Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Found On E-Bay--A** Buyer...Seller beware !!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Found On E-Bay--A** Buyer...Seller beware !!  (Read 13048 times)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« on: July 22, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »

This probably should be in the rants and raves section, But I found it on E-bay  Crazy. So moderator feel free to move/remove if you see fit.

From time to time we all find that one A**hole buyer you wish you could just go punch in the nose for being such a jerk for no reason at all  hissy fit hissy fit

First let me start with the fact that I am in the customer service business all day long at my real job and I do a very good job at it, And I deal with old Cadillac owners that are very set in their ways and very demanding. That said I have a 99 out of a 100 CSI score for over 2 years (Customer Satisfaction Index). I know how to deal with customers and their demands or simple expectations.

I recently sold an item on e-bay, simple item that inclued instructions on its use. Not that you needed them, but they were to be included. I forgot to include them  Silly Me!
Mistakes happen and when they do you take care of them ASAP!. Now did this buyer call me, text me or e-mail me that the instructions were missing? NO!  no

What is the best thing to do in this situation Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Lets report the item as not as described, open a paypal/e-bay case. Tie up my funds until resolved and make me answer the case and waste all this time and resourses Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

When...jee I could just send him an e-mail stating "you forgot the instructions" to which i would have responded "Sorry, here they are" and attached a file including them...

WHAT A JERK !!!!!!

I have no tolerance for jerks like this. Why start a big issue over a very simple item. Instructions or anything..missing, contact the buyer and tell them. they will most likley fix it right away. Opening a Paypal case is not going to do anything any faster no no Just piss people off.

Now on the other hand..If you did contact the seller and did not get an answer or satisfaction ...then this is the correct action. But not the FIRST action to be taken..

At this point I know this is an item the buyer really wanted,,After this action I was ready to have the item returned for a full refund without sending the instructions, just so he never got one and would think about his actions when he never found another one and I refused to sell to him again...But I did not stoop that low.

Instead I posted this... Fellow sellers here beware of the following jerk "Found On E-Bay" and handle with care wave

name:removed by me
Email:removed by me
Ebay:removed by me

*** Moderator, if I am out of line please feel free to remove***
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:39:56 AM by coorslight115 » Logged
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:57:12 PM »

Very interesting, what user name are you selling under............... JJSLOTS?
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:35:44 PM »

I would say so.  yes
Items listed for sale are the same city.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »

Sorry to hear that Coors.  It only takes one to make it miserable.   frying pan  Hang in there man!   Duck!  Duck and this too will pass.

Have a Coors Light on this lazy Sunday.  :Dave
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:20:44 AM »

No...for the last time...I do know him and he lives in the same area as me....does that make me guilty by association ???I guess so !!  And what is he doing that the rest of you hipocrites arn't doing under a different name??? You all are selling stuff you are not supposed to and just because you are an elite member her does not make it any more legal. I am for the last time NOT JJSLOTS!!!....and if I was, what  makes it OK for a dickhead to try and screw me over on a sale...you premadonas need a reality check...this is a fourm of real people not GODS even though you may look at your self as such. maybe I need to have JJSLOTS give me the list of all you GODS that have supported him in sales over the past few years, you would be surprised how many elite members here are regular customers and order from him all the time....I was SHOCKED! when he shared the info with me...Maybe I should post it to get on the same level as the rest of you up in the clouds where gods reside !!!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »

Sorry to hear that Coors.  It only takes one to make it miserable.   frying pan  Hang in there man!   Duck!  Duck and this too will pass.

Have a Coors Light on this lazy Sunday.  :Dave

Thanks Vegas... Issue was over before it even started as I sent the missing instructions the minute I knew there was a problem. Case was closed by buyer. Unlike jerks here that want to make something out of nothing...this case is resolved. I removed the persons info as they reailized their mistakes. Some of us still need to learn here...
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:11:26 AM »

And Idesign...I just want to know your thinking...If it was JJLOTS selling this product in all good faith on E-bay as do others of this site...why do you think it is OK for a customer to try and rip him or her off or falsely report a misrepresented product when a simple solution was available?? IE: E-mail the missing instructions?? Why make a case out of it??
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 01:12:11 AM »

you get all kinds on ebay!!! i remember last year i sold a pare of $300 gucci sneakers on ebay and after the buyer recieved them tried saying that he didnt like them after he wore them a few times....... and asked for his money back and tried making a  case with ebay......what saved me was i stated NO RETURNS ALL SALES ARE FINAL..... like i would take back brand new sneakers after his smelly feet wore them...... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »

I would say so.  yes
Items listed for sale are the same city.

