Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Triple Double Stars Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Triple Double Stars Problem  (Read 7427 times)
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

I have a tdb 2 credit game,  it is a multi denom game.  The game plays but is only set for 1 cent.  I cant change the option,  I tried a clear chip, it worked both amber lights cam on went through normal clear procedure when I closed the door I got an EEPROM failure.  The key chip wont key only the second amber comes on not both.  Any ideas would be helpful.  THANKS
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:30:19 AM »

I have a tdb 2 credit game,  it is a multi denom game.  The game plays but is only set for 1 cent.  I cant change the option,  I tried a clear chip, it worked both amber lights cam on went through normal clear procedure when I closed the door I got an EEPROM failure.  The key chip wont key only the second amber comes on not both.  Any ideas would be helpful.  THANKS

You don't close the door.

1.  Power down game and remove CPU board.

2.  Remove the STEPPER BASE chip U21 (SBXXXXXX) and install the IVC00097 clear chip.

3.  Re-install the CPU board and power game up, once the clear is performed the top two Amber LED's will be lit, this could take up to approx. 20 seconds.

4.  Power down the game and remove the IVC00097 clear chip and install the STEPPER BASE (SBXXXXXX) back into the U21 socket.

5.  Power the game up, and clear the error codes. The first error will be RAM ERROR, to clear this turn the JP reset keyswitch. The next message shows "GAME EPROM CRC MISMATCH",    again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear. The next message shows "SOME CRITICAL DATA WILL BE LOST" again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear. The next message shows the following directions "PRESS TEST BUTTON FOR 2-3 SECONDS" and then "PLEASE CLOSE DOOR"

6.  Now the game will initialize and a second error code will appear" CALL ATTENDANT", open the door and the display will show a "EEPROM ERROR". Turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear the error. The next message shows " EEPROM CRC FAILURE" again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear. The next message shows "SOME CRITICAL DATA WILL BE LOST" again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear.

7.  Now the game will initialize in game mode and the display will show "CALL ATTENDANT / MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH" this is normal and will only display this until the options have properly been set.

8.  Now power the game down and remove the CPU.

9.  Remove the STEPPER BASE chip U21 and replace will the KEY00031. Power up the game.

10.  When the keychip is complete again the top two Amber LED's will be lit, this could take up to approximately 20 seconds.

11.  Power down game and re-install the STEPPER BASE back in to U21.

12.  Power game up and the display will show [ 7 KEY CHIP CONFIG ] Use the SPIN to enter into a menu, BET MAX to recede out of a menu, CHANGE and CASH OUT to select the value.

7 KEY CHIP CONFIG
          7.1 KEY CHIP CONFIG I
          7.2   KEY CHIP CONFIG II

Refer to Options Sheet
          Once completed repeatedly press the BET MAX button to exit key chip menu and initial the game or close door.

13.  Close the door the clear the "CALL ATTENDANT / MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH" error code.

14.  Now you are ready to set the rest of options (to access the option, press the TEST button on the CPU)
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »

Really strange I place the clear in and the two amber lights go on,  I have repeated this process a couple of times appears to work.  When I follow this procedure and place the Key back in it will only lite the second amber and wont let me into the key menu.  I am ready to make this a parts machine!!
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:15:18 AM »

If you havent already done this go into keychip config and set your denom and machine type. After that your key chip should work. If it does not then we need to make shure you have the right chip for the board you are useing. If you are using the proper chip for your board then you could have a bent pin where the board plugs into the backplane or a bad board.     
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:23:18 AM »

Really strange I place the clear in and the two amber lights go on,  I have repeated this process a couple of times appears to work.  When I follow this procedure and place the Key back in it will only lite the second amber and wont let me into the key menu.  I am ready to make this a parts machine!!
Once you put the Key in and turn on the machine, wait till you see the light and shut off the machine and take out the key and put the SB back in ...then you can enter the menus.  Nothing can be done while the Key is still in. It is just that a key to open the menus, you have to put the SB back in to get to the menus.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »

I have tried to use a Key 17 and a Key 45 both dont seem to work possibly a different key?  The clear seems to work but the key still only gives me the second amber light never get both.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

Even though your game sounds like a regular S2000 title, the only way to know for sure
that you're using the right Keychip, is for you to tell us exactly what SB and SG chips you're using.
Certain Keychips work for specific chips.

It could be very well possible that your chips are designed to be for a single denomination game only.
It's also possible that the original game was changed before you got it
and the multi-denomination game was removed even though they left in the multi-denomination gear?
Who knows what was done previously...

Remember, the more you can tell us - the better we can help you.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:57:34 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »

This game did play and was still multi denom,  but the setup still thought there was a hopper and when cash out was hit it locked down the game.  The clear did take the credits off but key wont work.  I was looking at the stepper base for number there is so much tape from prior gaming commission inspection you cant see any numbers. 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:42 AM »

If you install the chips back onto the board and turn the jackpot reset key, you should be allowed to enter the accounting mode
and from there,  determine what chips are installed upon the MPU.

Have you tried both keychips? the Key00031 and the Key00045?
One of them should easily get you into the machines' menu's.
You have to reinstall the SB chip after running the key chip lights up an amber LED light.
You cannot get into the menus with just a keychip alone.
The keychip opens certain menu options but doesn't work until the SB chip is back on the MPU board.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »

I have tried a key17 and 45,  I found a site www.jjslots.com where I can get a 31 keychip.  Looks like pretty good site for keychips, clears and base chip at good price.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:37:26 AM by sbsgroup » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 12:13:31 PM »

I have tried a key17 and 45,  I found a site www.jjslots.com where I can get a 31 keychip.  Looks like pretty good site for keychips, clears and base chip at good price.

I will send you a 31 to try if you need one, before you going buying one.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »

Thank I am really not sure that is the problem,  have run out of ideas,  the mpu could be causing the problem.  I would take you up on the offer if it wasnt too much trouble.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »

Thank I am really not sure that is the problem,  have run out of ideas,  the mpu could be causing the problem.  I would take you up on the offer if it wasnt too much trouble.

No trouble at all, did you try proceeding after you got the one amber light, ie: remove the key and replace the SB and turn back on and try to get into menus...
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:24:56 AM »

Yes even though I only had one amber light I put the base chip back in and it still would not key.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:31 AM »

Yes even though I only had one amber light I put the base chip back in and it still would not key.

While you are waiting for the 31 to arrive...put the IVC00097 back in and do the clear 2,3,or 4 times then the SB and then the key17.

Have you checked battery voltages? and is the green battery removed?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 05:31:50 AM »

While you are waiting for the 31 to arrive...put the IVC00097 back in and do the clear 2,3,or 4 times then the SB and then the key17.

Tim in another thread he was working with a enhanced board, you may want to find out if this is the same board.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »

I have several machines,  this is a machine with an older board,  actually the older machines were a little easier to work with with the exception of this one.  I will try the multiple clears to be sure I have that covered.  I only have two machines that are not working, this one and a enhanced with display netplex down.  I am making progress and with the help from the folks on this board learning quite a lot!!
Thanks
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

Tim in another thread he was working with a enhanced board, you may want to find out if this is the same board.

Good point Buzz, but looks like we are OK there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.