Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:15:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Munsters I game getting closure m and restart
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Munsters I game getting closure m and restart  (Read 16378 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: June 15, 2012, 11:25:59 PM »

I changed out the printer paper (Ithaca) and now I am getting thus message, how do I clear this?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 11:28:18 PM »

Neither of those are error messages.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »

Well that is what is showing on the bottom of the screen. The bottom candle light is flashing fast and the printer is lit ip with retrieve ticket
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 12:06:25 AM »

It won't let you spin the reels?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »

No, it won't take a bill in, the bv light is not on either
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »

Sounds like a door optic problem maybe, because as posted above, you're not actually getting any errors. Try opening and closing the door a few times. And be sure the printer deck is pushed all the way in
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »

It is a coinless machine and the bv will not light up so therefore it will not accept money. Could it have something to do with the bill acceptor? I saw a post that said once you play a spin that the message will go away. I already swapped the bill acceptor with a known working one and still have the same results. Is there a way to get into the menu to see if the bill acceptor is installed similar to the way you would on a S2000? When I power the machine on the bill acceptor cycles as it should.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 02:11:03 AM »

I've had bill acceptors not set up rovht away, just waited an extra minute and they worked though. Try multi-cycling the machine and double check what I listed earlier
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 02:21:51 AM »

Where are the door optics on this game? All I am seeing is 2 cherry switches on the right side that the door closes on. I can have the door open and close the cherry switches and they are working properly.Printer deck is pushed all the way in as far as I can tell, wouldn't I get a printer door open error if that was the case? I have also opened and closed the door several times.
turniphead
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 45

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 02:36:46 AM »

Gamekings (IGames too) don't have door optics. Try going into the menu, with the door open press the little white button on the mpu, and find the "clear CRC" option in the bill acceptor section.
If that's not there you could have a netplex issue, especially since you were in the printer. The "restart" message indicates a power reset, did the machine reboot itself while you were putting the paper in? Possible you cooked your printer; power down and unplug your printer, power up and see if the BV is back. If so then you know the printer is the problem! Good luck!!
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 02:42:46 AM »

I believe the printer is fine, it will pull in the new tickets and they are ready to go, should the "retrieve ticket" light be on?
mah
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 29

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

I had a Similiar problem on an S2000 and after much aggravation found a broken wire on one of the three wiring harnesses going to the bill acceptor.  The bill acceptor cycled every time but would not light so it wasn't the power harness. 

I had also suspected a problem with the way I had the Multi denominations set up, i.e. .25 cent disabled but an igame may be different in that regard, I'm not sure.
turniphead

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »

basic troubleshooting procedure: machine worked until the printer was messed with so the issue is probably with the printer.  remove printer from circuit and see what happens!
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »

basic troubleshooting procedure: machine worked until the printer was messed with so the issue is probably with the printer.  remove printer from circuit and see what happens!
your right on the money game worked till you  put in tickets  that were the trouble is  head might be not closed or tickets are bad or in wrong
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »

how would the tickets be bad? Is there different types for different printers?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 10:07:06 PM »

i got some that were printed without bar on righr side, the pack was in a game i got in a load  ,lucky for me everything else was  working once i put in a new stack of tickets , when i 1st got into slots with tickets  i put them in wrong   , put them in this side up showing on top Silly Me!
turniphead

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 05:42:52 AM »

Agree with Post
 Scratch Head Scratch Head still wondering why someone listed as "Sr. Tech" isn't willing to eliminate the most likely cause of the issue. Scratch Head Scratch Head

You can unplug the printer either at the motherboard or the back of the printer. Just sliding it out and unplugging the ribbon cable isn't enough; gotta get that daughterboard out of circuit too! Do you have another printer to install to try?  You'll probably end up with a "printer disconnect error" so another printer would be handy.  Do you have any tilts listed if you go into the operator menu?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »

no tilts are listed when I go into the menu.
Mirage_Chaser

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

Where you trying to print a ticket when you needed to change the paper? I have had the printer get stuck in a cashout and cause the game to seem to freeze. The way I have cleared it in the past is a ram clear. To verify this problem go to the menu by pushing the white test switch then diagnostics>printer>print test ticket then if this is the problem then a ticket will not print and in the box on that screen it will say something like "printer test not available during cashout" if that is the case then you have a ram clear in your near future.

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 03:31:50 PM »

Well that is what is showing on the bottom of the screen. The bottom candle light is flashing fast and the printer is lit ip with retrieve ticket

the closure m & restart messages as well as your lower candle light rapid flash will all go away as soon as you play one game.  that's kinda tough to do on a coinless machine when the BV isn't working though. Duh! Tongue Out

what type of BV do you have installed?  what type of printer?  as others have mentioned i would suspect the printer as the issue since it's the last thing you were working on.  slide the printer out and inspect the ribbon cable closely; if it got pinched and shorted out then it probably cooked the printer daughter board at IC4 if memory serves. Burning Resistor  if there's no obvious damage to the cable or daughterboard i still wouldn't discount the printer as the culprit.  if you don't have another printer to try maybe it would be worth a quick keychip to disable the printer?  then you could see if your BV comes back to life without worrying about the "printer disconnect" tilt.

also the possibility was mentioned that the game is stuck trying to cashout; also a viable possibility.  a quick way to take care of this is pull your mpu and swap your static ram chips.  you wont lose any secure settings but will clear all history, credits, etc.

Now You're Techin'!!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:58 PM »

still wondering why someone listed as "Sr. Tech" isn't willing to eliminate the most likely cause of the issue.

Don't let the post-count titles fool you.  propeller

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »

What do you mean?
turniphead

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »

what does who mean?? Tongue Out rotflmao
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 12:20:29 AM »

the don't let the post-count titles fool you part.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 05:21:29 AM »

You say I can try swapping my static ram chips nan you give me more info as to where they are located, etc?

Thanks,

David
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.