Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Barcrest Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barcrest Question  (Read 5573 times)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »

I have a hit the top machine and the MPU4 in the top box went bad. I have already taken it apart and when I opend up the MPU4 to try to check the battery it has a very obvios burn mark on the board. I have a run for your money that is missing some parts but the MPU4 in it still looks good. The boards look the same can I just put the MPU4 from the run for your money into hit the top or is it more complicated than that or even possible.   
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:20:33 PM »

I beleive there's a daughter board on the MPU4 that'll need to be swapped also
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

Ok so I finally got a new battery for the MPU4 that I took out of the run for your money. I put the control module from the hit the top on the MPU4 from the run for your money and I am getting an error h. 04 wich means some kind of software error. After that it will boot up but it will only allow me to go threw test 1,2 then it locks up. when I played the game the machine works fine untill I hit the bonus game then it tryes to do the bonus round but it locks up half way threw. I am guessing that the software is either corrupt or mismatched. It has sp1035 ss8833 program module has sound 1&2 bcs004 slave bc0012. It's a hit the top 2cn. Oh yes and I did try putting the whole top unit into another hit the top that I have that is in good working condition with the same results then I swaped the MPU 4 and it is working fine with the control module from my working run for your money. The only thing I havent tryed is switching the chips from one control module the other.     
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »

The control units fitted into any type of MPU4 based machines are identical and interchangeable.
The functionality particular to different models of machine is determined wholly by the Program Module.
The Program Module consist of a black plastic box, about the size of a cigarette packet and with a connector at one end. The module mates into a receptical in the top cover of the MPU4 and is latched into position.
Whenever the module is inserted or removed from the MPU it is essential to disconnect the machine from the mains supply. Failure to do so is likely to result in electrical damage to both the module and the MPU4.
 PROGRAM MODULE IDENTIFICATION
A label on the side of the program module gives the following information:
i)    Machine name.
ii)    Program version number.
iii)    Program module serial number.

In addition, on initialisation of the machine after power on, the name and version number of the program are displayed on the alphanumeric display.
Are you getting this display?
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »

The first thing I did today was I made a backup set of chips from the working run for your money machine and put them in the working program module and it worked just fine. So I then put the original chips from the working program module into the hit the top program module and it did not work. So then I put the chips from the hit the top module into the working module and I got an alarm the letters A  O and the number 16 witch means bad or wrong PAL in program module. I had clear chiped the machine and it was still displaying 61 at this point but I just turned it off and replaced everything back the way it was (I was getting a little fed up at this point) in my run for your money machine and it still works fine. So I am pritty sure now that the program module is bad. I probly should have went ahead and cleared the 61 error to see if the errors would go away after the machine rebooted. Is it normal to get an error like this when you change software on a program module or is the software probly bad?     
SLOTJUNKY
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 31

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »

Ok so I finally got a new battery for the MPU4 that I took out of the run for your money. I put the control module from the hit the top on the MPU4 from the run for your money and I am getting an error h. 04 wich means some kind of software error. After that it will boot up but it will only allow me to go threw test 1,2 then it locks up. when I played the game the machine works fine untill I hit the bonus game then it tryes to do the bonus round but it locks up half way threw. I am guessing that the software is either corrupt or mismatched. It has sp1035 ss8833 program module has sound 1&2 bcs004 slave bc0012. It's a hit the top 2cn. Oh yes and I did try putting the whole top unit into another hit the top that I have that is in good working condition with the same results then I swaped the MPU 4 and it is working fine with the control module from my working run for your money. The only thing I havent tryed is switching the chips from one control module the other.     

