Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Converting Vision To Standard S2000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Converting Vision To Standard S2000  (Read 7236 times)
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« on: May 10, 2012, 12:51:23 PM »

Hi All,
I have been looking for a post on this but I havent found anything.....I have a vision machine that I would like to convert to a standard S2000,I have a few S2000 kits that i want to play,as i quickly found out that vision games are difficult to find, and as this is my only S2000 I would like to convert...also on the list is to install Multi-demon set-up and back lit reels. Can someone give me advise on this complete process ,I really dont want to fry something on the machine without some guidence on what is the right and wrong way of going about this.
Many Thanks in advance
Eric
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »

My suggestion would be to just buy an  S2000  with your requisite parts... Back Lit reels.  (which require "backlit board connections" and wiring harness.)  Your choice of  game/glass/reel strips  Cabinet  style... etc.  etc...  By the time you  buy the parts to convert  Vision to  S2000 game,  you may have  $200 + in  parts and shipping costs. 

The  S2000  kits seem to be in abundance,  so changing an  S2000 shouldn't be a matter of  "trying to find"  kits. 

Vision parts are out there...  It's  more of a wait and keep  asking   situation.  ... besides you would have a "regular"   S2000 to play  while looking for  Vision parts ! ! !
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »

You can use s2000 games in a vision.
You can use a 501,502,503, 504 for most S2000 games, the exceptions are the games that come on a daughter board (R board if I remember right - flash memory) which requires a 1270 enhanced MPU and matching motherboard, easy to acquire these days.
The big differences when you look at a vision compared to S2000 is the top box (with or without a vision or reel touch computer)
vision has internal speakers with no amp or power distribution board.
main cabinet from the outside looks the same depending on where the hared meters are mounted in a S2000 (either next to reel 3 or below the BV so you look at them from the outside.
only other difference from the outside is the style of main cabinet vents.

A vision door deck is drilled for 5 buttons, S2000 7 buttons, or the 10 or so button deck used for multi-credit multi-line games
Vision usually use a 5 5 2 display win paid/credits/played display, S2000 can use either the 5 5 2 or  6 6 3
5 5 2  will use an additional button next to max bet for multi-denom
6 6 3 is required to use the multi-denom touch pad

The normal door harness for a vision has provisions for the 5 buttons and the normal harness for a s2000 has 7, the extra 2 buttons are Select Credit Value (multi-denom) and a Help/??? button.
the main harness made for a 3 reel vision does not have provision to power the back liit reels or connect the cabinet I/O to the  Back light controller.
A newer S2000 main harness if it was removed from a machine and not hacked up has the power for the back light controller, the harness between the Cabinet I/O and the back light controller, printer harness and a tray speaker harness.

The top box harnesses are also different
There is a power harness for the amp and power distribution board.
the lights and fan plug into the power dist board and there is a harness that connects the machine audio to the amp then the amp to the speakers, plus a netplex harness for the addtional netplex ports on the power dist board. Also there can be an additional Power Dist board mounted just below the reel shelf in the main cabinet.

You can use short or long reel glass if you get the parts to convert between long and short reel glass
going to a short reel glass and a 6 6 3 will require you to change your door harness
The VFD harness is not part of the main door harness its actually part of the main harness.

the door optic and BV bezel harness is part of the door harness.

My S2000 was vision ready, it now has a S2000 top box (I both a 9" and Round Top in S2000 versions)
All the harnesses are S2000 versions.
I have a short reel glass with the printer next to reel 3 like many 3 reel S2000.
I had to be creative and move the Power supply to the left using J B Weld to attach the Power Supply and printer brackets to the cabinet since a vision cabinet does not support the printer next to reel 3

IF you need exact ideas and steps I can explain in detail if needed.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:44:59 AM »

Wow .....Not that you guys havent heard this before but " I had no idea it was that involved"  Tongue Out   and thanks for the detailed response  applause I have heard  i can use 2000 games in a vision,.... is it possible with fewer modifications ...i think i will put the multi denom and backlit reels on hold for now,.what would i have to do just to play the other kits that i have.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »

Actually the multi-denom and backlit reels can be fairly easy and inexpensive. Parts are probably available for around $50-60, maybe a little more,  and take about 20 minutes to install. Some pictures of the inside of the game would help. Door, lower cabinet, upper cabinet with the lcd swung out so we can see the wiring and walls behind it. I had a vision that had been converted from standard I guess and it had most everything I needed, so you may have a head start already
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:40:58 AM »

I've gotta ask...what other kits do you have?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »

Every available title, all brand new and super minty and none for sale to addicts bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 03:24:05 AM »

Cowboy,
I will take pics tomorrow of the inside and i can ask questions from there,my quest is to have a machine I can switch back and forth with .....if it all possible
as for my kits ....i dont have that many yet ....just a couple ....reciently  picked up a dozen of diamonds ......not near the collection your hiding in your basement  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 03:36:51 AM »

lol, I was picking on Jason, he's the minty kit KING on NLG
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »

Here are some pics I hope they help

* 0511120704a.jpg (1474.73 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 404 times.)

* 0511120707a.jpg (1298.87 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 411 times.)
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »

More pics

* 0511120706a.jpg (1270.1 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 456 times.)

