Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  3300 Error on IGT Slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3300 Error on IGT Slot  (Read 8167 times)
bobbdenver
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »

I have an IGT slot machine... red white and blue 7's.  I'm not sure if it's an S or S+ or what.
It's a quarter machine, but I use nickels in it, because it is cheaper to fill up.
I have a 3300 error that I can't clear.  The hopper isn't empty.  I've emptied it and refilled it.
I've tried the reset button, and just about everything else I've seen on this site so far.
I'll reset it, close the door, then it starts to pay out.  It will dump about 10 coins, then lock up and flash 3300, and the light on top of the machine will start blinking.

Are the nickels causing a problem possibly?  It worked fine with nickels in small amounts several times before I filled it completely.

When I filled the hopper with nickels, I dumped all of the quarters out, and I bumped the unit on the ground accidentally.  Could I have thrown something out of alignment?  Is the hopper assembly that sensitive?

Any help would be appreciated.  I was excited to finally have my new machine filled up and ready to play with, until this happened.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »

Welcome to the site, bobbdenver.

NLG Welcome

You need to use a nickel hopper (or replace the parts on your hopper to convert it to nickels) to use nickels in your quarter hopper.  The parts in your current hopper are designed for quarters, which is why it's constantly getting jammed.  Once the hopper jams, the machine notices that coins are no longer flowing out of it and throws a "hopper empty" (3300) error since it thinks the hopper is out of coins.

You can post a "WTB" (Want To Buy") message over in the classifieds section of the site stating that you want to buy the parts needed to convert your IGT S+ quarter hopper to nickels.  You may also want to buy a replacement knife at the same time since I'm sure your current knife is getting pretty chewed up with all of the coin jams.

Additionally, you may want to buy a nickel coin entry plate which will prevent people from dropping in quarters to your machine (and potentially jamming the coin-in area).  You may also want to buy a nickel encoder for your coin-in optics to ensure you get credit for each nickel you drop in (and also to ensure you don't get any coin-in errors since nickels are smaller than quarters).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:53:05 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

Since the machine was  "originally"  a quarter machine... you may have a quarter hopper.  The nickels are spitting  out but are not "breaking"   the  optic on the coin hopper while cashing out... thus it basically is going to a  "time out"  (hopper empty)   The  "optic"  I'm referring to is the black U shaped  "bracket"  mounted on the top / (front)  of the hopper.  
Since the hopper is in cash out mode... while the door is closed... note if the  Credit meter is  counting down the credits while cashing out... My guess is NO.  If you still have a quarter setup in  your  hopper ...which is basically a "coin shelf"  ( the chrome / shiny disc ) in the hopper needs to be changed to a nickel shelf.  ...and  the black plastic  "knife"  adjusted  also to allow nickels to pass thru the  coin / payout optic.  

To test this "theory"  ...  dump all your nickels  and put some quarters in the hopper... close the door and note if the  Credit meter "counts down"  while the quarters are spitting out to the tray...    Good Luck.   
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:59 AM »

Oh, good catch, CP -- I read it as him saying that his hopper was jamming up, not that the machine was spitting out coins and then it would stop even though the hopper wasn't jammed.  If that's the case, as CP mentioned, the hopper coin-out optic would need to be adjusted so that nickels break the beam in the optic.

Still, it would be a good idea to get nickel hopper parts if you plan to run nickels in it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bobbdenver
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »

The coins have not jammed.

Yes the credits count down.  At least they did before it started in this loop.  I used nickels in this several times before this started happening.  They never jammed.  They always registered on the counter as they were dropped.

There is a unit in the machine that holds whatever type of coin is to be received.  I'm guessing this is standard, but I am brand new to all of this.
I wasn't aware that there was anything special about the hopper for quarters vs. nickels, but I'll look into that if I end up keeping the nickels.

Currently no credits are shown.  The machine boots up.  Reels return to position (blank, blank, blank).  Coins spit out (with no number in the credit window).  Then 3300.  I counted the coins the last several times, and it actually spits out between 44 and 49 coins every time.

I have refilled it with quarters, and it makes no difference. I haven't disassembled any part of the hopper yet, but I have looked it over closely, and there are no coins stuck anywhere that is readily visible.

Any other thoughts?
bobbdenver
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »

... and thanks for the welcome to the site.  I'm excited about getting into this as a hobby.
cp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »

When you close the front door...  (machine is ON)  There are NO credits on the machine ? ?  But the  hopper starts kicking out coins ? ?  And then goes into a  3300  (that's hopper empty code)....   Never seen that  one before. ...  Scratch Head

I would guess you don't have a  "clear"  chip....

That would be the next step I would take...  Clear chip the board and  "start"  over.
bobbdenver
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »

Yep.  When I close the door, the "Credits" window is blank and the "Winner Paid" window is blank, "Coins In" window is a blinking "1".
Then reels spin to blank, blank, blank, coins kick out.  Then 3300 and flashing top lights.

What does clearing the chip constitute?  Are we talking about some sort of sequence of key turns and buttons... or reprogramming the whole thing?
cp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 12:21:47 AM »

You might get some detailed info here:

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=888

and even reasonably priced Key / Ram Clear  eproms.  Rudy Deals is a member of this site too.   Or  just do a search on this site NLG to get more info on Ram Clear for  S+

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.