Hi would you have the error codes for a barcrest as i am getting error codes .my name is scott and my number is 407-699-7075
thetintstore@aol.com
i really can use some help .i had them in storage and my top dollar and fun for your money is out with errors
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:51:09 PM »

SELF TEST ALARMS
Each time the MPU4 is initialised it automatically tests several aspects of its own hardware. If an error is detected then one of the following messages will be displayed:
PIA HARD TST ALM    P.I.A. test failure. (Peripheral interface adapter).
PTM HARD TST ALM    P.T.M. test failure. (Programmable timer module).
RAM HARD TST ALM    R.A.M. test failure. (Random access memory).
NO IRQ PULS ALM    I.R.Q. not running. (Interrupt request).
BAD IRQ PULS ALM    I.R.Q. out of spec.
NO DATAPORT COMM    Datapak not fitted or disconnected.

In the event of one of the above conditions being displayed, switch the machine off and on. If the alarm persists, replace the MPU4. Be sure to clearly identify the problem on returning the unit to Barcrest Service department.
While the machine is operating it checks the operation of the multiplex which can result in the following alarms:

MUX DRIVES ALM    Multiplex row transistor shorted.
MUX SELECTS ALM    Multiplex col transistor shorted.
MUX SELECT A ALM    Multiplex col transistor shorted.
MUX SELECT B ALM    Multiplex col transistor shorted.

CHECKSUM ALARMS
Each time the MPU4 is initialised it automatically checks the proms and characteriser contained within the program
module. If a discrepancy is detected then one of the following messages is displayed on the alphanumeric display:

P1 CHECKSUM ALM    EPROM 1 checksum error.
P2 CHECKSUM ALM    EPROM 2 checksum error.
P3 CHECKSUM ALM    EPROM 3 checksum error.
P4 CHECKSUM ALM    EPROM 4 checksum error.
BAD CHARACTR ALM    Characteriser error.

All the above messages indicate a problem in the program module which will require to be replaced with a similar unit.

REEL ALARMS
See section 2.3.9.
12V METER ALARMS
The drive circuitry for the electro-mechanical meters is equipped with a current sensing facility which can detect if a meter is being correctly driven. If a problem is detected the alarm mode is entered and one of the following messages is displayed.

METER SENSE ALM    Current being sensed when no meters are being driven.
XXXXXXX MET ALM    No current being sensed when a specific meter is being driven.
            (XXXXXXX will read a specific meter e.g. CASH IN).
COIN ALARMS
The MPU4 monitors signals from the coin mechs and will enter the alarm mode under certain error conditions:
XXX COIN SW ALM    The input signal for a specific coin (XXX) is held closed or has been held closed
            for a period greater than 640mS.
XXX LOCKED ALM    An input signal for a specific coin (XXX) has been received when inhibited (locked out).            (XXX would indicate for example 10P or 20P etc.)
BAD COIN ALM       This coin is not valid for this machine.

These alarm conditions indicate a problem with the coin mechanism, for example a coin switch jammed closed.
SLOTJUNKY

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »

the readout on the top dollar led display is e07 then after a long time it changes to c01
on the game itself the igt readout on the s plus is error code 21 and the lights on the barcrest is not coming on.
on the run for the money when i bought it there was a newer power supply and the plug on the top right side of the mpu red section had a differant size plug and i might of plugged it in one pin up or down as there is a one pin difference in size.
the game worked after i put in a differant mpu 4 in with a new battery but when it landed on the game cycle it locked up and that game will not play. i looked at my other barcrest games and the plug on the others are all the same size and working OK. i will look at that game after i work on the top dollar since the run for your money is part mpu 4 and power supply from a 5. i will at least power it on and see what it is doing now as i had them in storage for a while. after Monday i won't be by a computer for a while till months end. i also will check the battery voltage on the mpu 4 on the top dollar first since it has not been changed in a long time.
thank you for the info so far as it gave me some ideas.
best regards and thank you,
Scott
SLOTJUNKY

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 01:50:20 AM »

ONE PROBLEM SOLVED ON TOP DOLLAR .i just need to know the set chip number and who has it. i also need a BARCREST MPU4  and thank you as it just needs programing now 16 meg board anyone know the program instructions for a sp1264 game chip to set it up otherwise that game works. now spin till you win as i said battery rotted board need another mpu4.
scott Clap
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.