Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Jukeboxs
| | |-+  can someone tell me what model/year this AMI/Rowe is?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can someone tell me what model/year this AMI/Rowe is?  (Read 6374 times)
osso12
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 17, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »

This one has been in the family since I dont know.. 1983 or so....
I had it working at one point.... But mom moved it to her location where it now sits since 1992....
I opened it up yesterday, it powers on but thats about it...Nothing on the inside has any effect on it...the table wont move..... etc...
When I hit the select mechanism to roll through the 45's it will make a ticking noise like it is trying to do something but that about it.
Long of the short...Mom is at the point she wants it out of the house... So it got me thinking of the sentimental part of it......
If I could fix it, or if I thought I could fix it and get it working without spending a whole lot of money on it, id try to fix it and clean it up real good and keep it.
Bottom line, is it worth messing with even from the sentimental part of it? Everything is intact so I guess thats a good thing...
Here are some Iphone photos of it. Any suggestions appreciated...

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »

the unit on the right front of the mech with large white plug  try cleaning that  that is search unit when you make selection that should spin. also turn on your sw on upper left side in pic its off , also the should be some plug in relays  pull them out and reseat them , if  it worked b4 it will work again, those older boxes need to be played
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »

looks to be @ 1968 or so
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »

I believe you have an  MM-5  Presidential  AMI-Rowe  circa  1971.     You might confirm this by looking on the back side of the jukebox for a  3X5  metal I.D.  tag.

Since  the jukebox had been  moved around... check to make sure all the  records are sitting "properly"  in the basket /  carousel.  Next,  as pointed out  before,  look at the "Service"  switch on the left front of  the box....  Has price selector knob  credit,  cancel,  and  the  "bottom"  switch  ON / OFF / Scan.   That is  a  3 position switch.   If you move that switch to the "scan"  position...(it is a "momentary"  sw)  and hold it there,  the basket/carousel  should move / rotate...that allows you to replace / remove / install   45's.  If you establish  that the carousel does move / rotate...  place that  switch to the ON  position...  press the  "credit"  button a  couple times  ( free credits )   and then try a selection.   AMI-Rowe  had a funky selector setup...  Personally never like them too much.  If they get out of whack,  they're a little difficult to get dialed in.   There are  good detailed service manuals "out there"  for your jukebox.   Good Luck !
osso12

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »

If you move that switch to the "scan"  position...(it is a "momentary"  sw)  and hold it there,  the basket/carousel  should move / rotate...that allows you to replace / remove / install   45's.  If you establish  that the carousel does move / rotate...  place that  switch to the ON  position...
That is the switch that used to work when pushing it... It now has a electronic click or ticking sound... Kinda like a burned out starter on a car, or a very weak battery on a car... it tics and nothing moves...
So.. sounds like some cleaning, resetting some things I should be on my way right?
If you guys will help me out, I just sent a text to ma to see if I can keep it and get it over here to my house. So if she says yes, I am holding you guys accountable! HA! I am pretty technical, so... fwiw i will try at least.. and I need something for rainy days and when I am not playing my two IGT S2000 slot machines! The only thing I really hate about that juke box I have fond memory's of me and a buddy carrying it down a long flight of stairs.. I kid you  not...this beast is the most heaviest thing (next to a piano) in life to try and move..
I may see if we can get ma to have someone deliver it here as she just called a piano company to move a piano for her...
might be easiest... either way I will try to get possession of the juke box.. thanks fellas.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:20:34 AM »

looks like right side of mech is missing records bet the are jamming mech
osso12

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »

looks like right side of mech is missing records bet the are jamming mech

Its possible.. I am an ELO fan.. I took all my elo 45 records "evil woman" "strange magic" "telephone line" out
years ago.. but after the problem had already started..but I will recheck all of this in time.. I will post back as I get more information.
osso12

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »

ok.. still in negotiations with ma about getting the machine...
She really don't seem to have a problem with it, only thing she mentioned is shes worried about me manhandling the thing as it is soo heavy.
Next question before we continue on this which may help.
How much would fair retail on this machine be if we can get it to at least play and select records properly in the condition it is in?
What would be fair retail if we got it working, plus was able to clean/finish the exterior?
Thanks!
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »

when those go thur auctions in nc/va area they sell working for 50 to 125 bucks
osso12

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »

wow.   :279-Then its hardly worth my time then. Preciate it.
Ken Layton
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 88

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 03:34:22 AM »

Looks like an "MM-6" from 1970. Yours even has the tube amplifier in it.

Manuals can be purchased from www.victoryglass.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.