Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:15:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Swapping an SS chip.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swapping an SS chip.  (Read 12824 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: May 28, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »

I have a three coin S plus Double Diamond, not to be confused with my recent 5 nickel Double Diamond Deluxe!
It has an SP 731 and an SS 3743.
I have an SS 3742 chip that someone gave me (one of you nice people) and my simple questions is:
can I just swap these chips to up my percentage? It's paying 87% and really starting to annoy me and the other chip will at least bump it up to 90% and keep me from whacking the machine.  frying pan
I did just look at the "bible" link. I'm assuming I could put any of those SS chips with my SP 731...right?
http://newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203%20Line/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Diamond%20%283%20Line%29.htm
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »

Yes, put your "new" chip in, power up machine, it will give you a 61. Open door and push white button until it "dings" and changes to 61-1. Close the door, turn your reset key once. Voila!! New payout %!! Have fun!!

-Roslyn

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »

THANKS! I really should know this by now but ... I just needed to make sure.
I wish my EM posts would get this fast of a response!!!  applause
I'm waiting on OldReno but patiently waiting of course.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »

It gave me a code 67. I pressed the white button and a 1 came up in the credits window. So I just closed the door and it went through the maiden spin and works fine now. AND pays a little more with that whopping 90$ chip!  rotflmao
It really is better than 87% though. I also found a 92% in my bag of chips. That may go in later, perhaps.

UPDATE: This is weird. I opened the door to take out some quarters (Before I put in a 5 dollar bill and played), closed the door and got that 67. Pressed the white button and nothing happened. So I powered it down and up, got the 61, pressed the white button and got the 61 1, then closed the door and did the reset key. Now it's working.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:58:19 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »

FYI what you did the second time you got the 67 is the way to handle a 67 code on a S+.

For a 67 code. just power it off and back on, then the 61 code will occur, unless there is something really wrong with a chip.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 11:07:10 PM »

That makes sense now. It's nice to have this machine being a little more "giving" now too!
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »

So change percentage from 87 to 90 percent and I get this after about 5 minutes of play! Guess I better change forums to the "best hit at home."

* hit.jpg (1404.55 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 374 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:37:32 AM »

Kind of off this topic but now that I have 2500 credits - how can I clear them??? I really don't want to play them out. I like putting in my dollar bills and playing this machine like it's real. That "win" was during a test after putting in the higher percentage SS chip.  Scratch Head
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »

What should of happened is that when you got the 2,500 credit win - it should have forced the
machine to go into "Hand-Pay" mode in where all you would have needed to do was
turn the Jackpot reset key once to knock off the credits.

However, your Jackpot Limit setting is probably set too high in the hopper menus.
This limit is programmable is your dip switches 1 and 2 are in the "On" positions.
It can be programmed to determine the max number of coins that can be paid out of the hopper.
Otherwise, you are going by the dip switch settings which are on the sticker on the inside of the door panel.

You have the SP731 game chip installed STS so if you turn on the 1 and 2 dipswitches, go into the Options
on page <7> and set it for say 499 so any win 500 credits or over rings the bell, shoots off  Celebrate the confetti cannon,
lights up the red siren ambulance beacon lamps, trips the pre-recorded P.A. speaker announcment

"You're A Big Winner!"
                       Jeannie  beautiful showgirls  Jeannie come prancing around you
and start kissing you all over.... Cheer Leader and forces the machine into a "Hand-Pay" mode.

OK...  Maaybe that doesn't happen in your basement... bust gut laughing

However, the machine won't allow you to change anything with credits on the display.

There are numerous ways to clear 2,500 credits but the best way is to stick your Clear chip in
and set your Options settings.

Attached below is the SP731 chip sheet...>>>

* SP731.pdf (407.47 KB - downloaded 221 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:25:15 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »

OHHHHH S***   Bunker said those three nasty words  "clear your machine" Next he wil be telling us water runs uphill.

Mark Seems like I read if you remove the Ram chip and short it out that will remove the credits.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »

and start kissing you all over.... Cheer Leader and forces the machine into a "Hand-Pay" mode.

OK...  Maaybe that doesn't happen in your basement... bust gut laughing

Kissing me all over WHERE? Hand WHAT???  obsessed drool
Funny I thought I heard some giggly voices in my basement a few days back when I got the jackpot. Guess they were getting ready?

Again, this is more stuff I SHOULD know from working on my latex nickle machine and setting up its hopper and pay-out limits. It was kind of fun though to watch the winner paid meter skyrocket to 2500 though! Will it let me change settings with credits in the meter? I bet not. Maybe I'll just play this batch through or let it pay out and keep refilling the hopper. I completely forgot I did this on a 1600 coin win when I first got this machine. That could take awhile!  
Thanks Bunker and Buzz....now it's off to the basement to install a pole for the ladies.
Too bad I don't have a basement.   Silly Me!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 02:44:30 PM »

OHHHHH S***   Bunker said those three nasty words  "clear your machine" Next he wil be telling us water runs uphill.

Mark Seems like I read if you remove the Ram chip and short it out that will remove the credits.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

I know... but I was telling him the "best" way to Clear the credits off of his machine...not the "McGuyver" way... rotflmao
Another way is to drop the CMOS chip into a programmer and erase it electronically - if it doesn't have a UV window.
Of course, the PITA-way is to feed the hopper until all the credits are knocked off...but that's the dummy way to do things.

