Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 06:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Removing s+ handle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Removing s+ handle  (Read 3980 times)
JRR4
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:27:10 PM »

Can someone give me some instructs on how to remove the pull handle the simplest way.  I'm resurfacing the sides of my machine and need to remove the handle and round metal plate temporarily.  From looking on the inside of the machine it looks like it could be more difficult than loosening three nuts.  Thanks, JR
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »

JRR4, there is an allen screw on the bottom part of the cap, just insert the correct size and unscrew then you can pull out the handle and pull off the cap.

Dan (tacman)

JRR4
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »

I need to remove the metal round piece that's attached with 3 screws from the inside too.
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:58 PM »

Those flat pan heads on outside cab. go thru an hold the slot mech. on the inside.  Just unplug the pull mech. and un-bolt and re-move.  remove your handle/hub as previously stated by dan first.   There is nothing to it once you do it.  B.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 11:05:06 PM »

[...resurfacing the sides...]

Can you show us before and after pics later?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:11:18 PM »

If you don't have a bill acceptor its not as difficult. The size ot the hex head cap screw is 3/16"   the three nuts are 7/16"   Its' a lot easier to remove the hex head using a 1/4" socket and 6" extension with the 3/16" allen head attached. Be careful they put locktite on the threads and I have broken them off before, so take it easy and work it back and forth as u loosen it.   sometimes the handle won't come out after u have removed the screw,mainly because it has rust on it. so be patient and work it back and forth.  when you have it off inspect the rachet pawl ,the fork is usually  broken, inspect the rubber shock absorber,most of the time they melt and your handle flies back,  check your switch acctuator that it is not mashed down too far so the handle will not start the spin.  Before reassembly  put a drop of oil in the tread hole on the handle and run your screw in and out a few times it makes it easier to put back together. and also rub some oil on the hanle part that goes into the mech.

Jim

>when you go to reinstall-----once you have the handle mech in place ,put the cap head screw through the hole in the cabinet and push it in so the threads are flush with the opening,then using your finger hold the nut over the screw and start it until it grabs, do the same for the screw near the spring----this will help with the frustration. don't tighten any up until all three are lined up with the outside metal plate and are in their holes and flush.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
JRR4
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »

Thanks for the help.  I'll post pics after I'm done in a couple of weeks.  I'm refurbishing the whole machine with new glass, reel baskets and reels, buttons, labels, t-molding, and side material.  A fun project. 
idylewild1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 02:30:12 AM »

When I reinstall the three roundhead bolts that hold the handle mechanism I place a piece of tape over the end of the socket (sticky side out) and push the nut into the tape. This will hold the nut while getting it started on the bolt by turning the socket. This works best with a deep socket. Hope this helps.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.