Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  CEI Hot Slot Manual
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CEI Hot Slot Manual  (Read 6681 times)
Judge
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »

Does anyone by chance have a downloadable manual for a CEI Hot Slot?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »

Here's a real one from foxslots. He's a good guy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CEI-HOT-SLOT-/160772256863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256ec5f45f
QC Tech
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »

Any chance there is another one of these manuals floating around?  I just got a client who has this machine and is in need of repair.  Would like to find a manual so I can get this repaired for them.  Any help would be great!!

Thanks,
Don
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »

I just poked around and can't find anything. If I do I'll post it here. Maybe check with foxslots. He may have one but just isn't listed.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »

I have a manual for my machine and it is the same as the one one ebay, They are just an operations manual and not much use in actually getting it running.  What does the machine do?  has the battery ever been replaced?
QC Tech
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 03:15:24 PM »

I just poked around and can't find anything. If I do I'll post it here. Maybe check with foxslots. He may have one but just isn't listed.

Thanks!  I appreciate it!!  I did e-mail foxslots, we'll see what he says.

Thanks again,
Don
QC Tech
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »

I have a manual for my machine and it is the same as the one one ebay, They are just an operations manual and not much use in actually getting it running.  What does the machine do?  has the battery ever been replaced?

I finally got it running.  No the battery has not been replaced.  The reels had an issue and I got lucky in playing with the programming and got the trouble reset.  I'm new to slots and would like to have the manual for the client in case they have more isues.  I would be willing to pay for a digital copy if you feel like taking the time to scan it in.  Let me know.

Thanks again,
Don
jbshocks

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »

To confirm is this the CEI Hot Slot?  You should probably deal with the battery or it will likely ruin the board soon.  Its a goofy battery  and IC combo.  You can carefully cut it open and solder pig tails to the chip and install a battery holder.  Attached is how addressed the battery issue. There is a small hole in the board I used a zip tie to keep the wires from pulling free from the IC and used a connector to be able to remove the battery easily.  The battery holder is velcroed to the tray.  The hope there is if it ever leaks it will be on the tray first so hopefully no damage to the board if it is caught soon.

* IMG_1480.JPG (387.32 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 277 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:46:45 PM by jbshocks » Logged
QC Tech
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »

To confirm is this the CEI Hot Slot?  You should probably deal with the battery or it will likely ruin the board soon.  Its a goofy battery  and IC combo.  You can carefully cut it open and solder pig tails to the chip and install a battery holder.  Attached is how addressed the battery issue. There is a small hole in the board I used a zip tie to keep the wires from pulling free from the IC and used a connector to be able to remove the battery easily.  The battery holder is velcroed to the tray.  The hope there is if it ever leaks it will be on the tray first so hopefully no damage to the board if it is caught soon.

Yes, this is the CEI Hot Slot.  I have attached a picture of it.  Ser# SL-1251, and Mod# 301 XX-3P.  The only way I know it is a Hot Slot is that there was 4 of pages of the Hot Slot manual in the machine, but no where on the machine does it say Hot Slot.  i will take a look at the battery ASAP.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks,
Don

* IMG_5731.JPG (639.26 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 269 times.)
QC Tech
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »

I've never dealt with one of these type batteries before.  I have attached a picture of the board as well as the battery.  The battery is a Smart Battery, Dallas DS1260-25, 8828, 3V Lithium.  Do I need to dig out the potting material and remove the battery?  It looks like a hard epoxy.  Would probably have to use my Dremel tool to get it all out.  Are these battery/chip combos easy to get?  Expensive?  The battery is reading 2.931V right now.  Is that within a good working parameter?  What is the min that is useable?  When would it start to do damage, and how?  It looks sealed pretty good, doesn't look like it would leak due to the potting material.  Any advice? 

Thanks again!
Don

* IMG_5742.JPG (1017.42 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 317 times.)

* IMG_5750.JPG (1010.77 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 254 times.)
QC Tech
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 05:51:18 PM »

Couple more pictures.

Thanks,
Don

* IMG_5739.JPG (954.18 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 233 times.)

* IMG_5746.JPG (822.45 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 253 times.)
jbshocks

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »

what is the part number on that battery?  Mine didn't have a number on it.  I am curious if they are still around.
QC Tech
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 06:05:11 PM »

Smart Battery, Dallas DS1260-25, 8828, 3V Lithium
jbshocks

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »

check your email.

FYI there are some cool programmable features on the machine like a timed tournament mode that can be paid or free play.  You can also program so that pulling the handle will repeat last bet.  I kind of like that setting.  

Sounds like your battery is ok for now.  I never had the part number until now.  Digi key lists it but says to call so I bet it is obsolete.  You may ultimately have to do what I did but you can probably get some more time out of it. 
QC Tech
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »

check your email.

FYI there are some cool programmable features on the machine like a timed tournament mode that can be paid or free play.  You can also program so that pulling the handle will repeat last bet.  I kind of like that setting. 

Sounds like your battery is ok for now.  I never had the part number until now.  Digi key lists it but says to call so I bet it is obsolete.  You may ultimately have to do what I did but you can probably get some more time out of it. 

Sounds like fun!   I'll check it out!!  Thanks again!  Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!

Take care,
Don
Judge
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 04:10:10 AM »

I found this on the web, not sure if it's the real deal or not? I have not yet bought it as my machine is not yet up and running. Also my exchange rate is not in my favour.
http://coinslots.com/cei.html
QC Tech
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 09:52:46 AM »

I found this on the web, not sure if it's the real deal or not? I have not yet bought it as my machine is not yet up and running. Also my exchange rate is not in my favour.
http://coinslots.com/cei.html

Perfect!!  Thank you!!

Don
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.