarter in the correct place I was able to drop more in and play.  I also checked the bill acceptor and found it was enabled so I only had one 10 dollar bill on me and tried it.  It tried to take it in and appears to work, but it wouldn't take that ten, so I will try different bills when I get back from the store with more.  However  everything appears to be working good know except, the red light will not stop flashing.  Also how can I be sure I have the setting right?  Is there someplace I could read about them?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

Your bill validator, depending on the model, will likely only take "old style" bills.  $1 bills should work just fine, and if you have any older style $20s, or $5s, it should deal with those just fine, too.

What "red light" won't stop flashing?  On the candle (the "light tower" on the top of the machine)?  The bottom candle light should flash rapidly until a paid game has been completed, at which point the "Closure" message on the screen should go out, and the candle should stop flashing.

Check this setting (if it appears in your self test menu) to ensure that it is set to "no" that you do not have a drop door, which could be the cause of a blinking candle:

(If it's set to yes, turn the jackpot reset key once (or short the wires together briefly) to change it to "No", then press the white self test button again to lock in the change.)

As far as having the settings "right", there aren't really "right" or "wrong" settings for most of the options -- it's a matter of what you want the machine to do.  For example, you can select between "Music" or "Tones" -- music causes the noise made as credits are won to count "up" in tone with each coin won incrementing the noise to a higher note, where as "Tones" causes the noise to be a tone that remains the same pitch for each coin.  (Personally, I much prefer the "Music" setting, but again it's a personal preference -- there is no "right" setting.)

TJDOZIT2
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 10:52:35 PM »

Again this site is such a GREAT place to actually obtain information needed to correct problems one might be facing.  I fixed all the problems I had with this game and got to play it for awhile, before I left the house.  While I was gone, someone played it and I had prior to leaving put in $10.00 and won a few BIG hands, so ,y credit total was 1125 on a guarter machine.  Well the story I got upon returning was that "We were just playing and we never hit the cash out." 

Regardless, I only had the 6 quarters in the hopper, that I was using while trying to get everything working.  So the game wants to pay out all 1125 in quarters?  Please tell me another way to get this small setback corrected so I can play again without haveing to feed all those credits through the hopper.  Can Anyone help me?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 05:50:32 AM »

The only other option is to use a clear chip if you have one to zap everything. Otherwise, go buy a bunch of quarters and cycle them through. If you get 200 quarters ($50 worth) you'll be able to do it in 6 batches (fill the hopper, let it pay until it's empty, refill the hopper, repeat).

Once you're down to zero credits you can adjust the hopper limit so that in the future you can just turn the jackpot reset key to clear the credits should someone try to cash out credits that exceed your hopper limit setting.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.