What city are you from Neon??? Make sure I do not buy from that city...you must all be hipocrites if you live in that city !!  There is about 30,000 in my area code...If I am the only one with a slot....shame on me...I missed 29,999 customers !!!!
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »

As a outsider looking in--I would just suggest to "cool your jets".  Lots more impotantant things in life to get worked up over than this.  If you feel you have done correct on the issue then that's all that matters.  I know it probably helped to "vent".  Just my 2-cents-B.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »

you get all kinds on ebay!!! i remember last year i sold a pare of $300 gucci sneakers on ebay and after the buyer recieved them tried saying that he didnt like them after he wore them a few times....... and asked for his money back and tried making a  case with ebay......what saved me was i stated NO RETURNS ALL SALES ARE FINAL..... like i would take back brand new sneakers after his smelly feet wore them...... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I buy and sell on Ebay all day long..I respect the buyer and the seller in all my transactions. You read what you get and that is what you expect to get. I go over board at pleasing my customers, that is why when one does not give me the chance to correct something, I get upset. Always communicate with the seller first if there is a problem and more than likley it will get handled at once.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »

As a outsider looking in--I would just suggest to "cool your jets".  Lots more impotantant things in life to get worked up over than this.  If you feel you have done correct on the issue then that's all that matters.  I know it probably helped to "vent".  Just my 2-cents-B.

I am done venting....Thanks....sorry for the steam!!!
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 01:27:27 AM »

Just to play devils advocate for a minute, I think the e-bay system is a little flawed. When you have a problem like this (let's say a missing item or whatever), there are only a few options to select from when you want to contact the seller after the auction is over. One of them is "item not as described" which is technically the correct selection. The problem is that I think by selecting that option, it automatically opens a case even if you don't really want to do that yet. Or at least it guides you to do so. Selecting "other" would work better, but a newer buyer may not know that.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:28 AM »

Just to play devils advocate for a minute, I think the e-bay system is a little flawed. When you have a problem like this (let's say a missing item or whatever), there are only a few options to select from when you want to contact the seller after the auction is over. One of them is "item not as described" which is technically the correct selection. The problem is that I think by selecting that option, it automatically opens a case even if you don't really want to do that yet. Or at least it guides you to do so. Selecting "other" would work better, but a newer buyer may not know that.

contact seller is easy to do

open a case requires additional action and many more steps
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 01:35:44 AM »

Yes, but selecting "item not as described" guides you in that direction. The only other option that would be applicable is "other". The contact seller choices are different after an auction ends than before it's over.

I'm just saying that for a novice user, it would not be that difficult to open a case without really knowing the ramifications to the seller.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 08:30:20 AM »

Yes, but selecting "item not as described" guides you in that direction. The only other option that would be applicable is "other". The contact seller choices are different after an auction ends than before it's over.

I'm just saying that for a novice user, it would not be that difficult to open a case without really knowing the ramifications to the seller.

You are correct Poppo, but contact seller is a better choice..
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »

Gosh, all I did was ask what user name you used to sell whatever it is you were selling.  You provided the user name of the individual and their email address.  A simple advanced search on the buyer's username on ebay comes up with the following:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=lkplkplkp&completed=1&all=1&rows=50&sort=3&_rdc=1

Didn't see JODEL as one of the sellers but several JJSLOTS

I could give rats ass if you are selling under JJSLOTS.  You voiced your rant here and all I asked was what user name as I was more curious as to what you were selling, since you didn't mention it,  to have you go off on a tirade about a buyer.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:27 PM »

All I can say is WOW.
Didn't mean to open up this can or is it something else?
Tim, all I was trying to say is that seller is from the same city that I have bought and sold parts to you from.
I guess it was my assumption that, JJ Slots was your ebay name  for parts sales. I’m not sure why you're so defensive if I mistook that ebay seller for you.
I guess that's why I use the same name here and on ebay. That way everyone knows who you're dealing with.
Nothing wrong with selling parts either on ebay or through the white pages here.

Sorry if selling parts offends anyone. In fact I just got a large truck load of parts myself and will be posting them here in the WTS section as well as ebay and then an on-line web page.

No, no one needs bad feedback or deserves it from any simple missunderstanding. And you’re right, customer service is everything…..
I have had bad customer service so I know what it is and how it feels and don't run business in that fashion. Slot parts and sales is a very tight nit group of people and everyone knows everyone.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:37:22 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
stormrider
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 07:55:49 PM »

No...for the last time...I do know him and he lives in the same area as me....does that make me guilty by association ???I guess so !!  And what is he doing that the rest of you hipocrites arn't doing under a different name??? You all are selling stuff you are not supposed to and just because you are an elite member her does not make it any more legal. I am for the last time NOT JJSLOTS!!!....and if I was, what  makes it OK for a dickhead to try and screw me over on a sale...you premadonas need a reality check...this is a fourm of real people not GODS even though you may look at your self as such. maybe I need to have JJSLOTS give me the list of all you GODS that have supported him in sales over the past few years, you would be surprised how many elite members here are regular customers and order from him all the time....I was SHOCKED! when he shared the info with me...Maybe I should post it to get on the same level as the rest of you up in the clouds where gods reside !!!

