Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Noob needing help with Chip validation and reset button
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noob needing help with Chip validation and reset button  (Read 12794 times)
osso12
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »

Hey guys, trying to learn about my Double Diamond that I just acquired.

Double Diamond
IGT S2000
Model 96438300
SN: 1321940
MFG 12/03

By looking at the photos on NLG, I am still not able to find the reset button.
I also what to determine which SP chip and SS chip I have in my machine.
My glass shows my machine to be a three credit or 3CM... and the max payout button shows to be 3 credit...which I find it hard to believe as it only credits up to two...
My tech told me that he was going to swap the glass out for me as it is a two credit machine (2CM) or so he says anyway.

Here are a couple of photos that I took of my machine.
Also, I assume the easiest route is to change the glass and the credit button out instead of clearing and reprogramming the machine?
I am a sticker for detail. If its in deed a two coin machine, I want it to have the correct buttons and glass.
One last question. If the machine is a two coin (credit) machine, can it be converted to from lets say a type 0 game
to lets say a type 6 game, or does it always have to remain a type 0 game? Also if it is a 2CM originally, can it be made into a 5CM by simply changing the SP chip?

* IMG_2081.JPG (1872.27 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 302 times.)
osso12

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:16:16 PM »

ok, looking at the manual I guess it don't have a reset button per say..
So the reset key on the outside of the machine would be the same as a reset button or credit button inside the machine correct?
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »

The machine doesn't have a reset button. It has a self test switch at the CPU board .. usually a white one.

What are you trying to do to the machine?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »

You are confusing S-Plus machine info with your S2000. Totally different platforms. All the info you are refering to does not apply to your machine. Your machine does not have SS and SP chips, does not have a reset button by the on/off switch. That is all S-Plus stuff....get it out of you head and start over!!!!

Now what are you trying to do? and pull the MPU board and take a picture of the chips you have. Should be SB, SG 1 and 2, Version VS. That will give us a start. And the Award glass will be helpful.
osso12

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:18:10 AM »

The machine doesn't have a reset button. It has a self test switch at the CPU board .. usually a white one.

What are you trying to do to the machine?

Fair nuff...
I think I found that switch you are referring to.

One thing I can think of, I cannot get the machine to cash out from the hopper at all...
I have to have a set key to get into the operator menu correct? Which I do not have. Which Set key would I need?
Also, what user changeable options do I have, and how do I make them as a owner without a set key?
How do I get to the attendant menu, and once I get there, are there any kind of changes that can be made?
I would also like to lower the sound volume of the machine just a tad..
I am sure I will think of many more things to ask as we go along.
Right now my #1 priority is getting the machine to cash out, it will not cash out even if the cash out button is not lit, or even if you have enough coins in the machine; it simply will not cash out. My suspicion is it has something to do with Option: 3.1.7.1
but before I bite off more than I can chew, id rather ask.
osso12

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:21:07 AM »

You are confusing S-Plus machine info with your S2000. Totally different platforms. All the info you are refering to does not apply to your machine. Your machine does not have SS and SP chips, does not have a reset button by the on/off switch. That is all S-Plus stuff....get it out of you head and start over!!!!

Now what are you trying to do? and pull the MPU board and take a picture of the chips you have. Should be SB, SG 1 and 2, Version VS. That will give us a start. And the Award glass will be helpful.
Ill take a pic. So your saying my machine is a S2000?
How do you tell the difference then?
I am not getting anything out of my head until I am 110% sure.. as I know my glass does not match up to the coin credits....
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »

Ill take a pic. So your saying my machine is a S2000?
How do you tell the difference then?
I am not getting anything out of my head until I am 110% sure.. as I know my glass does not match up to the coin credits....

S-plus the machine has no ticket printer, was made prior to 1999, MPU board was on back wall, white test switch next to on off button, one speaker in lower left of cabinet, no bat ear style speakers. and all the pictures you showed are s2000 componets that a s-plus does not have.

S2000 has MPU on left side of cabinet, bat eared speakers on top bos with sub speaker in lower right of coin tray, has long display on left of reel glass, has ticket printer or place for it. And has componets in your picture.

Next pull the board/tray on the left side of the machine and tell us the chip numbers or pictures and we will get you on the right track.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:31:39 AM by coorslight115 » Logged
osso12

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »

No need to pull my board then I don't guess. So your saying mine is not a s-plus?
Then how is the quickest way to identify a S plus?
The reason I am starting off confused is by the glass that is in my machine and the bill validator and also  pics of other members Double Diamond..

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:36:48 AM »

S2000...for sure 100% !!  Now a picture of the chips or their info. S-plus was the machine before the s2000 and the glass is interchangable. Some s-plus titles have s2000 chips and others you can use a emulater chip to run them. Most if not all s-plus glass will work in a s2000. Some will have the proper s2000 chip for better features and sound. S-plus you have to have a chip for each percentage and a s2000 has all on one chip.
osso12

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »

S2000...for sure 100% !!  Now a picture of the chips or their info
well that blows wind...
haha! So... how do i pull the board? Simply unscrew it from the case? What about the plugs?
Any other way to tell what chips are in it? Id rather not pull the board on this one if we don't have to as the other models looked a tad easier to do...
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »

S2000...for sure 100% !!  Now a picture of the chips or their info
well that blows wind...
haha! So... how do i pull the board? Simply unscrew it from the case? What about the plugs?
Any other way to tell what chips are in it? Id rather not pull the board on this one if we don't have to as the other models looked a tad easier to do...

