Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:05:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally Series E 2000 error 41 - Fixed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Series E 2000 error 41 - Fixed  (Read 1828 times)
einad
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:02 PM »

Hello

I have a Bally 3 reel Series E, on the identification plate it  shows E2240-108. It's a 3 reel  5coin (25c) machine.

The tilt light is constantly on, but it accept coins, if I play the machine like normal it gives a error 41 and the reels does not stop.
I do have a manual and did all the test, on test 5, the reel reader test, all 3 readers register and shows the correct values on the display for the icons on the reel.

If I do test 8, the game function test, the machine accept coins, I can pull the lever, the first reel stops then the 3rd reel, but the second reel does not stop.
On test 2, the load test, I can hear the first and third reels stop solenoid activating but not the second reels, however, if I close the door, all 3 reels lock solenoids activate, and all 3 reels is locked in position. All 3 solenoids is working 100%

But then as I play a game it gives me error 41 and the reels just keep on spinning. I also swapped reel reader 1 and 2 but I still get error 41.

Any advice???

Attached is a picture of the machine, it was at the back of a antique store, and got it for less than $50, hope I didn't overpay, hahahahaha.

Thanks

* IMG_1132.JPG (655.83 KB, 1224x1632 - viewed 259 times.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:27:38 PM by einad » Logged
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »

Hi Einad,

You have done a great job troubleshooting your machine.  I would have done the same diagnostic tests myself.    I have two thoughts on your machine.  1- Why does reel  #2 solenoid not release with the door open.  Maybe a broken connection in or near the door wiring harness.  They can be pretty stiff.   2- The Reel Reader Control Board under the reels.  It has to pass on all the signals from the real readers to the u-processor.  Those a hard to troubleshoot without just swapping them.  That would explain why swapping reel 1 & 2 parts didnt help.  Oh, I have a 3rd thought.  Your machine is old and was out of service right?  -Power supply AC ripple-  If you have too much ripple on your DC voltages all sorts of bad things can happen.  I dont have any specs on that but shot-gunning all the old electrolytic caps in the power supply is money well spent.

Hope you have some food for thought.

Let us know how it works out.

Cheers,
Mark   

Its Always Something...
einad
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

I got a new IO board from Barry (FoxSlots) my machine is working 100% now, thanks Barry
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:59:49 AM »

That great.  Clap  How much did he charge for the IO board?  I might like to have a spare myself for troubleshooting.

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.