Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT PE: Where to find manual, How to change Bkgrnd, Take Out Of Credit MOde?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT PE: Where to find manual, How to change Bkgrnd, Take Out Of Credit MOde?  (Read 6469 times)
ChicagoLandTech
« on: July 20, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

Back in the 70's I used to fix mechanical slot machines which did not require much guidance....

However, now I am faced with an IGT Player's Edge Deuces Wild Machine and cannot figure out how to clear the "Hopper Empty" Error.  My guess is a 3 second reset?  In any case, would also like to change background (Its Pink Now, how did that happen?  =)  ) as well as get the machine out of credit mode so I can test the hopper....

I guess, what it comes down to, is that I need some advice or, better yet, find a manual for this machine...

Any guidance to solution(s) or, even better, what is the correct manual for this machine and where can I download... or best place to purchase....

Here's my specs on Machine:  IGT Poker PE, Deuces Wild Model 10700

Many thanks!
videoporker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:15 PM »

I assume there are plenty of coins in the hopper?? If not maybe put some in and hopefully it will finish the payout that was interrupted.
Then cash out all credits and you'll be able to use the white "test" button to go through ALL the options and change the background color and test hopper stuff. I think credit mode is set with the dip switches on the mainboard anyway. Only on the NON PLUS models.
I also have a PE Deuces Wild NON PLUS and can dig up a PDF of the manual and schematics for you.
I don't know how to submit a file here anymore though.
If you have a PE+ then I don't know much about them newfangled contraptions, but there are plenty of friendly experts here that can help.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »

Hi ChicagoLand!
 NLG Welcome

VideoPorker is right ... you actually have to fill the hopper and wait for it to finish pumping out coins.
You may have to rotate the coins through a couple of times (depending on how many coins you have and how many the machine is trying to return), but eventually, the hopper will complete its full payout and the error should go away.

The only other way is a chip to clear it, but that should only be a last resort.

Then, as VideoPorker stated, with no credits left on the machine, you can press the White Test button (not need to hold it for 3 seconds ... just press it) to go through the menus until you come to the screen color option.  From there, the most common setting is 2, 0, 0 for blue background (if I remember correctly).  There's also a screen that shows you a color chart.  No jumper will make it credit only.  That's also a menu option (it will say CREDIT OR NON-CREDIT).  Set it to CREDIT and coins will accumulate instead of payout.  You also have to set the HOPPER SIZE to something like 3,999 for quarters and 9,999 for nickels.  This will allow you to build up to 3,999 or 9,999 credits before the machine will start spitting out quarters again.  Any win higher than 3,999 (e.g., Royal Flush) will prompt for a manual payout and play the music!

As for a manual, there are several manuals for the machine.  Often times, just posting your question gets you what you need as opposed to trying to read through the manual.  Nevertheless, I do have some at my home PC (at work right now ... I know ... get back to work).  I'll post when I get home.

Good luck and have fun!  And welcome!
videoporker

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »

If it's a PE (NON PLUS+) like my 1070C, you set the credit or non credit and hopper size on a dip switch on the single motherboard behind the hopper.
There's also an option for double up if your game supports that.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »

Oops! Sorry, missed that!  I should have read closer.  You're right ... ChicagoLand did say it was a Player's Edge, not a Plus.  Duh!

I don't have any non-plus manuals.  :-(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:34:40 PM by Vegas Local » Logged
videoporker

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »

Not many of the regular PE machines around anymore, I think they only made them for a very short span before the PE+.

I assume from the model number that Chicagolands is a non plus, but I'd have to see a picture of it's innards or get some more information to ID it. Please Post Pictures

I have the PE manuals if anyone needs them.

* Condo 001.jpg (119.12 KB, 640x480 - viewed 540 times.)
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »

dip switch settings PE Poker
 sw 1 50HZ on 60HZ off
sw2  credit play on  non credit off
sw3 coin acceptor   optical on  mechanical off
sw4  double up on
sw5 progressive   on
sw 6 and 7 maximum hopper pay   300 off off    400 off on   600 on off   1000on on
sw 8 paytalble   on screen  on     off screen off

model # as I remember it     10 PE  70 Draw poker C credit = 1070c
71=Joker Poker
73= Deuces  Wild
B= non credit

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »

maybe this is better

* IMG00020.jpg (374.72 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 916 times.)

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.