* 0511120705b.jpg (1327.5 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 349 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »

Backlit reels would be easy with a kit purchased from a vendor here or a place like slotmachinepartsstore on fleabay. You'd need the reels, backlight controller, reel harness and harness that goes from the backlight controller to the cabinet IO card. The only issue you might have would be if the power plug for the backlight controller isn't there as it sometimes isn't on vision cabinets like yours. It would be a six pin plug tied up on the back center part of the cabinet at reel shelf level. If it's there, all the better, if not, it's just a little more involved to make the change. As far as multidenom goes, look at the inside of the door under the max bet button and see if there are four wires tied up under it not being used. These would be for adding a multidenom selector button. If they are there, all you need is a switch and multidenom capable version chip. If they're not, then the get another machine for S2000 kits might be your best bet, lol. Hope this helps
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »

Ok ....that helps on that issue,I will start to search out some parts.....As far as installing a kit in it right now ....do I simply unplug all wires going into the LCD and remove it .....what happens to the sound if it is rumming through the LCD ? my other thought was to get a MMLII board and run a Simm ....will that work as well I have a 501 Board in it right now.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 11:13:56 PM »

I would buy a 504B MPU, MMLBII, and the simm most common is DSV 42
The resson I say acquire the 504B is when you add a MMLBII to a 501 or 502 you are going to notice extra noise a 504B has been changed enough that it does not add the noise normally.
it becomes noticable when you add the top box amp.

I doubt you will have the power lead for the back lit controller or the wiring for the multi-denom either.
Adding the power is easily done by tapping into the power lead going to the motherboard.
Adding multi-denom would require changing the door harness
You will need a S2000 door harness with the white connector. to add the Select Credit Value button
If you can understand a wiring schematic you can add 2 wires and extend 2 others for the Select Credit Value button.

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »

Ok .....this gives me alot to think about......and a shopping list to get started on ....I really appreciate everyones knowledge.......  Hail Hail So in the mean time while i look for parts ,is it possible to play this machine as it sits ?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »

As a vision or S2000?
triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 12:31:30 AM »

As far as playing a non vision game in it

Ok ....that helps on that issue,I will start to search out some parts.....As far as installing a kit in it right now ....do I simply unplug all wires going into the LCD and remove it .....what happens to the sound if it is rumming through the LCD ? my other thought was to get a MMLII board and run a Simm ....will that work as well I have a 501 Board in it right now.
[/quote]
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »

You would need to add an amp board and associated wiring in the top box to run standard games
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 01:46:24 AM »

You should be able to play any 3 reel S2000 games without to much work
Just remove the vision computer and install the S2000 glass,
What you do with the harnesses that connect to the vision computer is up to you
You can leave them in the top box or take them out and keep them with the computer
Adding a amp to a vision top box can be done you may not have any mounting location in the top box.
I never tried to mount an amp in a vision top box.
You can just lay it on the floor of the top box.
The amp comes mounted on a thick metal plate which also acts as its heat sink.

You will have to get a harness for your speakers it plugs into each speaker and a connector at the left rear of the top box.
if you decide to get the amp then get the harnesses for it instead (3 but they might be tie wrapped together making it look like one)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:02:41 AM by Foster » Logged

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »

Foster,
I might have used The word convert to my disadvantage....What I am trying to achieve is a machine that i can switch to play any 3 reel S2000 games ,while I look for more vision parts and kits, and then switch it back to play vision games ......I appoligize for the confusion.....I will look for an amp and add it to the top box ....I know that Bunker has done this and Ive seen it in 1 of his posts.....The speaker wires you mentioned do they usually come with the board? If you have a photo of one installed that would be great !!!!!!!!
I will probably find the parts and install the backlite reels also.....Sounds like the hardest part to that is trying to locate the power lead.....Also question on the MMLII board is there a specific board part number to use with the vision or they all the same ? At this point I am going to scrap the Multi-denom idea totally .......So now Im on a parts mission any recommendations on who to contact for a 1 stop shop ?
Thanks alot for all your help.........
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 09:41:07 PM »

The Multimedia Lite Board you want will accept a SIMM there is one that uses EPROM's (has sockets for chips) which you do not want
I have seen a Amp board with wiring on eBay and so are the MMLB as well but I would check with the vendors here and Raz410 also a member and vendor for many of us
he has the amp listed on eBay but PM him on here see what he can do for you. he will take good care of you.

Also when I said remove the computer it is because it will block the light for the standard s2000 award glass.
A Vision or Vision Ready is really an early S2000 what they basically renamed the platform to for year 2000 visions came out sometime in 1998 (my machine was assembled in Jan 1999)
mine was a vision ready (sans computer in the top box)
When the Vision (Ready) came out IGT set it up so it could use S+ SS (reel) chips with a SB001000 for a base chip, vision SB chips and of course S2000 base chips.
they also started creating the vision games and creating SB chips for many themes that was currently available for the S+ and of course new games that only came out for the vision or S2000

You can play many S2000 themes without doing any real conversion other than taking the top computer out, installing the new to you glass, reel strips, and base chip, clear the errors and play.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:17:05 PM by Foster » Logged

triplediamond
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:36 AM »

Thanks you guys for your help......I will mess around with her and see what happens .....I just needed some place to start ..I am still learning
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.