Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV-200 will not accept bills
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV-200 will not accept bills  (Read 23362 times)
Sherrie
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 01:42:22 PM »

The gear teeth are fine on everything.  The unit cycling up sounds like Video 1, normal cycle.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 04:07:03 PM »

Well, you can look at that document and put the head in self test mode by flipping the dip switches, power up and flip the switch back to check and see if it will accept bills. You can also go into the self test on the machine to see if the BV is still enabled. I'm assuming you have no credits on the machine, correct? Because as noted earlier, if it is over the 25 limit you had it set for earlier, it won't enable.
Sherrie
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »

I already did that again this morning & checked to make sure the BV was still enabled and it is still set to 1000 as I was instructed to do earlier in this post.  I asked the man who is in charge of the machines in the club if the cash box was ever dropped; he told me he never dropped it but he retired last year and his replacement was in charge of the machines; he could not speak for him but the 5 months he was in charge is when two of the 4 slot machines messed up.  Those are the two I bought because when he took back over (short retirement) he could not get them to work right.  This one would only accept $1 bills (I don't think they tried $100 or $50 bills but tried 10s & 20s).  When I did get it to work it would only accept 1s & 100s.

The corner of the cash box where the gear is was bent out parallel to the gear which I tapped back straight also two other parts were bent a little that I gently fixed.  If someone did drop it, it landed on a solid concrete floor that is covered with vinyl tile.  So that could be my problem, a damaged cash can.

So realistically instead of buying an entire unit I should first try a new cash can, correct?
JCM Tech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 07:08:18 AM »

OK lets try to eliminate one thing at a time. First does the validator accept all the bills. To test this, remove the acceptor from the transport and look at the bottom. There are two sets of dip switches, one with ten switches and one with six. Turn on number six on the six pack. Attach the small plug to the head,( do not mount the validator) and then turn number six off. Watch your fingers it should cycle. This is self test mode. It should accept bills and spit them out the back.
The software you have should accept all large portrait bills, but not the ones that have color to them (Next Gen bills). The newest version of software for a DBV-200 in protocol ID-022/023 is version 2.61-04-03. That will take Next Gen 10, 20 & 50. There was a version made to take the Next Gen 5 but it was a limited release to American Gaming.
If it still has trouble accepting in test mode, get a hold of some calibration paper. The unit has a self calibration feature. Turn on dip switches 4, 5 & 6 on the six pack and apply power. Then feed in the calibration paper black side first. The unit will cycle the paper a few times and then spit it out.
Sherrie
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 09:41:57 AM »

This is the 3rd time I did this.  It will accept & reject 5s Through 50s.  What it also did all 3 times but I paid no attention to it, when I put in a $1 or a $100 bill it will accept it, hold it for a second then pass it right through the other end instead of rejecting it back out the same place I inserted it in as the rest of the bills did.  The Administrator at the club I got these from told me he use to clean out other denomination bills; I'll bet they were the old style.  The version on the eprom chip is 2.12 04-02 but according to the attached file this version should accept newer style currency.

I do have a question that is a little off the subject.  I bought a Clear Ram chip and used it on this Sizzling 7 IGT S-Plus slot machine to get rid of that error 61 code.  Does that clear ram chip have to stay and be used on this machine only if ever required again or can I use the same clear ram chip on my IGT S-Plus Triple Diamond Slot if I get that error code 61 on it?

* DBV-200 Software ID023 4 Pages.pdf (61.55 KB - downloaded 572 times.)
poppo

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »

I do have a question that is a little off the subject.  I bought a Clear Ram chip and used it on this Sizzling 7 IGT S-Plus slot machine to get rid of that error 61 code.  Does that clear ram chip have to stay and be used on this machine only if ever required again or can I use the same clear ram chip on my IGT S-Plus Triple Diamond Slot if I get that error code 61 on it?

It can be used on any S+.
Sherrie
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »

Thank you Poppo.  I would like to thank everyone for their help, I have learned a lot.  What I am going to do today is order a replacement cash can and the updated EPROM chip for the unit.  The head seems to be in proper working order and hopefully the transport is too.  Hopefully they will include instructions as to if I must enable the BV again with the set chip and then in the machine setting too.

When I get the parts in I will post if this worked or not.  I am just hoping the cash box is my problem.
Sherrie
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

Sherrie, after all you've been through, PM me your address and I'll send you out a cash can today. I don't have any EPROMs handy, as most of my IGT BVs are flasvex for the new bills, but at least the cash can will eliminate part of your troubles...

Roslyn

texjet
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 03:47:47 PM »

Hi all,
 I am having the same issues as sherrie.
I have verified the BV and transport are working thru self tests. I was wondering if someone could tell me what to buy. A clear chip or any other chip I may need? I would also need to buy manual to explain the self test menu, I cant seem to find the BV enable in the self test mode. The bezel lights have never came on, I have tested the resistance and they are good.  I have printed the instructions from these pages but doesnt work the same for me. I am assuming I need to clear the chip and set the BV to enable.

I have read in this forum for several days and learned so much. thanks for any help!

texjet

IGT S2000 Double wild Cherry
DBV 200-SS V 2.12-04-02 (5A53)
1160 game chip 4332 reel prom
poppo

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 04:35:33 PM »

I don't have a PSR for that SP chip, but typically you will press the self test button a couple of times until you have a 0 in the coins played and a 2_x displayed  (x may be 0 or 1) or maybe a 5_x. Then you turn the jackpot reset key until you have a 9_x displayed (there should still be a 0 in the coins played). if it's 9_1 your BV is enabled. If it's 9_0, then it's not and you will need a set chip.
texjet
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 08:15:56 PM »

Thank you I will try that, where would you buy that set chip?
poppo

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »

Thank you I will try that, where would you buy that set chip?

Any of the vendors listed here. Or put s WTB in the classifieds. It's always good to have one, but see if it's enabled first.
texjet
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »

I just checked it is not enabled 9_0. thanks I couldn't get to that before. do I need a Clear chip too? also does the set chip come with instructions? sorry rookie here.
texjet
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »

I ordered a chip today,I will post if I get it working thanks for the help poppo
texjet
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »

I cleared the ram, put the game chip in and cleared the errors, then put the set chip in and enabled the BV, I have the limits set to 9999 and 9999 in test mode 7. The denomination is set to 25. I have bezel lights and the BV takes bills in and holds them for about 2 to 3 sec and returns them. I have tried everything except a calibration sheet. I saw one post about oiling the the shafts in the bill transport, I haven't tried that yet. Am I missing something obvious that you can see?

Thanks,
Texjet
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.