Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:15:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Newbie has hopper problem on IGT Double Jackpot Slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie has hopper problem on IGT Double Jackpot Slot  (Read 9512 times)
chevyjim
« on: August 16, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »

Hi,

I'm new to slots and came across an IGT "Double Jackpot" slot. My problem is that it plays fine except when tryng to convert credits to coins. When I hit collect, the machine makes a paying out sound, but the hopper doesn't move.  I'm suspecting maybe the CY4902 SSR is bad. From reading on here I'm not sure if it is a "S" or "S+" slot. Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Jim
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »

I'm suspecting maybe the CY4902 SSR is bad.

Welcome to the site.   NLG Welcome

What on earth is a CY4902 SSR?

When you say that the machine "makes a paying out sound", what do you mean?  Can you hear the hopper spinning?  Do any error codes appear on the display?  What denomination is the hopper in your machine, and do the coins in the hopper match?

If you can post a picture or two of the outside and inside of your machine, we can help you determine what model of machine you have, and try to help you troubleshoot your issue more.  The more you can tell us about your machine and exactly what it is or isn't doing, the more we can help you.

Please Post Pictures

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:15:39 AM »

Poppo
That is the TRIAC mounted to the hopper bracket
The AC version of a SCR

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
chevyjim
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »

Thanks for the replies! when I said it made a paying sound, I meant it was an audible winning sound from the speaker. The hopper did not rotate. It may have put up a code, and i will look for it today when I run power back to the storage shed. The machine is loaded with the proper denomination 5 cent as well.

* IMG_5076.jpg (153.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 610 times.)

* IMG_5077.jpg (157.95 KB, 480x640 - viewed 449 times.)
chevyjim
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »

Here are some outside pics

* IMG_5074.jpg (186.72 KB, 480x640 - viewed 412 times.)

* IMG_5078.jpg (153.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 396 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »

Thanks for the pics.  You have a 9" (or "chop top") IGT S+ slot machine with an embedded bill validator.  If I had to guess, it sure looks like it was a Katrina victim.

A few things:

The speaker shouldn't make any noise upon cashout unless coins are going past the hopper coin-out optic, and you should get one ding for every coin that goes past.

When you press Cash Out (or "Cash/Credit") and the machine is making the noise you described, are credits removed from the meter?

If so, someone bypassed the hopper alltogether, and I strongly suspect it's your CY4902 box on the floor of the machine doing that.  That box is not standard equipment on an S+ slot, and I suspect it was added by an end user as a way to facilitate knocking off credits without having to have coins come out of the hopper.

I think to get your machine working like a normal S+, you'll need to figure out where those wires that are connected to that CY4902 box belong.  It might be as simple as connecting them to the proper posts on the back of the hopper plug in the machine to get your hopper working again.  That said, I don't have a machine handy to be able to accurately tell you which wire goes to which post, or if any of those wires need to go elsewhere, so I'd wait to get input from someone else here before randomly connecting wires.  The last thing you want is to let the magic smoke out of your machine...

Burning Resistor Burning Resistor Burning Resistor

Can you answer the question I put in bold above to help confirm my suspicions?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
chevyjim
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »

Thanks for the help on identifying the slot type! It didn't look like the CY4902 box was factory to me, but looking at the wiring the output of it is in series with the hopper motor so I don't know what's up. To address your question, it seems the amount of coins (10) I was trying to collect stayed displayed in the right window, and the left window displayed four zeros. Example 0000 0010. as the machine continued to ding, the numbers stayed the same. I will plug the machine back in tonight and make detailed notes of everything to give you as much info as I can.

Jim
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 04:36:19 AM »

Did the dinging keep going forever (until you turned the jackpot reset key), or did it ding 10 times (or however many credits you had) and then stop?

If it was the never-ending dink-dink-dink-dink sound, then your machine was in a jackpot hand-pay lockup and was waiting for the attendant to pay you. In that case, it never even tried to activate the hopper, and we'll need to tweak some settings so that the machine will at least try to use the hopper, and then see what happens then.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »

I was thinking CY4902 was a triac, looked at the wrong info on web

it is actually a Solid State Relay (SSR)
it has triacs in it.
it is in the S+ Diagrams and Electronic Repiar Manual
It is how IGT Isolates the 120VAC for the hopper from the MPU circuits.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 11:47:20 PM »

Foster, are you saying that the box on the bottom of his machine is normal?  I've never seen one in my machines, but perhaps they're normally hidden behind the hopper plug?  I haven't gone digging in my machines to see if there's one in there.

