Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Recurring 3200 error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recurring 3200 error  (Read 4874 times)
pinballpaul
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: July 25, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »

I have a Double Haywire with a 605 game prom.  On any payout the hopper motor runs briefly and I receive a 3200 error.  The hopper test works (pays out ten coins).  I have exchanged the motherboard, daughter board and hopper with all known good boards. I have done a reset and set denom.  I have changed reel and game proms to a SP731.  When I put a bill in and cash out I also get a 3200 error.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:02:21 PM »

You tried a different hopper in it and it still happens?  Are your hopper limits set correctly? Does the display go blank for a second or two when you close the door?

Here is a post that may help....

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17622.msg147831#msg147831

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:12:26 PM by CVslots » Logged

pinballpaul

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »

I put the hopper, motherboard and CPU in another machine and they all worked in the second machine, but will not work in the first machine.  I still get the 3200 error when it tries to pay and works in hopper test.  Yes, the door switch is working.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:16:25 PM by pinballpaul » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:43:47 AM »

Hmm.  3200 is "hopper jam", which I haven't experienced personally.  Does anyone know how the machine determies that the hopper is jammed? 

3200 is a different error than hopper empty (3300) (where no coins are detected going past the optics), or hopper optics blocked (34_0).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:52:26 AM »

Sounds like you may have a hopper coin knife problem. If it will not divert the coins out properly you will have the problem with the 3200 code. Check and see if any coins are getting jammed under the knife. The knife may need to be adjusted or if the point has worn off of it it may not divert the coins through the coin out optic properly. If that us the case then order a new one and replace it, they should be less than 10.00. Hope this helps.

David
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 02:03:27 AM »

If his hopper is working properly in the test, though, as he stated, I wouldn't think that's the issue.  It goes back to, what tells the machine to kick a 3200 error instead of the 3300 (hopper empty)?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:42:59 AM »

If his hopper is working properly in the test, though, as he stated, I wouldn't think that's the issue.  It goes back to, what tells the machine to kick a 3200 error instead of the 3300 (hopper empty)?

I'm going to take a shot at this question knagl.
I think the MPU has an IC component that senses too much voltage or amperage current to the hopper motor?
Only someone with good MPU schematic reading skills can determine if I'm on the right track on that ?

I've never had a [3200] error code at work but I would definitely take the hopper out and tear it down on my workbench and give it a good cleaning - especially behind the hopper pinwheel...and check the top of the knife to see if it is perfectly flat as well as not being bent outwards away from the pinwheel face.
pinballpaul

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 01:34:18 AM »

I have put the hopper, MPU and motherboard in another game and they worked fine.
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 05:52:42 AM »

I may be wrong and I am most of the time.
But my s+ book says a 3200 is a over pay.
If that is right , then I would look at the hopper
brake to make sure it's not sticking.

One step at a time.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »

I may be wrong and I am most of the time.
But my s+ book says a 3200 is a over pay.

According to the error code list on the site (http://newlifegames.net/igterrors/ ), 3100 is extra coin out (overpay, if you prefer). 3200 is a hopper jam.

Paul: have you tried a known good hopper in the problem machine?

pinballpaul

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »

Yes, I have tried a known good hopper, MPU and motherboard in the problem machine.
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »

The fact that your hopper works in test mode (door open) and not in normal mode (door closed) may indicate that either something is blocking the coin out chute or maybe alignment is not right. The other posibility is that another input is interfering with hopper input with the door closed. Test each of the inputs in test mode to see that they work as expected.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.