Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Handle does not return all the way after play
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Handle does not return all the way after play  (Read 1828 times)
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: August 11, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »

I have one last problem with my rebuild of a 742-A.  When I coin up and play the handle does not quite return  for the next coin up.  If you coin up, the handle relay buzzes because the paddle can't  get pulled down and hold the handle's lock prawl.  To fix this I just have to bearly touch the handle to get the prawl to move forward a millimeter at most and the paddle drops and were playing.

The problem I'm having is that at end of the game the reel mech lacks the oomph needed to move the prawl forward and out from underneath the handle release paddle.
I have oiled everything - cam gears, handle shafts and I took apart the daskpot cleaned it again and put some lubraplate grease and zoom oil to thin it in the dashpot assembly - the thing is floating in light lubricant.  The dashpot does have it rubber cup intact - it's 50 years old but seem pliable.  The hole in the dashpot is a small rectangular hole, I'm wondering if the suction from the piston moving back might be the problem.  Any suggestions on how to diagnose or fix this .  Sooooo close yet sooo far Scratch Head
Thanks Jeff

Jeff
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »

Fixed it.  The pinhole was too small at the end of the dashpot and the piston did not have enough energy to suck in the needed air to allow it to return after the play cycle.
I tested the dashpot to see it was the issue by removing the cylinder and playing a game.  The game was able to reset the handle just fine. 

I drilled a 1/32 inch ole in the back of the daskpot after the test, the hole was off center so if I had made a mistake JB weld could fix it and the original pinhole would remain usable.
Cleaned the cylinder and oiled it.
 applause applause applause
Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.