Open door, turn off machine and pull tray straight out. No screws or plugs. take picture and push straight back in and turn back on...that simple. I refreshed last post..go back and read it. S-plus and s2000 are a good match and lots of interchangable glass and strips.
osso12

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 12:43:37 AM »

S-plus the machine has no ticket printer, was made prior to 1999, MPU board was on back wall, white test switch next to on off button, one speaker in lower left of cabinet, no bat ear style speakers. and all the pictures you showed are s2000 componets that a s-plus does not have.

S2000 has MPU on left side of cabinet, bat eared speakers on top bos with sub speaker in lower right of coin tray, has long display on left of reel glass, has ticket printer or place for it. And has componets in your picture.

Next pull the board/tray on the left side of the machine and tell us the chip numbers or pictures and we will get you on the right track.
so mine is basically a newer model?
is it an inferior model?
Let me see if  can get  the board out.
Hell glad you caught me in time, i would have had the whole thing overhauled and in pieces just looking for SP and SS chips!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »

so mine is basically a newer model?
is it an inferior model?
Let me see if  can get  the board out.
Hell glad you caught me in time, i would have had the whole thing overhauled and in pieces just looking for SP and SS chips!

It is the newer nexgen version. You did good by getting it.
osso12

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »

ok.. chips are hard to see... If you need help making out the numbers ill see what I can do..
I am bout blind as a bat.. and possibly dumb too..

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:52 AM »

OK, that helps...You are running 362 SG chips which are OK...Your SB chip is a SB001000 which is used to run S-plus chips in a s2000. That is the emulator chip I discussed. It will work but you do not get the proper sounds and options a real s2000 chip will give you. You need to (in my opinion) get the proper SB chip to replace the the SB001000 and get rid of the SS chip that will no longer be needed and allow you to run the machine as a s2000 not an emulated s-plus. If you send a picture of the award glass I can tell you and possible supply you with the proper SB chip to make your machine match the award and run as a s2000 should with all options and menus available. You will also need a key chip to enter the menus which will be a key0031 in this case. I can supply you all to get you going properly.
osso12

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »

now this is what I wanted to hear!
Thanks!
osso12

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 01:08:44 AM »

If you send a picture of the award glass I can tell you and possible supply you with the proper SB chip to make your machine match the award and run as a s2000 should with all options and menus available. You will also need a key chip to enter the menus which will be a key0031 in this case. I can supply you all to get you going properly.
Please forgive me.. but is not my top picture not the award glass?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 01:11:44 AM »

If you send a picture of the award glass I can tell you and possible supply you with the proper SB chip to make your machine match the award and run as a s2000 should with all options and menus available. You will also need a key chip to enter the menus which will be a key0031 in this case. I can supply you all to get you going properly.
Please forgive me.. but is not my top picture not the award glass?

Sorry jumpped in late on this. Yes that will do.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »

Late here on the east coast...pick this up tomorrow wave
osso12

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 01:22:31 AM »

Clap
pm sent and email sent thanks so much. I think I can put this one to bed.
osso12

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 03:02:02 AM »

ok.. minor issue but is one thing I really wanted to accomplish....
I got the correct chips in. Now, when I go to the key chip menu, when I go to denomination, it shows 25 cents... I want to change that to a five cents or a nickel...
It will not change... Nothing changes it... So how can I lower the denomination from 25 cents to 5 cents?
At least it is seeing the machine as a three coin machine now so that is one plus anyway... But the denomination thing is really starting to pee me off....
I have used the key chip 4 different times now.. same thing keeps happening... Is the issue in the terminal accounting menu somewhere?
I am working from menu 7.1.1...the lowest I can get it to go is .25 cents... or a solid line ------------
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 03:10:01 AM »

A clear chip is required to change denomination.  Any of the vendors around here should be able to hook you up with one.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
osso12

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »

oh no. I wished I had of known that.
O well. Im learning right?
I think ill just wait and see if I end up swapping the game out. Thanks bro.
One other thing though... When it goes to pay out, it says call attendant... Requiring a hand pay.. I do not hear the hopper spin and try to spit out the coins..
What do I need to check first? This game has done this since I bought it. I have tried to change the credit values.. Does this need to be cleared as well?
woe is me..
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 04:26:37 AM »

You can change various limit settings in menu 3 under machine options without a key chip as long as there are no credits on the machine. If the machine isn't already set up to take coins then you'll need to set that up also if you want payouts from the hopper
osso12

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 04:34:26 AM »

You can change various limit settings in menu 3 under machine options without a key chip as long as there are no credits on the machine. If the machine isn't already set up to take coins then you'll need to set that up also if you want payouts from the hopper
I have pretty much been through all the menus....
The machine takes coins fine... Its not until you hit cash out is there a problem...
Nothing happens... Just says call attendant and the bell goes off........
There was no credits at all on the machine when I ran the key chip....
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.