Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  mikohn cham 2 question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mikohn cham 2 question  (Read 5196 times)
howie
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

does the cham 2 + progressive work with windows xp 32 bit . i have the psp software in the laptop now new
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:06:23 AM by howie » Logged

mach 1
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:10:29 AM »

does the cham 2 + progressive work with windows xp 32 bit . i have the psp software in the laptop now new

If your question is "Does PSP work with XP32" the answer is yes..You just have to make the correct cable to connect it to your computer DB9 serial port. If you have a newer computer that does not have a serial DB9 port you have to get an adapter cable and that is where all the new questions come in to play...
howie

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

the windows xp 32  does not have a serial port, it has usb, so i have to get a usb to serial cable, and short pins 1 and 5. will the psp still work with the usb to serial port cable. new
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:09:53 PM by howie » Logged

mach 1
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:00:07 AM »

People have had very mixed results with USB to Serial converters.  Some have reported that they work, others have reported that they couldn't get it to work.

Personally, I keep an old laptop with Windows XP and a real serial port on it around for the specific purpose of programming Mikohn displays.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »

Today I hooked up to laptop without serial port. I used usb to serial. I'm running XP. Got error when tried to run it.
My boy stopped in & in 2 min. he had it taken care of. Problem was security update ending in 5111. Deleted that update & it worked.
Ford

PS While we're talking about this. I don't have frame for around display. What works to fasten it?
I tried 2 way 1/4 inch roam tape & that comes lose after about an hour from the heat.
Don't want to hijack site.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 12:04:14 AM »

if you are attaching to glass I would make a frame
The frame stock size is 3/8" by 1/4" you might have to get 3/8" square stock and shave or plane the stock
or get 1/4" and use double sided tape that is 1/8" to attach it to the board
the 3/8" is the approximate height of the LED modules on the board.
Try using the 3M automotive tape or 3M VHB

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:09:51 AM »

if you are attaching to glass I would make a frame
The frame stock size is 3/8" by 1/4" you might have to get 3/8" square stock and shave or plane the stock
or get 1/4" and use double sided tape that is 1/8" to attach it to the board
the 3/8" is the approximate height of the LED modules on the board.

Thanks Foster. If I take wood & make that size will 2 way tape hold it on glass?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »

It should but depends on the tape you use.
that is why I suggested the automotive tape or VHB
just be sure the graphics will hide most if not all of the frame and tape.
if you have some of the 3M double sided tape for the reel strips that might work as well.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:31 AM »

Thanks. Now I have a new project to add to list
McCackie
such-is-life

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 09:38:29 PM »

Said elsewhere, when using a USB <> RS232 dongle override the setup in the XP,  Control Panel /  SYSTEM / Devices Manager and force the address to COM1 or COM2.  Often it will setup to COM13 or something silly.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 12:00:39 PM »

Off Topic

fyi ... I made a frame for my Mikohn CHAMII+ Display from wood using 1/4" x 36" piece square dial from Home Depot, which is actually slightly smaller than 1/4" and fits perfect under the green PCB of the display.  I made the frame a little tight so the display would snugly fit (that was partially by accident because the wood was slightly warped).  Glued it to the glass with aquarium glue around the edges making sure not to go outside the black outline on the glass so the glue didn't show through the glass (a little shows, but hardly noticeable).  Using your finger to smear it real flat helps too.  Then, I used electrical tape as a backup to hold the Display in place against the wood.  Worked great!
McCackie
such-is-life

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 10:17:29 PM »

We stopped using frames years ago,  they cost more than the display.  Stick the panel on with "3M VHB"  tape,  a Totally clear,  gel type material.  I garrantee it will remain transperent for at least 10 years.  We sent signs to Mikohn Europe and a year later they were asking where to get the tape.  Surround the edge of the panel on the outside with a black edging of some type,  vinyl cut by a computer gives a good reliable result,  tape if one off (make sure it is not stretched or it will peel),  if there is a lot of light then also black weather strip inside.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.