Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  converting a S2000 to a 3 reel vision
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: converting a S2000 to a 3 reel vision  (Read 1575 times)
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« on: July 31, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »

Is a S2000 3 reel  easily convertable to a 3 reel vision ?  Other than the glass and reel strips and vision monitor  what else is needed ? How many other harness are needed ? What chips ? are they SB type and is there software that goes into the monitor ? I would like to try this conversion Anyone have what i need to do this ( WTB ) thanks PB

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »

You need a particular set of Game (SG) chips for vision
  Some of the general SG chips most likely will not work (of course there can be an exception to this)

You need the SB chip for the Vision theme you want to play. Example Wild Cherry Pie requires the SB chip for Wild Cherry Pie, regular Wild Cherry will not work
A vison SB chip causes the appropriate action to occur in the vision computer
Examples move a 7 in RW&B racing 7's, add cherries to the pie in Wild Cherry Pie, add Diamonds to the Mine in Double Diamond Mine
The SB chip also allows the machine to respond to the vision computer when a bonus is won (7 reaches finish line, pie gets full, mine shaft gets full)

You will need a compact flash card loaded with the Top box application and maybe an update of the Windows Embedded OS - I cant remember if it takes 2 cards or one to do the install - yes I did read a lot of the posts on here but that part I have forgotten 

You will need 3 or 4 harnesses
netplex - between machine and vision computer
audio - between machine and computer you can use the existing speaker harness if an amp is installed - you move it from the amp to the computer.
   you will loose bass from tray unless do some modifications
     you would route the mpu sound to computer then to the amp then back to all three speakers - I do not think there are any ready made harnesses to do this
power I think it plugs into the large 3 pin connector on the right rear of top box
Serial Comm - may or may not be needed (I see references to it the diagrams but not sure if it is needed or not)
  the connector in the top box is 3 pins the one with the 3 gray wires that come from the Comm board (mounted in the center of the AC distribution box)

This is from me just studying the various wiring diagrams and my memory, so it may not be exact but it is close.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:56:06 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.