Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Code 12 Error! I need help please.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Code 12 Error! I need help please.  (Read 20579 times)
formertexan
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« on: May 31, 2012, 08:31:46 AM »

Crazy :208-I have an round top IGT S or S+ (how do you tell the difference between s and s+).   . 
When I turn the machine on I get the code 12 in the winner window.  Under the codes pasted on my machine
that's a "low battery voltage".  Does that mean I have to replace a battery or ?. 
What do I need to do? 
If it's a battery where is it located?  Or does the code 12 mean my power supply is going?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Don
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »

The onboard MPU 3.6 volt battery has dropped below the threshold voltage.
That in turn, causes the MPU to shoot out the code [12] error code.
Time for a new one.

Place a WTB (Wanted To Buy) ad in the Classifieds section of NLG
and I'm somebody will have one for ya!  yes
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »

The easiest way to tell if you have an S Plus machine would be if it had a built in bill acceptor.  The older S machines (and some of the earlier S Plus Machines had no internal bill acceptors).
Assuming you have an S Plus machine ...

The battery is located on the MPU board behind the tray located behind your hopper.

* S Plus Tray.jpg (59.06 KB, 640x480 - viewed 405 times.)

* S Plus MPU.jpg (323.4 KB, 640x480 - viewed 472 times.)
CommTech
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

The Battery ...

* S Plus Battery.jpg (244.2 KB, 640x480 - viewed 374 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 06:14:47 PM »

To expand on CommTech's answer, S+ machines have easily removable MPU boards as pictured above (the silver tray with the black knob which just plugs in and unplugs in one motion) (always turn the power OFF when unplugging or plugging in the MPU board).

S (non-plus) machines have MPU boards which are attached with multiple cable harnesses which must be individually plugged and unplugged when removing the board.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
formertexan
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »

Thanks to all for your very helpful information.  I have determined that I have the S+ model.  So now I have to order the battery.
The next question is:  Can I just pull out the old battery, or is it soldered in with the clips on each side?  If so does the NEW battery come with the clips attached and then they have
to be soldered in where the old one is?  If so then I guess I melt the old solder with a soldering iron and then solder the new one in/  If this is so do I use solder with flux all in one?

Does anyone in this forum sell the batteries and are they expensive?

ALSO: Does anyone know how to change your e-mail address on here.  I have a NEW one and can't find a way to change it on here.
The OLD one is: removed for your protection

The NEW on is: removed for your protection

Thanks for your help in advance.

Don
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:43:26 PM by knagl » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »

Thanks to all for your very helpful information.  I have determined that I have the S+ model.  So now I have to order the battery.
The next question is:  Can I just pull out the old battery, or is it soldered in with the clips on each side?  If so does the NEW battery come with the clips attached and then they have
to be soldered in where the old one is?  If so then I guess I melt the old solder with a soldering iron and then solder the new one in/  If this is so do I use solder with flux all in one?

Does anyone in this forum sell the batteries and are they expensive?

ALSO: Does anyone know how to change your e-mail address on here.  I have a NEW one and can't find a way to change it on here.
The OLD one is: removed for your protection

The NEW on is: removed for your protection

Thanks for your help in advance.

Don

To change your e-mail address, go to the bottom of your profile page, second item.

Ron (r273)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:43:38 PM by knagl » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »

Don   I apologize if this pisses you off, but after reading your post about your soldering skills PLEASE don't try this on your own or your next post will be where can you buy a new board.( I've been wrong before )  OK now that you've said screw him, cut the  tabs off the old battery as close as you can. Now solder the new battery tabs to the old tabs. ( Very little heat going to the board. )  If you have a BV your going to need a set chip.

I live about 20 miles East of Palmdale and if that's any where close to you I would be happy to solder in the battery for you.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 02:33:35 PM »

Don - there are some excellent posts on here in regards to soldering batteries and other components on boards that go into detail on type of flux, methods, solder types, etc.) that might help you out. Just search "soldering battery" and you should find them. yes

-Roslyn

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »

I removed your e-mail addresses from your post above so that any potential spam bots that crawl through the site won't be able to see them and add you to spam e-mail lists.  I see that with Ron (r273)'s help, you were able to update your e-mail address in your profile.

