Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  s+ info help needed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: s+ info help needed  (Read 27614 times)
ShadyNova
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

well i did the clear chip and then put in the new chip and as soon as i turn it on it shows 61 but if i press the test button and then the jackpot switch it shows something else its like it goes in to the setup menu

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »

ok just did a clear chip then put in the new chip i get 61 when i press the test switch it dont do any thing but then i close the door and do the jackpot switch i get a 01 in winner paid and 1 in the coins played and then is i flip the jackpot switch again i get an 02 in the winner paid ans still 1 in the coins played

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »

so i keep on flipping the jackpot key it goes upto 08 then i got an 01 in winners pais and in the coins played it show 2 so i flip the jackpot key and then 9999 winner pais credits 9999 and coins played 9 flip the jackpot key and a 00 in the winner paid coins played 3 and so on

Thanks ShadyNova
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »

That is really strange. Turning the jackpot key sounds like it's just going into accointing mode.

Let's back up a bit. When you put in the clear chip, and pressed the self test button did it count up twice like it was supposed to?

When you put the game chip in, (to get the 61), is the door already open? If not, try it by leaving the door open when you power it up. If you are not getting a 61_1 something is wrong. Turning the reset key before getting the 61_1 is useless.  

However, looking at the earlier posts, I wonder how you got the 61 to clear without getting a 61_1. So, just for the heck of it, let's assume your display has an issue. So when you get the 61 and press the self test button, does it "ding" at all? The ding is the indicator that the it has done it's thing. Whether it dings or not, after you have held the self test button for 3 seconds, close the door (and latch it) and just turn the jackpot key one time only. Wait a few seconds, and power down the machine and turn it back on (door closed this time). Tell us what it does. Does the 61 come back?

Also just for the heck of it, pull the CMOS chip out and reseat it.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »

Stop turning the reset key.

When you're at the 61 error, press and hold the white self test button for five seconds, which should turn the error to a 61-1. Then, and only then, close the door fully, latch it securely, and then turn the reset key.

If you are never getting the 61-1, don't turn the reset key as it won't help you and will only serve to add confusion.

If you are not getting to 61-1, please run the clear chip again, and tell us in detail the exact steps you're taking with the clear chip so we can see if you're using it correctly.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ShadyNova

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

That is really strange. Turning the jackpot key sounds like it's just going into accointing mode.

Let's back up a bit. When you put in the clear chip, and pressed the self test button did it count up twice like it was supposed to? YES

When you put the game chip in, (to get the 61), is the door already open? YES

However, looking at the earlier posts, I wonder how you got the 61 to clear without getting a 61_1. WITH THE NEW CHIP IN I HAVE NEVER GOT IT TO CLEAR

So, just for the heck of it, let's assume your display has an issue. So when you get the 61 and press the self test button, does it "ding" at all? NO

The ding is the indicator that the it has done it's thing. Whether it dings or not, after you have held the self test button for 3 seconds, close the door (and latch it) and just turn the jackpot key one time only. Wait a few seconds, and power down the machine and turn it back on (door closed this time). CANT THE POWER SWITCH IS INSIDE THE GAME

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »

Stop turning the reset key.

When you're at the 61 error, press and hold the white self test button for five seconds, which should turn the error to a 61-1. Then, and only then, close the door fully, latch it securely, and then turn the reset key.

If you are never getting the 61-1, don't turn the reset key as it won't help you and will only serve to add confusion.

If you are not getting to 61-1, please run the clear chip again, and tell us in detail the exact steps you're taking with the clear chip so we can see if you're using it correctly.

when i do that it just sits there and does nothing it just sits at 61

Thanks ShadyNova
poppo

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »

With the old chip, did you indeed get the 61_1?

As knagl  mentioned, you might try running the clear again since you had put your original chip back in since then.

You can always use the power cord to power it up with the door closed. I was mainly curious as to what comes up when the door is already closed.

One more thing to try. The jumper for the reel chip should also be over to the same side as the CMOS chip. You might try putting both jumpers over to that side, run the clear, then put both the game chip and reel chip I sent you in, and try again.
poppo

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »

When you get around to messing with this some more, please post a detailed step by step of what you are doing. Sometimes it's just one little detail that that will help determine what the issue is, or if a step was missed.

Also, to back up a bit abut the question I asked above. When you first changed the battery with your original chip, you said that you were able to clear the 61. Did you get the 61_1 when you were trying to clear it then?
ShadyNova

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »

When you get around to messing with this some more, please post a detailed step by step of what you are doing. Sometimes it's just one little detail that that will help determine what the issue is, or if a step was missed.

