Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Ebay Auctions The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  ebay question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ebay question  (Read 3663 times)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« on: August 04, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »

Hope somebody can answer this. If I'm the high bidder on an item and the bid increments are $10, how do I lose theauction by less han that?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:34:13 PM »

Say the lowest bid is $500, but you have a max bid $600, only the $500 will be showing. Next bidder doesn't know you have a max bid of $600 and he bids $601,  That will make him the highest bidder He will win the auction unless you up your bid.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »

Say the lowest bid is $500, but you have a max bid $600, only the $500 will be showing. Next bidder doesn't know you have a max bid of $600 and he bids $601,  That will make him the highest bidder He will win the auction unless you up your bid.

That is true, but he should never really see his "highest bid" of $600 because the autobid would be really fast and jump right to the $601 of the other person. Now if he had $600 sitting there for a while, and then someone got it for $601 at the last minute, then something is not right. We need more details how the bidding went.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »

It was that 5X Pay WOF glass. I can post the link after a bit if necessary
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »

Just curious as to the time-line of the bids. Specifically, at what point did you have the high bid, and for how long?
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »

that glass sold for over 600 thats nuts who ever bought that got ripped off......maybe i should sell my backlite reel strips..... ill start the bid on ebay at $1000  Cry Laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Cry Laughing jk 
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »

Honestly, it exceeded my limit at around  $400, but it looked pretty good that the winner was gonna get it at any price so I mighta ran it up just a bit. My bad:( I woulda still been ok if I'd got it at six though, so I'm not a complete asshole
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »

I watched the auction on and off on that and other related.  (5x and top box for 250 ship).   All I would like to say is I hope the Buyer is happy when they receive their items.   Quite sure some "jitter" will turn up from that stuff. B.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.