Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 10:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Jackpot Party In Philly, PA on ebay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jackpot Party In Philly, PA on ebay  (Read 5326 times)
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« on: August 14, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »

Decent price of $250 for a JP that sounds like it needs an upper power supply replacement (detailed in this forum).  Its a pickup only so giving a heads up to people in that area who might be interested.  I have one and the wife and I love it as part of a collection!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160864479400&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »

looks like display is missing that cost as  much as the slot
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »

If anyone gets the machine; I have the complete top box ( power supply, dot display, etc... ) available.  Bill
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »

looks like display is missing that cost as  much as the slot
He says he has the display.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 06:26:33 AM »

I have been informed from an anonymous source that the seller of the machine in question has had some run-ins with some of our very own NLG members.  Take it with a grain of salt since it's anonymous, and as with any eBay purchase, "Buyer Beware".   propeller

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
sbmania
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:08:55 AM »

I looked at the machine and had a NOS Williams upper power supply with me but it was not the same as the one in there.  Did WMS use two different upper power supplys?  Are they not interchangeable?  The connectors appeared different on the replacement I had and the one already installed in there.
The owner told me that the upper power supply is virtully unavailable.  Will I be able to use the power supply mod mentioned at the beginning of this thread to fix this game?
PS  During power up, the game bongs once, shows dot init and then dot fail, indicating the MPU does not see the display.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »

You should be able to use the ATX power supply mods listed in this section to get it running, assuming that the board in there is still good.

If memory serves, the lower power supply and upper supply from WMS were similar in size and appearance, but were not interchangeable. Perhaps they put a replacement lower supply in the top if they didn't know better.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
sbmania
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »

Sorry for the confusion.  What I meant to say was that the (bad) upper power supply in the Jackpot Party was different from the NOS upper power supply I had on the shelf (maybe for an older Dotmation game?)  The connectors were different with different numbers of wires on his and mine.
Did WMS use different styles of upper power supplies on different Dotmation games?  Can they be made to interchange, or should I just go with the aftermarket power supply?  Thanks!
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »

The power supplies are extrememly hard to come by.  I found 2 at a shop and the tech there had rebuilt them.  He told me there were indeed 2 different upper power supplies that had been used on the dot display machines.  I am not sure why they changed but I believe one had an 8 pin molex connector and the other one had 10 pins (or 10 and 12).  I think he said they were different somehow--like different voltages but they could be made to interchange.  I really dont remember what he said on it though.  I told him what I needed and he made it happen.

Anyway, the power supply mod does work.  I have a machine that has 2 ATX power supplies running in the top box and no other upper power supply.  I believe when I traced where the power was going, 1 power supply went only to the Dot screen, the other actually was plugged in to the lower distribution board and appeared to be running something on the lower side.  Looks like an extremely easy mod to change the top power supply.  Here is an actual pic of the only plugs used from the top atx power supply that I have.  You plug the square plug in as shown, and you cut one red wire out of the flat plug.

* plug 2.jpg (397.18 KB, 695x645 - viewed 269 times.)

* Plug.jpg (891.94 KB, 1261x1055 - viewed 288 times.)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.