Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:13:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Displays Net Plex Link in Down
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Displays Net Plex Link in Down  (Read 4644 times)
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: June 21, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »

Did anyone resolve what might be causing this error,  I changed power supply twice and still get error,  I changed bill acceptor and disconnected printer.  I still get no change in this game,  anyone have any ideas.

brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:39:32 AM »

Check the board below the display some times you just have to jiggle around the black and red wires if that doesn't work I would try another one. Also make shure all the plugs going into the backplane are pluged in good. You might also try different I/O cards and the MPU. If none of that helps I would start unpluging things from the backplane one at a time to track down the problem.     
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »

I'm in the same boat sbsgroup, I've tried 4 different power supplies and 3 different MPUs and still get the same error. I'm going to be going down the route of unplugging things until I figure it out so I'll let you know if I make any progress. Its happening on all 3 of my machines so I'm guessing its an SB chip issue.

I don't have the proper SB chips for my games yet so I've been using the one that I have and a backup copy of it to try to test. I'm not sure if the SB chip could cause that issue but it seems like the only thing that could at this point.

I'll let you know though if I get mine working and maybe will be able to help you or vise versa.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

I only had one out of three with this problem,  I have unplugged and plugged changed bill acceptor, etc.  I talked with someone that said an MPU change fixed his but that gets kind of expensive.  I am going to pick up more of these machines and hope it doesnt become an issue in all of them.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »

I searched "Netplex link down" and there were 2-3 very extensive threads on the issue. Were those no help?  Scratch Head

Heres on of the threads that includes a link to the another relative thread in its last post...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=1988.msg151534#msg151534

Good luck and post back if your findings are different than discussed in the past threads.

crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

I read them and they didn't help me. I don't know about the OP.

I've tried 4 different power supplies and the odds of having 4 out of 4 be bad is pretty slim I would think.
sbsgroup
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »

This seems to be a really big problem for several folks me included,  there are many people on this board that are certainly much smarter than I.  I would think there would be an absolute fix discovered by now.   I know there are lots of people looking!!
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »

there is no absolute fix for this error because there are multiple causes for it the error simply means that the display it's self is working but it isn't comunicating with the machine and it is also always harder to fix a problem when the machine cant tell you exactly what is wrong with it and if you only have one machine it makes it even harder
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.