Also, to back up a bit abut the question I asked above. When you first changed the battery with your original chip, you said that you were able to clear the 61. Did you get the 61_1 when you were trying to clear it then?

if i remember right yes i think i got the 61_1 when i put in the old chip this time i did a clear before that and i got a 61 then it was a 65_1 it never went to a 61_1 the game works fine on the old chip on the new one before i installed the new one i used the clear chip and then installed the game chip that's when i got the 61 but i cant get pasted that point hope this helps i have never unplugged it just used the power switch
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:55:31 PM by ShadyNova » Logged

Thanks ShadyNova
poppo

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 04:26:54 PM »

.... when i put in the old chip this time i did a clear before that and i got a 61 then it was a 65_1 it never went to a 61_1 the game works fine on the old chip .....

Even that sounds odd. A 61 should always need to be cleared by going to 61_1.

In any case, I would suggest the following in this exact order.

1 With power off, pull the MPU out an put both of those jumpers by the game and reel chip toward the CMOS side.
2. Install the the reel chip I sent you, and install the clear chip. Pull the CMOS chip out for a few seconds and then put it back in.
3. Put the MPU back in (leave the hopper out) and power it up.
4. After a few seconds press the self test button and verify that the display counts up a few times (tell us what it counted to)
5. When it's done, power down the machine and remove the MPU.
6. Remove the clear chip and install the SP1271 (don't move any jumpers).
7. Put the MPU back in and the hopper too.
8. With the door open, power up the machine (tell us exactly what takes place at this point).
9. If you get anything other than a 61, follow the directions for clearing ithose errors.
10. When you get the 61, see if pressing and holding the self test for a few seconds will change it to 61_1. If it does not change, do not do anything else (like turning the reset key) and proceed to step 11
11. power down the machine. Unplug the power cord from wherever it's plugged in.
12. Turn on the power switch inside and close and latch the door. The machine will not be powered at this point.
13. Plug the power cord in and see what happens. If you get the 61 again, open the door and try to clear it as usual.

ShadyNova

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

ok i will let you know i may get a chance to look at it later on today if not then tomorrow

Thanks ShadyNova
poppo

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »

Any updates on this?
ShadyNova

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »

nah not yet i just have not had the time to mess with it but i will post when i mess with it

Thanks ShadyNova
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »

Enjoying the Show
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »

Eating Cookie
poppo

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »

Relax Drink
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 03:46:28 AM »

drinker

I guess that I will be a follower since you guys made me laugh!  lightning bolt KARMA STORM lightning bolt

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »

The last stringer of comments/icons were all made by "Mark's"  rotflmao
That would be funny if shadynova's name is Mark!!! Cry Laughing
ShadyNova

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2012, 03:20:59 AM »

sorry guys work has me busy and by the time i come home i just what to sit and kick it and not even look at that game so maybe this weekend i can have a look at it and see what i can get it to do and not do

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2012, 08:07:53 PM »

.... when i put in the old chip this time i did a clear before that and i got a 61 then it was a 65_1 it never went to a 61_1 the game works fine on the old chip .....

Even that sounds odd. A 61 should always need to be cleared by going to 61_1.

In any case, I would suggest the following in this exact order.

1 With power off, pull the MPU out an put both of those jumpers by the game and reel chip toward the CMOS side.
2. Install the the reel chip I sent you, and install the clear chip. Pull the CMOS chip out for a few seconds and then put it back in.
3. Put the MPU back in (leave the hopper out) and power it up.
4. After a few seconds press the self test button and verify that the display counts up a few times (tell us what it counted to)
5. When it's done, power down the machine and remove the MPU.
6. Remove the clear chip and install the SP1271 (don't move any jumpers).
7. Put the MPU back in and the hopper too.
8. With the door open, power up the machine (tell us exactly what takes place at this point).
9. If you get anything other than a 61, follow the directions for clearing ithose errors.
10. When you get the 61, see if pressing and holding the self test for a few seconds will change it to 61_1. If it does not change, do not do anything else (like turning the reset key) and proceed to step 11
11. power down the machine. Unplug the power cord from wherever it's plugged in.
12. Turn on the power switch inside and close and latch the door. The machine will not be powered at this point.
13. Plug the power cord in and see what happens. If you get the 61 again, open the door and try to clear it as usual.

ok im installing new chips in the so i can sell it and im getting a 61 i have tryed what you said in here and it just sits there like im not doing any thing when i press the self test here are the chips i have installed in the slot sp1311 and a st0001 any info on how to get this to work would be great thanks so much guys

Thanks ShadyNova
poppo

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »

ok im installing new chips in the so i can sell it and im getting a 61 i have tryed what you said in here and it just sits there like im not doing any thing when i press the self test here are the chips i have installed in the slot sp1311 and a st0001 any info on how to get this to work would be great thanks so much guys

Ok, so you get a 61 and pressing the self test button does nothing? Does your machine have some sort of door optics bypass?
ShadyNova

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »

not that i know of

Thanks ShadyNova
ShadyNova

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 03:32:20 AM »

so anyone know what i can do to get this thing working right it has something to do with the chips i think as when i install the other chips i got from here i think it did the same thing

Thanks ShadyNova
poppo

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 08:46:53 AM »

Are you sure the self test button works? Can you post some pictures of the inside of the machine (and inside edge of the door where the optics are)?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.