Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  How to - test your hopper torsion spring
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to - test your hopper torsion spring  (Read 2943 times)
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« on: June 13, 2012, 01:28:17 AM »

How to - test your hopper torsion spring

The manual says to wind your hopper spiral torsion spring 2 turns (so I've heard).  I generally go 2 and 1/2, but it doesn't matter all that much.
There are, however some things you should bear in mind.
1. Don't overlap the spring onto itself.  Pay attention and look to see that that doesn't happen.
2. There are at least 4, (maybe 8) postions you can place the short end of your spring on the 100 tooth gear.  Use the one that best suits you.
3. Make sure your hopper board is at zero or near zero.  Manually step it up one step to lock in the spiral cam and gear. (otherwise it will turn as you wind up the spring).
4. Make sure that after you re-postion your spring, that you manually step the hopper spiral up to the maximum pay of the machine.  This is very important, because if your spring is too tight, it may start to bind when it gets wound up.  I've had machines that would lock up at about 180 coins on a 200 coin pay, and that would pretty much dump the hopper.  (good luck on getting that money back from a customer....)
Also check one of my posts on adjusting out-board wipers using the Carry Over (CO) which should be here in Electromechanicals somewhere.
I always step it to the max whenever I adjust that spring, and ALSO when I am PM-ing new equipment.
If your spring is too tight, it will dump, if it's too loose it will double step and cause short pays.
Hope this is of some help.
OldReno
frenchmarky
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »

I had roughly done the '2 turn' setting on my 873 but was having issues with it, that's when I finally figured out you do indeed need to use those 4 adjustment holes in the disc so that you are starting your two turns at the correct starting point (where the spring hooks onto the post).  Once I did that, no more issues.  Now it steps fine until about 1/4 of a disc rotation past the maximum 200-coin count, where it finally locks up and won't allow any more steps.  So yes make sure you use those four adjustment holes, people.  : )
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »

Great comment Frenchmarky
Also, be sure you have the spiral cam reset all the way back to zero, and locked in (step one step to do that), before you wind your spring.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.