Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help with a Red/White/Blue Wild IGT S+ slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with a Red/White/Blue Wild IGT S+ slot  (Read 2583 times)
icantwin
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »

Can anyone help with a problem that I have with my IGT S+ Red/White/Blue Wild slot? I am unable to get it to run. I have done the ram clear (999), removed the ram clear chip and put the SP chip back in, turned the machine on with the door open, it comes up with the 61 code, I pressed the test button 1 time and it comes up with the 61-1 code as it should, and then I closed the door and turned the reset key 1 time.....and nothing happens. the code will not change to 65-1 as it should.  I thought that  maybe it was a door optics problem, and replaced the optics, but that did nothing. Any ideas? I also tried putting in a brand new board. That did nothing also, same result.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:18 AM »

Check your key switch. You might have a wire off the switch
or the switch might be bad.

One step at a time.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:50:57 AM »

65-1 isn't the typical progression after you clear a 61-1, but that's neither here nor there...

Make sure you are closing the latch completely and that your door optics are lining up correctly.  If the optics don't line up (or if the latch isn't going all the way down), you'll never get past 61-1.

Make sure that your bill stacker door (cash can access door) is closed and latched (or that the wiring for the cash can switch is shorted together properly).  If it's not, the machine will always see the main door as open and won't clear the 61-1.

Same deal if you happen to have one of the oddball S+ machines that has a belly door switch.

As proten suggested, make sure your jackpot reset keyswitch is working properly and is properly wired.

What is the history of this machine?  Was it ever working for you, and if so, what happened to cause it to stop working?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
icantwin
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »

Thanks for all of the advice. I finally, did manage to get it going again. It was a problem with the door optics not llining up just right. I don't know how the alignment got moved, but it's all good now. Thanks again!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 04:57:18 PM »

Glad it was a simple fix.  Thanks for reporting back.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.