Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Errors I cant clear, and keychip questions for enhanced boards
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Errors I cant clear, and keychip questions for enhanced boards  (Read 5467 times)
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »

I am working on several S2k's with this enhanced  board:

And I am encountering two daughter boards I have never worked with before.
One is this board:

A key 45 sometimes seems to get me into the menus, and sometimes not.  Is there a different key I should be using?
Basically I just need to disable the printers, and set them all to a jackpot key.  these are on 3 reel games.

The other daughter-board, I will try to get a pick of tomorrow, has an R? chip on it, and a boot chip?  Do I need a whole different keychip for these?

Also, I keep getting the "Netplex display is down" error...I am told that this is either the dreaded green battery, or a power supply problem.

I checked one of the boards and the green battery had 2.83 volts.  Isn't this enough not to cause an error?
I changed out 3 different power supplies on two different machines and still could not get past this error...
Any ideas on what to look at next?

* enhbardd1.jpg (57.2 KB, 640x382 - viewed 279 times.)

* photo.JPG (241.47 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 277 times.)

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »

The board with the legacy adapter you can use a key 31 or 45 (in your bottom picture)

You have to use different key chip on the R Board. RBK with number or something like that. I cant remember.

Most NiCd or NiMH batteries are considered discharged below 0.85 - 0.90 V per cell for the green battery since it is 3 cells that would be 2.55-2.7V
on the one that 2.83 volts plug it into a machine and let it charge and and recheck it every 3-5 hours see if it is charging by reading a higher voltage.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »

Thanks Foster, I don't understand the whole netplex display error thing, it seems so random.

RBK with number or something like that. I cant remember.

RBK chip, never heard of such a thing...anybody else wanna help me out here please?????

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »

check under keychip config2 validation if its in enhanced mode it could be causing the error also if you clear the ram it should disable the printers and then you can set hopper limit to zero clearing the ram should also bring validation mode back to standard 
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »

The 2 pic of the enhanced boards are the same . Just one has the top piggy back board mounted on top of it .With out the top plug in board there is no place to plug in your chips  I use the 45 keychip in mine

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »

"Netplek Link is Down" is not a error.  When you see it, just remove the key chip  install the base chip and the machine will go into key menu. This has nothing to do with whether you have a enhanced board or not. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18750.msg155799#msg155799

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:10 AM »

Thanks Foster, I don't understand the whole netplex display error thing, it seems so random.

RBK with number or something like that. I cant remember.

RBK chip, never heard of such a thing...anybody else wanna help me out here please?????

Here is an R Board
RBK meaning it would replace the boot chip instead of the base chip If I remember right.

* R Board.jpg (506.67 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 287 times.)

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »

"Netplek Link is Down" is not a error.

Buzz, this error message is what I am getting every time I try to boot up and run the machine,  I am used to seeing it with the keychip in place.

I am wanting t be able to get to normal ops, and most of the time this error is flashing on and off with the vfd, and thats as far as it will get..

Anybody know where I can lay my hands on a RBK key chip ??
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:35:35 AM by Magicslots » Logged

osso12

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

only time I have seen that is when a key chip is on the board... are you double sure the key chip is removed? Would not hurt to double check.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 07:32:37 PM »

I have used the key 45 on one machine and it worked another just like it and it didnt.  I have also not been able to get it to clear.  Really a pain in the U know What
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »

What clear chip are you trying to use? These boards take a bit longer for the LEDs to imdicate the clear is complete
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »

I am using 224 to clear.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »

That's the right one. How long are you waiting for it to clear?
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »

Finally got it to work after several tries correct chips, could have had a leg missing slot, couldnt really see that but always possible!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.