There's a hard way, an easy way, and the best way to do things.
Personally, I have a pinwheel coinless hopper to do that job on my test Frankenstein rig so I don't have to go back
and set up the options all over again after a Clear chipping routine... but that's me...  arrow 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »

For the heck of it, I decided to try the "grounding the legs" on this CMOS chip.
It doesn't always work...basically, if you don't get a [61] - it won't work.
Of course, most times, grounding the legs of an eprom will corrupt it
and that's fine if you want to wipe out your credits on the display!  yes

Here's some pictures & videos for you guys.
First, I played the game a bit to put 15 credits onto the display...>>>

* credits on an S+.jpg (1067.73 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 380 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:11:50 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 04:06:34 PM »

Then I pulled out the CMOS chip and put it aside...>>>

* Pulled Out CMOS Chip.jpg (1084.08 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 406 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:13:07 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »

I found an old Mikohn progressive cover and rubbed the CMOS's chip legs on it and on the walls to get the sides of the legs too!
Sometimes the legs aren't all the same lengths because of the legs being slightly bent sometimes...>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BmAj85taVoA&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BmAj85taVoA&rel=0</a>
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 04:17:30 PM »

After I grounded the CMOS chip legs to corrupt the chip,
I re-installed it back into the CMOS socket on the MPU board.

The notch or round indentation on top of the chip should face
the name of the chip imprinted onto the circuit board...>>>

* 3 Sisters on an S+.jpg (943.79 KB, 2522x1744 - viewed 379 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:26:01 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 04:20:33 PM »

If you've grounded out all the legs correctly, the CMOS chip should be pretty well screwed up and corrupted.
After powering up, you ought to get a [61] code.

That's when you push the test button for a few seconds
and the [61-1] error code shows up.

At that point, close the door so the optics are lined up
and turn the Jackpot reset key once!
The display will go blank, the reels will do their "maiden spins"
and the "Insert" coin light should come ready for play!

You may notice that the 15 credits I had on the display earlier... are now gone!...>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qy2CMhhtERo&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Qy2CMhhtERo&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:04:27 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

It's fun to see RESULTS from my questions...thanks!!! Clap
AND...how come your first reel symbol didn't nudge down???
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

The SS chip was from a 3CM Double Cherry Bar game....not a 2CM Double Diamond Deluxe shown.
I only had it in there for testing purposes only...

The Double Cherry Bar SS reel chip pays out for blanks,  Sooo!...lol...it's proper that when
the reels go through their initiation spins ("Maiden Spins") - the 1st reel will stop
on a symbol, rather than a paying blank...

Thanks for asking!  yes
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »

The Double Cherry Bar SS reel chip pays out for blanks,  Sooo!...lol...it's proper that when
the reels go through their initiation spins ("Maiden Spins") - the 1st reel will stop
on a symbol, rather than a paying blank...

Thanks for asking!  yes

Bunker  Are you sure about that statement ??? " Maiden Spin"   I kind of think the reels will always stop on the last game played.  ( I don't have a machine in the house that pays on blanks, to lazy to go out to the trailer/trailers.)

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:19 PM »

Bunker  Are you sure about that statement ??? " Maiden Spin"   I kind of think the reels will always stop on the last game played.  ( I don't have a machine in the house that pays on blanks, to lazy to go out to the trailer/trailers.)

After a clear or a game change (or in Bunker's example, corrupting the CMOS), the first "maiden spin" will line up the reels at the three blanks at the top of the reel strips (where the seam is), unless three blanks is a winning combination (like on Red White and Blue, for example). In that case, it will offset the first reel by one physical stop so that there won't be a winning combination displayed.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »

If the CMOS has been cleared, the game pays on three blanks and the machine performs a "maiden spin," it will spin one of the reels to a symbol next to the seam (usually reel 1). I think it spins to the symbol below the seam but I'm not certain.

Stat garfield

P.S. Looks like knagl beat me to it.  wave

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »

FWIW, there really is no need to ground the CMOS. Once it is removed from the socket, it loses it's battery backup power and the data is lost. Pulling the CMOS is the fastest wat to clear any credits and you won't lose any settings. Grounding the chip won't hurt, and is easy enopugh to do, but it really is not necessary since it will get rewitten when clearing the 61.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »

Well I knew that when you do a clear it changes where the reels stop, guess I wasn't thinking about when you remove the cmos the machines forgets where it last stopped.   CRS

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 01:16:43 AM »

This is the award glass for the Double Cherry Bar 3CM SS chip I was using in the video clip.
I was testing the SS chip in it
and had misplaced my Double Diamond Deluxe SS chip.

The point I was trying to make was for testing the purposeful erasure of the CMOS chip.
I didn't think that we'd be talking about the SS chip I had chosen to use for the test !!    bust gut laughing

And yes...the 1st left-most reel always stops on the 1st symbol -
rather than the strip's seam for this kind of SS chip program.

Anyways, you can see that this particular SS reel chip game pays out for "blanks" on the bottom line.
It's not too clear though as I borrowed the picture of the award glass from the Bible...>>>

* Double Cherry Bar 3CM Award Glass.gif (28.98 KB, 300x225 - viewed 473 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.