Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Double Diamod Deluxe no display
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Double Diamod Deluxe no display  (Read 9905 times)
davedude95
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »

Who ever replaced the harness left the old one in there, I have it and it is not burnt so I was curious why it was replaced also. I plugged the old one back in and have the same results.. The previous owner said that before he moved it from his sons home to his that it would work but would only spiin a couple times before needing a key reset.. I did not get to see it in this condition only after it had been moved. all voltages seem to check out coming from power supply. Do you think it would be a waste of $$ if I just buy a couple boards and replace them as part of an elimination process? As of right now I'm about 125.00 ahead on this machine, as I only had 75.00 in the sigma that I took this machine in on a trade in for..
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »

It is never a bad idea to have spare parts.  I would recommend that you have at least a spare MPU board on hand.  After you get your machine up and running, you may also want to consider purchasing a Set and Clear chip for your S Plus as well.
The Set chip will allow you to activate your bill validator and set the machines denomination after changing the game EPROM. The Clear chip is used to clear all of the machines previous accounting records and reset the machines settings back to factory defaults.

Since the Old harness was not burnt, I would guess that perhaps the previous owner replaced it in an attempt to correct the original problem of requiring a reset after a few spins.
I would also keep the ORIGINAL harness in place, unless you can be absolutely sure that the new harness is wired correctly.  My fear would be that IF the new harness was wired wrong, it may have caused additional damage to the MPU board.
If you get a good MPU board, you would not want to have the wrong power harness in place.   
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

One more thing to check ... I cannot make out in your picture what PROM's you have.  Your SP-xxxx PROM Should be in the GAME PROM socket and the SS-xxxx PROM should be in the REEL PROM socket.
Also both should have the notch facing down towards the motherboard edge connectors.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.