Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 11:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  Fortune 1 Poker Manual & MPU Repair Questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortune 1 Poker Manual & MPU Repair Questions  (Read 9748 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »

I picked up a IGT Joker Poker Fortune 1 machine and it has some issues... It was in storage for a few years, it does power up but the screen is scrambled and the language doesn't look to be English?? My 1st question is there a manual available for these machines? I was able to find one for the Fortune II, but bot the Fortune I...  Second question, does any one still do repair work on these MPU boards or know where a replacement might be found?

* 100_1720.JPG (903.94 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 369 times.)

* 100_1721.JPG (894.87 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 364 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:09:28 PM »

MPU Board pics...

* 100_1744.JPG (1233.67 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 409 times.)

* 100_1746.JPG (478.37 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 333 times.)

proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »

I'm not the best one for this problem but with video slots this is where I would start.
It will probably need a battery and a clear to get going again.
Check the voltage of the battery to start.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:25:59 PM by proten » Logged

One step at a time.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »

It will probably need a battery and a clear to get going again.
Check the voltage of the battery to start.

I have a new battery in it, the other one was dead.. How do I go about doing the clear??

AngryRant
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »

Although I can't help you with your problem I just want to say that this is the first time I can see what is inside those machines Cheesy
it looks like they have a tv inside Cheesy bonus bwin poker
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:34:04 AM by AngryRant » Logged
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »

Rudy's site had a manual on it. Thats where I got it from. It won't allow me to attach it on here for some reason but if you need it, PM me your email address and I can send it to you.
gposing

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 02:19:21 AM »

How is your repair coming?  I'm in the process of trying to bring one back to life also.  I got mine working tonight but two hold buttons are not working nor will it spit out coins.    If you are getting garbage characters on the screen is might be the chips in cga0. And cga1.   Can you post picture of screen. 
poker101
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »

I picked up a IGT Joker Poker Fortune 1 machine and it has some issues... It was in storage for a few years, it does power up but the screen is scrambled and the language doesn't look to be English?? My 1st question is there a manual available for these machines? I was able to find one for the Fortune II, but bot the Fortune I...  Second question, does any one still do repair work on these MPU boards or know where a replacement might be found?

HI I have just found one just like this have you had any luck finding any info on it?

OK Thanks for the info, how about this. my unit powers up, I got it to deal cards but the buttons on the front are all dead not lit or any thing. Battery is dead I will have to find one, not many parts in Branson lol This is my first one so all help is welcome.   
Again Thanks !

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:03:13 AM by poker101 » Logged
gposing

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »

I got the hold buttons to work now. Just an issue with the hopper switch not reading the coins going out.   Did you find the manual at Rudy'S
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 11:54:37 PM »

I just bought a few different manuals including the Fortune I. Email Kelly at,
az_slots@yahoo.com
Tell him what your looking for he might have it. I've also found a place out of Vegas the repairs the boards of a lot of these older machines including the Fortune I & II machines. I think it was $125 plus shipping, but I'd have to double check my notes. I'm planning on sendiing the board from my Fortune I in for repair in the next few weeks.

CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:40:53 AM »

If you find you need a hopper, let me know, as we have several F1 hoppers. We actually have quite an assortment of F1 parts. Boards for F1 & F2 s as well.

-Roslyn wave

gposing

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 02:31:16 AM »

I know it is not the hopper.  I just traced the switch wire from the hopper all the way to back plan board and no break n circuit.  My guess is the cpu is not getting a signal when coins come out.  Drawings are very hard to read.  Do you have a photo of a working main board you could send me.  I have a few slotswith no chips.

Gary
Belbtech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:46 AM »

Hi gposing,

You may have an issue with your I/O board...as memory serves me, there are half a dozen (or so) oblong light blue thru-hole devices (relay switches) chances are that one of them has opened (or fused closed)...we used to test them by running a magnet over the top of them, listen closely & you can hear them "click" as they close.  I have no idea where they can be purchased anymore...we used to buy them from Sandy's Electronics in Las Vegas, but that was back in the '90s...

Hope this helps...

God bless,
Mike><>

For God so loved the world...John 3:16!
gposing

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »

Mike,   thanks for the info.  The good news is I have two I/O boards. So I hope I can take one from the spare board I have.  Do you remember if the relays are normally open or closed?
gposing

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »

Is the tick sound a good thing or bad.  On my spare board some tick some dont
gposing

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 09:05:44 PM »

I removed the "good" board that I have.  i tested all blue relays.  I can hear tick on each one.  I also checked continuity on them. 
There are 4 connectors for each one.  the two inner ones show a connection all the time  when I apply the magnet to the relay I then get a connection across the outer posts.  Remove the magnet and the connections goes away. 
So I am assuming that they are all good???
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.