Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Trick to ic replacement in enhanced board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trick to ic replacement in enhanced board  (Read 7119 times)
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: June 17, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »

Is there a trick to replacing the SB chip in the enhanced board.  I am having a problem not bending the legs on the ics.
Thanks
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »

I usually take the legacy adapter board off to switch chips in the SB socket. It's a pain in the ass to get to otherwise
dhellis
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »

Is there a trick to replacing the SB chip in the enhanced board.  I am having a problem not bending the legs on the ics.
Thanks

What I do is to hold the IC sideways with one row of pins on the table and rotate it to bend all of the pins
slightly, turn the chip and do the same thing. Then I tilt the chip a bit and make sure that I have one row
lined up with the socket and then with little pressure push it back a bit so that the other row can be
inserted.

The other option is go buy an IC insertion tool. I bought this kit.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/21-3605

I am not affiliated with MCM Electronics and the tools are made of plastic which is OK for
intermittent usage.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »

I usually take the legacy adapter board off to switch chips in the SB socket. It's a pain in the ass to get to otherwise
I agree . Me, too!    Removing the legacy board takes all the hurt out of the operation  . I use a bostich staple remover to remove chips works great .

* P1010057.JPG (872.62 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 273 times.)

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »

Thanks I tried removing the board,  works ok, I watch carefully for alingment.  The next issue was the clear chip did not clear this board,  I used a clear 224, both top green lights and next two amber came on but when I put the base back it was still set to 1.00.  Did I use the wrong clear??
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »

Make sure those pins are straight with no bends, otherwise you'll surely flag one of them.  I hate it when they curl up and you can't see them not inserting....
Needle nose pliers work pretty well to straighten the bends.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 04:25:44 PM »

Thanks I tried removing the board,  works ok, I watch carefully for alingment.  The next issue was the clear chip did not clear this board,  I used a clear 224, both top green lights and next two amber came on but when I put the base back it was still set to 1.00.  Did I use the wrong clear??

did the machine not go into the keychip menu after booting with the SB back in?  you will have to change your denom in the keychip menu.  start with the accounting denom and set it to 1¢; the game denom can't be lower than the accounting denom so if you still have accounting at $1.00 then that's as low as you can go!  yes

Now You're Techin'!!!
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:15:11 PM »

It went into the key chip but the lowest denom was 1.00 which is what the game was set originally.  It did not appear to clear the original.  When I tried to go down on the denom it gave not choices just ----- where the numbers would be.  Does the enhanced game set up differently.  I should have all choices of denom available??
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »

It went into the key chip but the lowest denom was 1.00 which is what the game was set originally.  It did not appear to clear the original.  When I tried to go down on the denom it gave not choices just ----- where the numbers would be.  Does the enhanced game set up differently.  I should have all choices of denom available??

after you go through the clear procedure the first thing you want to set in keychip mode is your accounting denom.  it will display ----- until you hit the cashout or service button.  avoid the spin button as that will just revert back to the old setting.  use either cashout or service to cycle to 0.01 and press bet max.  once your accounting denom is set to 1¢ you can set your coin & player denoms as you see fit!

Now You're Techin'!!!
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »

Which clear and keychip should I use on an enhanced board?  If it would not show a lower denom could I assume that it was not clear?  This has been a really frustrating baord.  I tried to follow instructions for older s2000 board they dont exactly fit the newer board.
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »

Which clear and keychip should I use on an enhanced board?  If it would not show a lower denom could I assume that it was not clear?  This has been a really frustrating baord.  I tried to follow instructions for older s2000 board they dont exactly fit the newer board.

chips don't care what board they're in.  your SG version determines which clear and key chips you need.  the IVC00224 is correct for your SG363 and your key is Key00031; i just confirmed on the PSR.

Now You're Techin'!!!
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »

Thanks I will give it another try.  Will a key 45 work on this board or does it have to be 31 sadly that is the only one I currently have.
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »

45 will probably work as it's a newer version than the 31

Now You're Techin'!!!
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »

I cleared with 224 both green lights and both amber underneath them cam on,  put base back in closed door alarm went off immeditly.  Removed base put key in and it did not key 45 in and it did not key what next any ideas.
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 05:11:37 PM »

I cleared with 224 both green lights and both amber underneath them cam on,  put base back in closed door alarm went off immeditly.  Removed base put key in and it did not key 45 in and it did not key what next any ideas.