If you haven't soldered a battery in before (and based on your posts, you haven't), I'd tend to agree with Buzz and try not to do it yourself, at least don't solder the tabs to the battery since that's where the biggest danger is in the proces (of the battery bursting due to too much heat).

If you're close enough to Buzz or another member, let them help you do this the first time.  If not, I'd buy a battery with the tabs already soldered on so you don't have to do that part.  Then, one at a time heat up each solder pad on the board to remove the old battery from the board (with its tabs attached to the battery still), then solder each new tab to the board being careful not to heat up the board too much and damage anything on the board.  Also be sure to observe the correct polarity when attaching the new battery.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1006

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 06:59:25 PM »

Don
If you have a Interstate Battery near you just take the board to them and will put a new battery in for you for about $9.00 battery included

formertexan
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:53 PM »

Thanks to bunnyslots, Knagl, Buzz, r273, and CVslots.

You all have been very helpful to me.  I live in Cathedral City, CA and I just checked and there is an Interstate Battery store on Perrez Road in Cathedral City.  This is only about 2 miles from where I live.  I'll take my board up to them tomorrow and see if they have a battery and will install it for me.

If I'm able to get it fixed do I just put the board back in and turn on the machine?  Or what do I have to do to get the machine going again?

Thanks once again for all your help.

Don

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 11:55:10 PM »

If I'm able to get it fixed do I just put the board back in and turn on the machine?  Or what do I have to do to get the machine going again?

Well, it depends on what the machine does when you turn it back on.   yes

In my experience, some machines have simply fired right back up as if nothing ever happened.  Others will give you a 61 error, and others have given various other errors.  See what happens and report back here if you're having trouble.

This link will be helpful for you -- it has a list of common S+ error codes, along with the step(s) required to resolve them: http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »

formertexan,
When you're ready to install the MPU back in and power it up -
please don't be hesitant about posting any questions you might have.
We are here to help you get your machine up
and running the way you want it to!  yes
formertexan
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:59:36 AM »

Thanks Stayouttadabunker,

Again I really do appreciate all the help the kind people have given to me regarding my problem with my battery.  As I said earlier I will be going to Interstate Battery tomorrow and see if they will help me.  I just might be asking some more questions when I get the battery in.  All you people are GREAT.  How do I donate some money to help the forum out?

Don

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 03:33:41 AM »

Right at the bottom of each and every page you should see a yellow DONATE button .   Thank's,   every little bit helps

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
formertexan
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »

new
Hi everyone who helped me last night.

I still have problems! 
I bought a battery today at Interstate Batteries.  I'm not sure if it's the correct one.  He first started to give me one that I think had a wire on both sides.  Then he asked me again what it was for and I told him again IGT S+ and he looked on his computer and came up with the one pictured here.  He said they didn't do any wiring there.  He said they did wiring in San Bernardino, CA.  He gave me the man's name because I said I was going to Los Angeles Wednesday and Thursday of this week.  I called the man and he said he didn't do wiring either.  He said the one with the wire on it was much easier to attach.  But he wasn't allowed to do it.

So that's where I stand as of now.  Maybe the wrong battery and no one to do the wiring if it's the correct battery.

I'm attaching a picture of the original battery and the one the guy at Interstate Batteries sold me today.   

Tkanks,
Don

* IMG_3998 (Small).JPG (48.45 KB, 640x480 - viewed 369 times.)

* IMG_4001 (Small).JPG (34.44 KB, 640x480 - viewed 344 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:36 AM »

The only way to use that new battery is to pick up a battery holder that has the solder tabs now.
Solder the battery holder to the board and drop in the battery.

