Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Need help with game change
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with game change  (Read 3982 times)
playwitslotmachines
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« on: August 02, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »

Hi everyone.

I`m working on changing a 45 credit, 5 cent, 5 reel Double Dollars free spin (formerly a progressive) into a non-progresive Triple Stars game. I already disabled the progressive settings on it already.

I'm currently using
SG000597 Gme 1 and 2
SB101576 Double Diamond/Dollars 5 cent 45 credit

willing to change into:
Triple Stars (SB100496)

I replaced the old SB101576, I used a IVC00224 to clear its memory, ran a clear, then put the new SB100496 on the board. Powered the game up and after the resettable errors, i get this error code "ASSERT FAIL cfg_bns.c@500 -0x61" on the display screen. I could not clear that error, not even with the key and clear chips. So I put my old Double Dollars SB101576 chip back in, and it initialized and goes in to game mode with the (Machine type mismatch) error which I resetted the machine and got it up and running on the old game. I just couldnt get the new SB chip to boot up yet. I don`t know if it has something to do with the SG chips, the Version Chips, the SB or If have to replace the whole MPU itself. I tried them both with the SG000597s installed. Any advice? I am a new-B to game changes on a 5 reel.
Thanks for your help in advance. applause

Similar Topic: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18922.0

Everyone's a winner!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:47:34 AM »

Do you know for a fact that your SB100496 is a good chip ??? ( look and make sure it doesn't have a bent leg ) If you have a eprom programmer or someone that has one the check sum for that chip is A572. I'd just about bet the farm that your SG and version chips are not the problem. And forget about changing the MPU if it's working with one game it will work with the other one.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:00:56 AM »

SG000597

GAME TYPE
This version supports S2000 games with multi-denomination capabilities. The available stepper slot game types and games are:
STEPPER SLOT GAME TYPES
Type 64 (Cleopatra, Leopard’s Claw) Type 81 (Double Diamond Run) Type 91 (Double Diamond)
THEME SPECIFIC S2000 GAMES
NOTE: For game specific sound, a DSVxxxxx program corresponding to the game theme must be installed on a multimedia lite board II.
Cleopatra Double Diamond Run Double Diamond Leopard’s Claw

SB100496  calls for a set of standard sg chips  current sg000598

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:38:20 AM »

I'll bet if I stick around on this site long enough I'll learn something.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
playwitslotmachines

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »

Do you know for a fact that your SB100496 is a good chip ??? ( look and make sure it doesn't have a bent leg ) If you have a eprom programmer or someone that has one the check sum for that chip is A572. I'd just about bet the farm that your SG and version chips are not the problem. And forget about changing the MPU if it's working with one game it will work with the other one.

I checked the legs, they're all pretty straight. I don't have an eeprom programmer or know anybody with the check sum. Well even with the straight legs fit in the SB socket it still shows the error

Everyone's a winner!
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

got chip in face right way ?
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »

SG 597 will not work with Triple Stars.  It's for Type 64 (Cleopatra, Leopard’s Claw) Type 81 (Double Diamond Run) Type 91 (Double Diamond) games only.  SG523 will work. 
playwitslotmachines

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 12:31:12 AM »

SG 597 will not work with Triple Stars.  It's for Type 64 (Cleopatra, Leopard’s Claw) Type 81 (Double Diamond Run) Type 91 (Double Diamond) games only.  SG523 will work. 

Lolz I learn something new every day! Especially coming to different types of SG chips and game types. I just found out my old Double Dollars game is a type 91. As idesign mentioned I have to swap out the SB chips and I'll have that game up and running with my fingers crossed. I'm just not too sure whether to use a 224 or a 97 clear chip for the SG523 chips that's all. Idesign, I'll let you know the chip you sent work but I bet it will. Thanks
Cheers:)SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Everyone's a winner!
playwitslotmachines

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »

got chip in face right way ?

the chip was facing the right way, I just found the problem, it's the SG chips. Thanks

Everyone's a winner!
playwitslotmachines

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 12:35:48 AM »

Lolz I learn something new every day! Especially coming to different types of SG chips and game types. I just found out my old Double Dollars game is a type 91. As idesign mentioned I have to swap out the SB chips and I'll have that game up and running with my fingers crossed. I'm just not too sure whether to use a 224 or a 97 clear chip for the SG523 chips that's all. Idesign, I'll let you know the chip you sent works but I bet it will, if it does i'll send u the moolah order. Thanks
Cheers:)SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Everyone's a winner!
playwitslotmachines

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:22 AM »

I'll bet if I stick around on this site long enough I'll learn something.

that's what NLG is for buzz. Life`s always good at NLG!!

Everyone's a winner!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.