Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Sound only on one side
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Sound only on one side  (Read 3759 times)
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: July 26, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »

I have two S2000 where sound only comes out on one side.  I switch the cable in the top cabinet from one speaker to the other and both work, just not at the same time.  The slot did have the sound board attached to the main cpu board but no sound Simm in it.  I removed the board thinking it was causing the problem.   

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:59:51 AM »

This is normal.  The Multimedia Lite II board is useless unless you have a DSV sound SIMM to install onto it.  Which game do you have and we can recommend a sound SIMM for you to install on your board.  Once you have that, then your sound options REALLY open up.

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:03:08 AM »

Jason, I thought just having the multimedia board installed gave the option for stereo sound. Maybe it just wasn't selected
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:06:28 AM »

Jason, I thought just having the multimedia board installed gave the option for stereo sound. Maybe it just wasn't selected

Mono generic sound has been my experience with or without the MML II board installed.  From what I understand, there is a wiring harness out there that will output the mono sound into both speakers.  The other option is to splice the speaker wires.  There's a diagram here somewhere.  I tested it and it does work. 

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 02:06:52 AM »

It is a wild cherry 5 coin.  I found the DVS00042 at Rudy's  ,but I was hoping to get it working without it first.   I plan on getting the chip.  I have a few of these boards and I would like to test them all.  
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 02:59:06 AM »

Thanks Jason, been a while since I tried that.

As far as rewiring, if you're planning on using a simm card anyway I wouldn't mess with any wiring till you get the simm installed. Should eliminate any need to rewire
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 03:37:26 AM »

Why rewire ?? I've never had a need to do this but I know it will work.  Use one of your wife's sewing needles, insert it through the center of both of the White wires, cut off excess needle ( watch your eyes, needle will be hardened material and will go flying when cut ) Tape shortened needle and your done. In the future when you decide this splicing the two wires together was a bad idea, just untape and remove the needle. No butchard wires to repair.

How long did this one take ?? two minutes or less to install needle and 30 minutes listening to your Wife bitch about using her last needle.  ( Plan ahead and buy your own needles )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »

Pretty slick little fix Buzz!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.