Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT video Tabasco machine
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT video Tabasco machine  (Read 13971 times)
canninrm
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »

Hello all, hope you're staying cool.  My wife bought a IGT video "Tobasco" machine and I don't know anything about it.  So when she fired it up there is an error code that says "MSVERIFY: COMM ERROR.  I don't know too much if anything about the machines but if anyone can help I would appreciate it. thanks! bob
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »

Is this a 3 mechanical reel with video bonus round or straight video machine. We need to know, but I'd start by checking memory battery(s) either way
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »

Most likely the Comm Error is the machine looking for the backend system.
Depending on platform it will need to key chiped and set back up as Standard Validation.

Please Post Pictures

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
canninrm
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »

Well it has five mechanical reels and bonus video.  I had a man come out and replace the battery about 2 months ago when it wasn't working but he lives an hour from here and it cost 190 for his service.  I'm not sure what a "key chiped" is or how to set to standard validation. 
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:34:36 AM »

All I can say is you're one lucky guy if your wife went out and bought this game.  Most of us have to talk our wives into it!  Smiley

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:58:55 AM »

Comm error has nothing to do with validation (that would be primary SAS down error)

Most likely means the MPU is not communicating with the reel touch computer in the top box

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 01:32:51 AM »

Your machine is part of IGT's Reel Touch platform. In the top box there is a computer behind the video display with a board similar to a PC motherboard. It also has a battery just like your home computer. If it's low and you change it you may need a keyboard plugged into that computer to initialze it. Checking the battery only requires a voltmeter. If it's the origional battery and the game sits turned off for periods of time it could easily be low and trigger this problem, though there are other potential causes also, but this would be my first guess
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:18 AM »

Well it has five mechanical reels and bonus video.  I had a man come out and replace the battery about 2 months ago when it wasn't working but he lives an hour from here and it cost 190 for his service.  I'm not sure what a "key chiped" is or how to set to standard validation. 
nice 190 to replace a battery
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »

yea, that's outragous.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:44 PM »

Next time we need service  we must call him please post his info
canninrm
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »

Well first of all "THANKS" to all that have email a reply.  Yea pretty lucky that she bought the game but I know practically nothing about fixing it.  So....I guess my first question is how to take off the video display, do I need to take off the reels. I don't see screws anywhere.  And what would be the volt reading that would tell me if the battery is okay.  Not sure if this is allowed but I live in Indiana and would call someone if they leave a phone number.  thanks again! bob
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »

Can you take a quick picture of the outside and one of the inside and post them on here? Pictures can help everyone know what they are troubleshooting and should help them be able to get your machine back up and running. There are a ton of great people on here so with a little patience and some elbow grease, you'll have a working machine again before you know it.

The more you tell the group, the better the group can help.
Please Post Pictures
canninrm
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

I'm so sorry about not having a picture. I have a camera, and took the pics. but every time I tried to send them to the computer it shuts down.  Looks like I need to fix this too. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the video box out so I can get into the battery on the top.  If there's anyone in the area I would definitely pay to have them fix it and give me a tutorial on the machine.  One of the issues is the video wants me to "del" and then something else but I can't figure out how to get the screen to let me do this. The man who fixed it the last time was able to touch the video screen and run through the commands.  yiks! bob
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »

As I stated earlier, you may need a usb keyboard to initiate your top box computer if the cmos battery has gotten low enough. Once you remove the top glass the display and cpu can be swung out. There is a release on the left side of the assembly and it is hinged on the right side. Once you get it swung out it is a simple process to remove the screws that hold the back cover onto the cpu. Once inside you'll find it looks just like the inside of a normal computer and you can check your cmos battery voltage.

I'm sorry, I need to correct myself. Once you get the assembly to swing out there should be I beleive 5 screws that hold the back panel shut. These will be on the right side and it will be hinged on the left. Make sure not to do this with the machine turned on
canninrm
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 01:25:05 PM »

my first problem is how to remove the top glass, there seems to be no screws to take it off and when I do I really don't have a key board, just a lap top......boy am i in deep"s..."
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »

When you open the main door you'll notice a cover plate just below the top glass and above the top edge of the door. This removes by pulling out from the bootom of the panel and then the glass removes by lifting it from the bottom edge and pulling out while lowering it to release it from the top retaining edge of the top box. Be very careful not to drop it. Keyboards aren't antiques and thus not scarce. You can beg, borrow or steal one for the 10 minutes you might need it.

Of course if you're not comfortable with any of this, post your location so a member close to you can respond with an offer of a service call.
canninrm
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »

I need my machine serviced and live near Moores Hill Indiana 47032. 
canninrm
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »

okay, got the glass out and released the CPU.  It looks like a battery toward the back of the unit but u mentioned that the cpu is the part that swung out and the battery is within it. So I took off the three screws toward the front and tried to open this backing plate but it wouldn't budge. I noticed that there is a hinge on this plate so it should open. I took off the two screws on the other side of the hinge but that didn't help either. Am I doing everything right and is the batter behind this plate?  thanks for everything. bob
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »

There are screws in two different places on the right side. the edges of that door are offset by a couple inches and each offset has it's own screws so there are like 5 total on that side
canninrm
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

Cowboy, i've been sick for the last couple of days and haven't been able to get back to you.  I did take the five screws out, two on the left side of the hinge and three toward the front.  But even using a knife I haven't been able to budge it. Am I going to break it if I keep this up?  I also would consider paying someone to service, do I post the address on your reply?  I'm sorry for all the bother but don't seem to be getting anywhere.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »

there are 2 more screws to remove 1 top 1 below 3 screws u are trying to get in to the comp on reel touch right?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »

You shouldn't have to force it and you will break something. I'll look when I get home this evening and post back. DO NOT post your address on the open forum. Wait till someone asks and then do it through PMs
canninrm
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »

yea, I am trying to get into the CPU that is behind the video screen, I checked the top and bottom, but will do it again, you've been a great help, talk to you later.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »

there 3 round head screws and 2 flat head on top and buttom
canninrm
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 04:57:15 PM »

cowboy,  I found the flat head screws and opened the cpu....hooray, i dumb i guess.  So I have a tester that has the following options: DCV, ACV an icon that looks like audio headphones, a radio signal, and what looks like a doll without a head.... I took the battery out so do you test by placing the needles on the front and back of the battery? and which option should I be testing the ACV?  Also where is the plug in for the key board? Lot of questions....I know you are at work so don't knock yourself out or get fired...wait till you have time tonight. thanks again, a lot. bob
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.