I think you have a lot of balls to make this post.
What he (jjslots) is doing that the rest here (hypocrites) are not !!!!
is selling copyright chips with fake IGT labels claiming to be a
Slot tech for 20 years when the fact is He bought a GQ-4X a year ago.
Maybe you should stop crying cause some noob bought a keychip
and didn't know how to use it,What do you expect ?

I guess some people can't be happy to learn things here
but rather take that and turn it into making a buck on eBay.
Makes me sick and them the FACTS !!!!
Ed_milehi
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 114

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 01:14:20 PM »

And Idesign...I just want to know your thinking...If it was JJLOTS selling this product in all good faith on E-bay as do others of this site...why do you think it is OK for a customer to try and rip him or her off or falsely report a misrepresented product when a simple solution was available?? IE: E-mail the missing instructions?? Why make a case out of it??
It's always someone else that's the dickhead.  I can't speak to your other dealings but from what I've read the complaints seem to be your MO.   I can personally say you were quick and responsive to negotiate a deal for my EEPROM eraser.  Once I sent you the eraser  I got a few excuses as to why you hadn't sent your end of the bargain and it would be in the mail the following week.  As I have stated before it never came and you refused any communication after that,  seems your being in the field as an excuse for your lack of communication only applies when you need to fulfill your obligation, never a problem when you want something.  I would send Peter Popoff money for his miracle spring water before I would have dealings with you on eBay, jjslots or here again. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:12:46 PM by Ed_milehi » Logged
Ed_milehi
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 114

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 01:18:40 PM »

This probably should be in the rants and raves section, But I found it on E-bay  Crazy. So moderator feel free to move/remove if you see fit.

From time to time we all find that one A**hole buyer you wish you could just go punch in the nose for being such a jerk for no reason at all  hissy fit hissy fit

First let me start with the fact that I am in the customer service business all day long at my real job and I do a very good job at it, And I deal with old Cadillac owners that are very set in their ways and very demanding. That said I have a 99 out of a 100 CSI score for over 2 years (Customer Satisfaction Index). I know how to deal with customers and their demands or simple expectations.

I recently sold an item on e-bay, simple item that inclued instructions on its use. Not that you needed them, but they were to be included. I forgot to include them  Silly Me!
Mistakes happen and when they do you take care of them ASAP!. Now did this buyer call me, text me or e-mail me that the instructions were missing? NO!  no

What is the best thing to do in this situation Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Lets report the item as not as described, open a paypal/e-bay case. Tie up my funds until resolved and make me answer the case and waste all this time and resourses Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

When...jee I could just send him an e-mail stating "you forgot the instructions" to which i would have responded "Sorry, here they are" and attached a file including them...

WHAT A JERK !!!!!!

I have no tolerance for jerks like this. Why start a big issue over a very simple item. Instructions or anything..missing, contact the buyer and tell them. they will most likley fix it right away. Opening a Paypal case is not going to do anything any faster no no Just piss people off.

Now on the other hand..If you did contact the seller and did not get an answer or satisfaction ...then this is the correct action. But not the FIRST action to be taken..

At this point I know this is an item the buyer really wanted,,After this action I was ready to have the item returned for a full refund without sending the instructions, just so he never got one and would think about his actions when he never found another one and I refused to sell to him again...But I did not stoop that low.

Instead I posted this... Fellow sellers here beware of the following jerk "Found On E-Bay" and handle with care wave

name:removed by me
Email:removed by me
Ebay:removed by me

*** Moderator, if I am out of line please feel free to remove***
Complaining about  A**hole buyers.   Silly Me!
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »

I would block him so that he can't bid on your items anymore.
Ebay states that when opening a case you should contact the seller first before you take any other action.
So, if your worried about un-just negative feedback go through Ebay tech support explain the situation and they
will most likely remove it for you. Unfortunately it's time consuming.

I had one buyer that I provided the unit and instructions to.
It was a usb to RS-232 or Rs-485 selectable  serial adapter box. He messaged me that one channel didn't work.
Before I listed it I completely tested it. So I told him to send it back and I'll check it out.
His reply was ok, but send me a working unit.  I want this unit and I want it working, so send me another one!
Long story short, I didn't have another one.  I got the unit back, tested it, and it worked perfectly.
He wanted all channels to be on Rs-232.  Had he read the instructions that I sent him he would have known to
change one jumper.  Just not to have any more issues, I refunded his money, listed the item the next day and it sold the following day.
The new customer was very happy and left great feedback.

Then there are the scammers.  We haven't received it. Where the hell is it!  I'm going to have to open a case with E-bay.
I had sent tracking updates to his e-mail via an automated option that the carrier provides.  I also have the tracking update data sent to
my e-mail.  So, I messaged him back and attached a screen shot of the tracking data from the shipper that said, "Delivered at and then the date, time and address."
It was delivered to a high rise office building to his companies particular sweet. 
I never heard back from him, so scam avoided, but a lot of my time wasted for nothing.

So you'll get 1 or 2 buyers like this every once in a while and it sucks! I feel your pain!

E~

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.