Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E Series Help needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E Series Help needed  (Read 2184 times)
spuggyroo
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:38 AM »

I just picked up a Bally E-1151-3 (5 coin multiplier, double progressive) machine.  When powered on the machine will not go through self test and displays either an incomplete number or a zero on the display.  I checked the voltages on the power supply and the 5 volt is Ok,  7.5 volt is 6 and the 10V is at 7.5 when the boards are plugged in, With the boards unplugged the voltages are normal.  Would this be a board or power supply issue?  any ideas?

Eric
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »

Hi Eric,

1st thing is to give that new machine of yours a good visual going over.  Then check the memory battery.  Remember those old Ballys need Ni cads, not lithium's.  As for your symptoms, the easyest thing to do is unplug, clean and reconnect the ribbon cable going to and from the display board.  Bad contacts can cause garbled character.  However, it sounds like the machine is not completing, or capable of completing the power-up self test, a more serious problem.  I've had some success with reseating all the chips on the MPU board.  If you attempt this BE CAREFUL.   Burning Resistor  ESD damage and broken pins can make things worse. 

Good luck.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:47:25 AM by MarkInAz » Logged

Its Always Something...
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:30 AM »

I just picked up a Bally E-1151-3 (5 coin multiplier, double progressive) machine.  When powered on the machine will not go through self test and displays either an incomplete number or a zero on the display.  I checked the voltages on the power supply and the 5 volt is Ok,  7.5 volt is 6 and the 10V is at 7.5 when the boards are plugged in, With the boards unplugged the voltages are normal.  Would this be a board or power supply issue?  any ideas?

Eric

I would take a look at the bridge rectifier and make sure that you have a good solder joint. If the joints appear to be good
then replace the bridge rectifier. The BR has a part number of VJ148c and I think that Barry Fox (FOXSLOTS1) has these
available for resale.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.