Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Jukeboxs
| | |-+  new to me rockola 426
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new to me rockola 426  (Read 4038 times)
poof
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »

Just picked up this rockola 426.  It all lights up, must be set for free play, make a selection, and the selector on the right moves around, but the left side, with the records does nothing.  Any ideas or past experience that would point me in the right direction?
Thanks do much
poof
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »

Progress...after further review, there waqs 1 bad fuse, replaced, now turntable moves.  Maybe the sector mech is frozen up?
poof
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »

progress??...Now with all fuses intact, the record player turns, and there was a hum like something was stuck.  I found that the front motor wanted to spin in the operate mose, or in select mode, and that the rear motor didnt want to spin at all.....the opposite of what it seems they should do.  I removed both motors.  The selector shaft...with the records is free and i have lubed and moved it.  The other mechanism that grabs the record and flips it onto the player seems free, but i can not get it to move throughout its movement, there look to be a few cogs that are controlled by other mechs, but cant seem to get it to cylcle by hand with the motor disconnected.

It seems that some how the front motor is on when the back motor should be....the wires from the motors do not interchange...they both go to power distribution box.  Everything inside looks correct, nothing looks to be hacked up at all...looks all stock.

Any ideas?
poof
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

Well, after some disassembly, lube reassembly and just playing around with stuff..................it works mechanically perfect!

The sound quality is questionable...it came with a few needles from poor to ok, so i have a new one coming.....record quality makes a big difference, still seems very muffled and holding back, sometimes crackleing from volume control...may try contact cleaner.

Anybody have any tips ideas?
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »

Buy a cap kit for the amplifier and have at it!

Also, some quality contact cleaner will help the audio control pot.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
poof
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »

Mission complete!

I cleaned the volume control with contact cleaner.  I called bill at friday night jukebox, got the sad news that a cap kit was not offered, because of the complex layout of the amp. 
The amp could be rebuilt for 225.00.  I thought it may be time to part ways...back to craigs list for you.  I decided to go throught the manual again and give it a once over before cl.  One of the small wires to the stylus cartrige was disconnected!...Must have came loose during mechanical teardown.  All in all it works fine and has been moved from the garage to the future gameroom.  Total outlay....161.00.  not bad.  I guess this is why it support always starts with......check to see if it is plugged in!   

Thanks all!!! wave applause wave applause wave applause wave
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.