Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 04:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  bally6000 monte carlo question?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally6000 monte carlo question?  (Read 4810 times)
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:26 PM »

does the battery on my bally monte recharge itself every time i leave the machine on? Scratch Head Scratch Head also having credits on the machine have any affect on the battery recharging? Scratch Head i try to keep the machine on inleast 8 hours every week...... just want to make sure i am not wasting my time leaving it on...... havent replaced battery yet in id say 2 years......
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »

The battery is a 3.6v AA Lithium . It does not recharge itself.  In the manual it warns against recharging the battery. Page 2-10
"Warning: Attempting to charge
Lithium batteries can cause them
to explode. Replace failed batteries
with Bally part E-00628-0023 or its
equivalent."
As far as leaving it on. When its on its not using the battery.
AS far as having credits on the machine having any affect on the battery.  I don't  know, but i would think not cause when off the battery is already keeping  memory (Settings, Clock, accounting etc) I wouldn't think credits would add more draw on the battery.
Thats My 2cents worth.
Mike
Ps. do you have the manual.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »

no i dont but inleast i no now that battery doesnt recharge itself.....

thanks
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »

does the battery on my bally monte recharge itself every time i leave the machine on? Scratch Head Scratch Head also having credits on the machine have any affect on the battery recharging? Scratch Head i try to keep the machine on inleast 8 hours every week...... just want to make sure i am not wasting my time leaving it on...... havent replaced battery yet in id say 2 years......

Many disagree on this....but my personal experience is...if the machine is turned off by a power strip, machine switch still on and credits on the machine will drain the battery quicker. I have many machines and the ones I turn off by the internal switch I have not replaced the batterys on in years, the ones that get turned off by a light switch that controls all the outlets on a bank of machines that have credits on the all the time, go thru batteries every few months. I am convinced the credits will drain a battery if the switch is on and the machine is un-plugged or the same as un-plugged. No leaving it on will not charge the battery, but the battery will not be used while the machine is on, somewhat extending its life at the cost of your electric bill...Not looking for a debate here...just my observations on my machines...
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 03:20:10 AM »

all my machines are turned off from there switches inside...... but then i have to turn off the power strip, to turn off there player tracking.....my monte doesnt get to much play as my s2000's take most of my play time lol....thats why i worry about the monte.... i guess having my monte for almost 2 years and battery is still kicken is a good thing....... i just dred having to do a ram clear on the bally if the battery dies....im such a nob to bally machines.....it looks like its all codes.....
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 10:03:10 AM »

all my machines are turned off from there switches inside...... but then i have to turn off the power strip, to turn off there player tracking.....my monte doesnt get to much play as my s2000's take most of my play time lol....thats why i worry about the monte.... i guess having my monte for almost 2 years and battery is still kicken is a good thing....... i just dred having to do a ram clear on the bally if the battery dies....im such a nob to bally machines.....it looks like its all codes.....

It is easy to do...but do your self a big favor and write down what all the options are now before the battery dies. Open the machine with power on and press the test button till you see 11d. wait a few seconds and it will change to 27 and 1 most likely. write that down, then press max bet to display the next one and keep writing them down till you get back around to 27 again. then just close the door to exit back to game play. do not press any other buttons at this time and you will not be making any changes. Then when the time come to do a ram clear, you will have all the setting handy to put your machine back the way it was with no guessing.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »

It is easy to do...but do your self a big favor and write down what all the options are now before the battery dies. Open the machine with power on and press the test button till you see 11d. wait a few seconds and it will change to 27 and 1 most likely. write that down, then press max bet to display the next one and keep writing them down till you get back around to 27 again. then just close the door to exit back to game play. do not press any other buttons at this time and you will not be making any changes. Then when the time come to do a ram clear, you will have all the setting handy to put your machine back the way it was with no guessing.

Agree with Post
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »

8 hours a week is more than necessary, 4 hours should do.  I would assume your machine has a Progressive set up which would be a chamII.  This has a rechargeable battery which charges when powered.  Leaving a machine turned off for a period of time can drain this battery, then the progressive needs to be programmed again...

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

good idea !!!!!!
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »

I was always told to leave it on a few hours at least once a week.   I also had the battery on the board die and replaced it with an adapter for 2 AA batteries.  That way when the dreaded battery low error occurs; you can switch out 1 battery and then the other without having to reprogram everything.  BTW; I got my machine from Idlewyls ( Ron from Samron gaming) and he was extremely helpful and walked me through the whole prprogramming process.  Bill
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »

8 hours a week is more than necessary, 4 hours should do.  I would assume your machine has a Progressive set up which would be a chamII.  This has a rechargeable battery which charges when powered.  Leaving a machine turned off for a period of time can drain this battery, then the progressive needs to be programmed again...

Thanks,
Wayne

ya mine has a cham11

* IMAG0572.jpg (622.54 KB, 1440x2560 - viewed 283 times.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:36:13 PM by a69mopar » Logged
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »

i cant wait till these become avalable!!! i think bally did a way better job with there alpha monte carlos then igt did with there avp wheel of fortune's.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rVl3EpACjKY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rVl3EpACjKY&rel=0</a>
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.