Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  PSP Communication Error with CON2I
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PSP Communication Error with CON2I  (Read 2083 times)
NickH
« on: August 07, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »

Hello All, I am trying to read the contents of a CON2I Super Controller using PSP v2.0 and am receiving; "Error in loading from controller", "Default error, Check controller # 1", and "Error occurred in loading data from controller". I also tried using Download 2.0 for Windows and i receive, "Error receiving directory".

The computer I am using is running WinXP pro sp3. I am using the correct serial cable. The receive LED blinks 3 times when running DfW before giving the error.

I used this same setup not too long ago to communicate with a supreme controller with no problems. I am just trying to determine what software is on this thing and what game manufacturer this controller is for. Does anyone know what group address and address ID i should be using with the CON2I? I searched the forum and didn't find any info.

Thank you in advance for your help!!
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:46:12 AM »

Hey Nick!

NLG Welcome

I should start off with admitting that I'm not the expert, but I do believe you want to stick with PSP.

You can pick up a free manual on the CON2 controllers at RudysDeals.com.  The manual describes the settings for all CON2 families (2i, 2f, etc.).  That's a good place to start.

It's also possible that there's nothing to read from the controller, but rather, you would send a program to it to handle various progressives.  So, while you're at RudysDeals, I'd also pick up the free PSP 2.0 Programmers manual.

For more help on the site (now trying to speak for some real experts), please post more info about what you intend to hook the CON2 to, i.e., what kind of machine do you want to add a progressive to, is there an external meter or are you looking for on-screen display, etc.

You mentioned that you have the right cable because you used it once before, so just to confirm, you're using the modified RS-232 / DB9 cable, yes?

Hope this gets you started a little more in the right direction!

:Dave wave

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.