Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  system error / call attandant / crc mismatch errors/Urgent I want to play a game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: system error / call attandant / crc mismatch errors/Urgent I want to play a game  (Read 3406 times)
osso12
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: June 08, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »

Ok, this is an off shoot from this thread as changes were needed:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18733.0

Ok...

Double Diamond
IGT S2000
Model 96438300
SN: 1321940
MFG 12/03
SB100054
362 SG chips

Let me give you the steps... then you guys tell me what to do next as I am stumped and cannot get my game back at all.

I needed to get into  7.1.10.2 Coin-In Option:
So my tech thought I needed to key chip my machine. I did not use a clear chip. Put the key chip in, all was fine, two top ambers....
Put the stepper base SB100054 back in along with a DSV00042........ and if I remember correctly, the issue was I got a red light on on the mpu...
So I pulled the MPU and had my GF remove the SB as my eyes are not as good as hers and she in the past has changed out the chips with better luck than me....
Anyway..... when she put the stepper board back in the second time...she bent a leg on the SB100054.... No biggie... so at that point I tossed the SB100054
and decided I would order a new one. I took my SB001000, and put it in place of the SB100054 along with the game chip.
Started the machine, noticed the red light was on the MPU. Shut it down, and sure nuff she had a leg sticking out of the socket on the SB100054.
Had her pull it, then she got it right. Put the MPU back in... Testing memory please wait........................................
Then I got "ram error" pulled the MPU, keyed it one more time... Put the SB001000 back in...... same thing.... ram error... Finally I remembered the last time I got the ram error I simply turned the reset key 4 times.... At first I got a CRC mismatch error.... then I got a checksum error...all data will be lost do I want to continue.... turned the key again...
Got the "please press reset button 2-3 seconds......."................then "please close door" Got the call attendant error.........so I turned machine off, turned it back on....and shut the door.. I went through the crc prompt for at least 2 full cycles......then after the second cycle of errors I got a "system error" or "Please call attendant" error... Shut machine down, repeats to the same thing... I either get "Ram error" on boot, or I get "system Error"

NOW..... I am of course at a loss on what to do next. I do not want to clear the machine (dont even have a clear chip) unless I 110% have to.
My gut feeling with the right and correct foot steps... we can get it going without having to clear it....
I have all weekend and am willing to do a prompt by prompt on this as I would rather do that then send off for a clear chip.....
I am all ears.... the door is shut on the machine with the bottom candle flashing......"System Error" on the VFD.
 Help
osso12

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:37:14 AM »

ok.. problem solved....
eneded up going back to the SB100054 with the broken off leg.
Got my enhanced sounds now... All is good except for the credit to game option never changed......
I guess id have to clear it to be able to do that and its not worth messin with some Im good for now...both machines working with enhanced sounds... all I was looking for today....
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »

Key chip should do it, but it ain't worth an arm and a leg...or a leg and a leg or whatever...
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:16:42 AM »

STOP trying...SG362 does not support credit to game...only credit to meter  Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!  you can't change no mater what you do !!
osso12

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 01:31:38 AM »

STOP trying...SG362 does not support credit to game...only credit to meter  Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!  you can't change no mater what you do !!
Yay! He gets the golden egg... Where you been?????
lol....
Ok, good to know it won't do it...LOL!
Why is it in the PSR? You know I would ask??
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 01:39:33 AM »

Per the PSR...

Coins In Multi-Denomination - Inserted coins are directed to the credit meter.
Single Denomination – Coin handling is set in Key Chip Menu 7.1.10.2. Inserted coins can be directed to the credit meter only up to the credit limit or to the coins played meter up to the maximum bet with additional coins directed to either the player or the credit meter. If using a multi-coin, multi-line paytable, coins are always directed to the coins/credit meter.
osso12

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 01:49:34 AM »

Then why does that line read: "7.1.10.2 Coin-In Option: This submenu determines how inserted coins are handled.
COIN IN TO GAME ONLY = Directs coins to the coins played meter, up to the maximum bet; returns additional coins to the player.
COIN IN TO GAME AND CREDIT = Directs coins to the coins played meter, up to maximum bet; directs additional coins to the credit meter, up to the credit limit.
COIN IN TO CREDIT ONLY = Directs coins to the credit meter only, up to the credit limit.
NOTE: This option is only available when (1) the game is in single denomination mode and, (2) the paytable program is not a multi-line, multi-coin paytable."

I guess I am not understanding why its listed twice in the PSR saying what appears to me as a contradiction?

I am not trying to be hard headed.. the psr on my TDWC game says almost verbatim the same thing....
Coins In   Inserted coins are directed to the coins/credits played meter up to the maximum bet, and coins exceeding the maximum bet are returned to the player or applied to the credit meter only.  If using a multi-coin, multi-line paytable, coins are always directed to the coins/credits meter.
and again here:
7.1.10.2 Coin-In Option:  This submenu determines how inserted coins are handled.
COIN IN TO GAME ONLY = Directs coins to the coins played meter, up to the maximum bet; returns additional coins to the player.
COIN IN TO GAME AND CREDIT = Directs coins to the coins played meter, up to maximum bet; directs additional coins to the credit meter, up to the credit limit.
COIN IN TO CREDIT ONLY = Directs coins to the credit meter only, up to the credit limit.

So why is one machine changeable, and the other not when the PSR reads dang near the same for both games?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 01:56:11 AM by osso12 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.