Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE+ COIN-IN TIMEOUT every time a coin is inserted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ COIN-IN TIMEOUT every time a coin is inserted  (Read 5032 times)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« on: June 03, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »

On my secondary MPU, it takes bills just fine and everything works except, it won't take coins.  I get a COIN-IN TIMEOUT ever time I insert a coin.  I have to open/close door to clear.

Following the thread below, I replaced both U12 and RP1, but still no accept coin.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=266.0

Any other suggestions?  I don't have to get it working because my other MPU does take coins, but it would be nice (and I like the project). propeller

:Dave
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

To be clear, the same machine and coin-in optics work fine with one MPU board, but not with the other?

I'd start by looking at the self-test input screen with the problem board to see what it's reporting for the state of the coin-in optics. Drop in a coin or use a popsicle stick to stimulate a coin going through to try and determine what isn't registering correctly, and then perhaps we can narrow it down to a component on the board.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »

Hi Kevin, yes, that's correct ... same machine and coin-in optics works great with one MPU, but not the other.

In the self-test input screen, all three ABC optics = 1.  I slid a tube cleaner into the optics and only B and C would register 0.  A remained 1.

Does that mean the A optic is not registering somewhere on the board?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 07:31:11 PM »

Well, kinda.  It means that the board is always seeing the A optic as unblocked (ie. waiting for a coin to pass by). 

On a normal, working, machine, the machine is expecting to see a coin go by and block the optics in order, first A, then B, then C.  If the optics get blocked in any other order, it will trigger a coin-in timeout as it thinks someone might be trying to defeat the optics (stringing a coin or the like).

You're getting the coin-in timeout because when you drop a coin in, the machine doesn't see the A optic as getting blocked -- the first one it sees blocked is B, and then C, and the machine is saying, "Wait a second, how can that be?"

Now we're getting into board logic, and this is where my knowledge is limited.  I would presume that there are three gates of sorts for the three optics that open and close, and that one of the gates is stuck.  I'd need to see a schematic (which I don't have handy at the moment) to see if we can determine which component controls the logic of the "A" optic, and I would strongly suspect that your problem lies there.

If I had to take an educated guess based only on the post you linked to above, it's going to be a component near U12 or RP1, as I'm guessing one of those is for either the B or C optic, and you likely changed a working component with a working component ("fixing" one of the other optics signals which wasn't broken) -- this is where a schematic would really come in handy.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »

Kevin, as usual, you're awesome! YOU ROCK!!!

I'm tracing down optic A in my schematic, but I only have a slant-top schematic.  It's showing A coming in at J1-5A, which then leads to RP1, which I replaced, and continues to U10A thru U10D.  

It's possible that is the equivalent of U4, U12, U13 and U22 on my board?  If yes, I already replaced U12, which would have been optic B (so close!).

Hey PE+ Players - would anyone have an upright PE+ schematic? Hail
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »

Hey PE+ Players - would anyone have an upright PE+ schematic? Hail

Digging through my files, this might be it -- there's six pages worth of stuff in this .pdf, I hope it's what you need.  I'm far from an expert at reading these things, so hopefully it helps you...

According to the labeling on it, it's for a 13" PE+ with Imbedded [sic] bill acceptor.  I presume that's an upright.

TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:51:51 PM »

Yep - looks like U10 or RP1 will be the likely culprit.
If its not bear in mind that IO's are multiplexed and anything stuck at a on state can cause strange behaviour for other IO's. If replacing the optocoupler does not fix the problem check out the Inputs test for any problems.

Knaql - K+ for that manual did not have that in my library.

* IGT Optics.pdf (496.64 KB - downloaded 201 times.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:57:08 PM by TZtech » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »

Knaql - K+ for that manual did not have that in my library.

K+ right back at ya -- I didn't have that .pdf you posted, either!   arrow

4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »

+1 (Karma, or whatever) to all!  I too didn't have it and it's just what I need ... page 4!  I'll see what I can break ... err ... I mean ... fix. rotflmao
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »

Tried to post full S+/PE+ repair manual where that page came form but its to big. PM me if interested.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.