Here's a kink to a page from the Newark catalog...>>>

http://www.newark.com/catalog_129/index.html?page=1576

Screenshot picture of the page below...>>>

* battery holders.png (347.53 KB, 790x567 - viewed 369 times.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:16:37 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »

Here's a kink to a page from the Newark catalog...>>>

Well, if battery holders are what get the job done for you, Mark... to each their own.   rotflmao rotflmao   bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

He gave you the wrong battery. You want the one with the leads on each side, Interstate battery is a franchise deal and I guess in Cali. they don't teach customer service, but in Illinois they desolder and resolder while you wait you should do a search and see if there are anymore locations around and call them I've attached a copy of my last invoice.

* img002.jpg (538.05 KB, 2548x3298 - viewed 383 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »

Good post Bunny!
Interstate really should of had batteries with leads already soldered onto them...too bad they didn't.

formertexan, I will give you a battery if you PM your address.
I will make a short video clip of how to solder a battery onto an MPU board.
It's a piece of cake actually
and takes no skills at all.  rotflmao

All you need is a cheap soldering pen with some rosin paste flux
and a small spool of electronic circuit solder.
Some sandpaper would be good to have to clean the soldering pencil tip too!
All this can be picked up at your local Radio Shack store I'll bet, sometimes comes as a kit.

Here's a short video clip I made for you to show you how to change out a battery on an MPU board...>>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pan8k8OjIgM&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pan8k8OjIgM&rel=0</a>

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:56:23 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
bunnyslots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »

That's the reason I go to interstate cause I have less than no skills rotflmao

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »

That's the reason I go to interstate cause I have less than no skills rotflmao

Ha! I wasn't picking on ya Bunny!

Anyways, I think they sell soldering pencils as a kit with paste and soldering wire for like about $9 bucks.
Pick up a kit and some metal paper clips and try soldering a little box out of them!
If you can make a box with clips, you can do anything!
formertexan
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

Stayouttadabunker and r273,
Stayouttadabunker after I PM you I went to the E-bay page that r273 told me about in the upper messages.  I bought the one that was for sale there.  It said it was for the IGT Slot Machine.  I think that it was r273 that said whoever was selling the battery on E-Bay was a member of this forum.
I think it is the correct battery.  It has the pins coming from it.  Looks like an open paper clip coming from it.  I will try and read all the info on the solding that you  all sent to me and see if I can do it myself.

Buzz,
I was hoping the have a correct battery by tomorrow morning (Wednesday), because I am driving to Los Angeles on Wednesday morning and coming back  to Cathedral City on Thursday afternoon or evening.  I will be coming down I-10 and was going to try and come up your way.  I'm not sure how far you live North of I-10.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 07:12:41 PM »

Stayouttadabunker and r273,
Stayouttadabunker after I PM you I went to the E-bay page that r273 told me about in the upper messages.  I bought the one that was for sale there.  It said it was for the IGT Slot Machine.  I think that it was r273 that said whoever was selling the battery on E-Bay was a member of this forum.
I think it is the correct battery.  It has the pins coming from it.  Looks like an open paper clip coming from it.  I will try and read all the info on the solding that you  all sent to me and see if I can do it myself.

Buzz,
I was hoping the have a correct battery by tomorrow morning (Wednesday), because I am driving to Los Angeles on Wednesday morning and coming back  to Cathedral City on Thursday afternoon or evening.  I will be coming down I-10 and was going to try and come up your way.  I'm not sure how far you live North of I-10.

I actually think that the guy at interstate battery had the right battery in the first place where you mentioned it had wires on it, did it look like the one I attached here, the picture stolen from the internet... If it is like the one in the picture, they call those Axial Leads, and they are just as good as the batteries with Solder Tabs. I guess that it looks like not all of the interstate battery stores have soldering services. Duh! bawling hissy fit

Buzz may not see this as I think he is still on the road, if you want to PM me with your cell phone number I will try to get it to Buzz so that he can try to call you. Also he is pretty far North of I10... Look on the Map for 138 up in the desert. Duh!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

* 3_6V lithium battery axial leads.jpg (6.72 KB, 400x400 - viewed 353 times.)

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.