We still need to hear back from Jim.  It now sounds like to me that it's just set to put all cash-outs to handpay rather than pay out of the hopper, which would explain why his hopper isn't trying pay out.

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »

That sold state relay is normal and required for the 110VAC S+ hopper. It's supposed to be mounted on the side of the hopper bracket though. Not necessary for it to work, just where it goes.

* relay.jpg (261.21 KB, 800x600 - viewed 394 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 12:58:03 AM »

if you want to know if the hopper works      go into the self test mode and test it.       press the white test button until  you see #3 in the coins played window, then press the spin button, the hopper should turn on and count out ten coins, if it does this then the hopper is working,

I'm with Knagl on this one.   I believe  there are no limits set, so every time you get a win the machine  locks up as an attendant hand pay. which can only be reset using the jackpot reset key.

go into the test mode again,  get to test #7 in the coins played window,  you should see a blinking number  use the spin button to increase the number, turn the jackpot key , the tens digit should now blink, press the spin to advance, do this for all four digits,  set to 1000.  press the button again,  7 in the coins played window,   units number flashing in the credits window,  do the same and set this to 1000.  press  the button again, 8 in the coins played window,  set this to 1000 as well.   just by closing the door the settings will be saved. 

Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 01:16:47 AM »

That sold state relay is normal and required for the 110VAC S+ hopper. It's supposed to be mounted on the side of the hopper bracket though. Not necessary for it to work, just where it goes.

Understood now, thank you for the information.  Seeing that on the floor of the machine made me think it was some kind of an aftermarket hopper bypass device.  Now I'm sure that this is simply a case of the machine not being configured to pay from the hopper.

chevyjim
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

Sorry it took so long to get back with you guys. Changes on the job have had me scrambling all over since last week. I have read everything posted here and I will try to go into test mode and see what I can find. Thanks so much for all the input! It will be Saturday before I can get to the machine and plug it back up. Should post results by Saturday afternoon. One thing I have found is the guy that gave it to me said the hopper was working fine and after a couple years in storage he plugged it in, and it no longer worked. Thanks for everyone's patience!

Jim
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:20 AM »

Excellent.  When you're out with the machine, can you please find out what SP chip is in there so we can give you better directions?  This link explains how to find out what you have: http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

chevyjim
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 01:51:25 PM »

Ok, I plugged the machine in pressed the white button until I got to test mode #3. Pushed the spin button and the hopper started running! It took a while for the coins to actually go pass the sensor, but I'm sure that is just an adjustment. We can get to that later. I then went to test mode #7. 9000 was displayed in the "Winner Paid" window. I changed that to 1000. Pressing the test button again 0000 was displayed in the "Credits" window. I changed that to 1000. Went to test mode # 8 and changed the 0000 to 1000 as well. Closed and opened the door then re-checked the settings and it saved then. Closed the door and played a few games and hit 15 credits. Pressed the cashout button and the same constant "ding, ding, dinging" with "0000 0015" flashing in the two windows and still no hopper activity. I know we are getting close to finding what's wrong. I've added two pics of the proms and the dip switch programming chart. Right now the dip switches are set as follows: 1,2,and 3 are on and 4,5,6,7,and 8 are off.  Thanks!

Jim

* IMG_5118.jpg (165.04 KB, 640x480 - viewed 541 times.)

* IMG_5116.jpg (159.14 KB, 640x480 - viewed 411 times.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:01:26 PM by chevyjim » Logged
chevyjim
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 02:02:17 PM »

Here are the dip switches to make sure I am reading them right.

* IMG_5119.jpg (151.17 KB, 640x480 - viewed 392 times.)
chevyjim
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »

Update! I went in to test mode 4 to display the prom numbers to verify that they matched the labels on the chips and they do. Pressed the spin button and it lined up the Jackpot symbols and showed what they would pay on the display. I then closed the door and played until I won. When I hit collect, the hopper now is paying out! Not sure what I did, but glad it's working! Thanks everyone for the input and programming information!

Jim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.