Scratch Head hmmm...did you get the 2 amber LED's with the key45 in?  did you key through all of the errors with the SB in before you installed the key45?  just a few thoughts that may or may not make a difference. stir the pot / get cooking

it's possible you will need the key31 instead also.  Scratch Head  maybe someone can chime in if they've used the key45 with your program mix, specifically the SG363's.  yes

Now You're Techin'!!!
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »

Unfortunately game did not have any errors was working when I tried to clear and key it.  I was wanting to make it a 25cent machine it had been a 1.00.  I did not get both amber lights when I keyed it,  just one.
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »

check out reply #11 in this discussion: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17830.0
PLUNGER BOY posted up a clear/key chip guide for S2000 home use; might be something in there that turns on a light bulb.  idea light bulb   Cheesy

Now You're Techin'!!!
kforeman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 08:34:29 PM »

Found this in one of my manuals....don't know if it'll really help much but figured it was worth a look!! yes

4.3 Key Chip Procedure
Key chips are used to perform certain machine activities that are sensitive or require higher authority than the normal technician with access to the Operator menu. The key chip is required to change machine parameters such as the denomination, pay table or selected games. Follow this procedure to use the key chip.
Note: The key chip version must be compatible with the base EPROM on the processor board being changed.

1. Verify that there are no tilts, credits available, or games in progress on the machine.
2. Use the procedure in Section 4.1 to remove the Base EPROM from the processor board and replace it with the key chip.
3. Reinstall the processor board in the machine.
4. Turn the machine power on. When the key chip has been recognized, the two amber LEDs farthest from the operator switch light and stay lit.
• If the left LED lights, but not the right, then an error occurred. Repeat the procedure to verify that the key chip is correctly installed.
• If the right LED lights, but not the left, the key chip failed because the processor board identification does not match.
• If neither LED lights, the key chip is bad.
5. Turn the machine power off and replace the key chip with the base EPROM.
6. Reinstall the processor board in the machine.
7. Turn the machine power on and the key chip menu appears on the LCD.
8. Perform the setup changes necessary and exit the key chip menu. Refer to the procedures in the Key Chip Menu section for detailed information.
Note: The key chip menu times out after approximately two minutes of inactivity.  IC Chip and Flash Memory Card Procedures GAME SOFTWARE: VISION SERIES PRODUCTS – RELEASE 9 4-8 January 15, 2003

4.4 Clear Chip Procedure
The clear chips are required to clear RAM, EEPROM or both. Use Table 4-1 to determine which clear chips are necessary to perform the clear operation desired.
Note: Clearing RAM will erase all accounting and event information from the machine. Clearing EEPROM will reset all machine and game setup parameters to defaults.  Clear chips are not available in all gaming or lottery jurisdictions.
Contact IGT or the appropriate agency to determine whether these chips are available in a particular jurisdiction.

1. Verify that there are no tilts, credits available, or games in progress on the machine.
2. Use the procedure in Section 4.1 to remove the base EPROM from the processor board and replace them with the set of clear chips (refer to Table 4-1).
3. Reinstall the processor board in the machine.
4. Turn the machine power on and watch the two rightmost, amber colored LEDs on the processor tray next to the test switch. The following table lists the memory conditions that are indicated on the LEDs.

Table 4-1.
Clear Chip Configurations
Chip Number* Description
IVC00097 Clears all RAM and all EEPROM
IVC00096 Clears all RAM
*Numbers subject to change; current as of publication date.

Table 4-2.
Processor Board LED Indicators
LED Status Memory Condition
Both OFF Program CRC is incorrect or the test is still running
Alternate flashing Both RAM tests failed
Right LED flashing 256K RAM good
GAME SOFTWARE: VISION SERIES PRODUCTS – RELEASE 9 IC Chip and Flash Memory Card Procedures January 15, 2003 4-9

5. Turn the machine power off and replace the clear chips with the base PROM.
6. Reinstall the processor board in the machine.
7. Turn the machine power on and follow instructions on the screen to clear the error messages.

Now You're Techin'!!!
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »

Thanks so much every idea is a good idea.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.