Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bally Game Maker No video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Game Maker No video  (Read 5261 times)
tvmaster1
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 20, 2012, 02:09:10 AM »

Anyone have any fix yet for the Bally game maker  no video and all Processor LEDs are on but cannot get any video or BV initiate , I can set the JCM to Calibrate status and it cycles. This is a Slant top and the top Lights come on during power on as well
i Can do test on Hopper with the test buttons on the hopper.

Any Help would realy be appreciated.

Tony
Las Vegas Nevada

thetvmaster1@msn.com

864-884-0511
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 07:39:38 AM »

does the game play - that is take coins etc?  if not - check the power supply first - then the cpu - then the monitor.

tvmaster1

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »

to be honest didn't even check to see if it takes coin, but the monitor appears to be working when i hit the menu button video appears, but nothing else
were in the power supply should i be looking , i checked the voltages on the back plane and i have all voltages as listed on the back plane test points 5v,12, cant remember the other voltages labeled there but they were all present as to the label calls for.

checked the power coming out of the power supply thru the connectors the only thing i was unsure of is the -21v line if i tested it correctly its only showing around i think it was about 9 volts.
so it was low  it was either the red grey wire, or the yellow grey wire that the schematic show came from the transformer.

any help on this would be great
when i was looking at the schematic it seems as if there are more then for fuses
but on the on off switch  i  only see 4 breaker switches
in another post they stated that there were some fusible circuit under the on off switch.

this unit is a slant top gamemaker and the one on the post im not sure of what style it is.

ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »

Hey, might want to check the voltage on the battery installed on the board. 3.6 volts i think, at least 3.0 required.

Richard
lrsi5774
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:01 PM »

Not sure how to post a new topic so I will put it in this post. 

My Gamemaker won't even power up.
About 3 years ago, we had a lightening strike in Texas.  It did power up after that but it had some blue RAM error screen.
I've been lazy and went to power it up recently and...nothing!
Now the wife wants it gone and I want to fix it (you know what I mean??)

Does anyone know anybody in North Texas (Dallas area) who fixes these machines?
It will get the wife off my back (for now anyway)...
azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »

the slant type gm's have taps on the motherboard making it easy to check the power supply.
however on all the others, easiest to remove and test ps on bench
undo the three nuts, unplug harnesses and green ground wire
once you have the box out
use 120v jumper (the plug on the side of the box won't work since its switched by machine)
the red wire is 5v, blue 12v yellow -12v,  -grey is ground
the 12's can vary a bit,  however the red must be at least 5v. 
if power supply board looks cooked, bulging caps etc, -save yourself the trouble and replace the whole board.

(and to the post above this one, if you have a blue screen, first thing to check is the lithium battery on cpu, it must be at least 3.0 volts)
tvmaster1

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

when did test the power supply in the game i have all voltages that i remember the only voltage i wasn't seeing was the 21 volts ac as per the schematic was showing.

i had only around 3 to 4 volts ac.

on the connector on the power supply i believe that comes out of the transformer?

and all my leds were on the main board so that shows my voltages are present

once again thank you
azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »

unfortunately the leds on the board will light if there is any presence of voltage -even if they are insufficient

i had one game maker the bill validator wasn't working properly (continuous cycling)  -after i spent hours ripping the machine apart tracing all the leads, i found out the -12 volt leg of the power supply was only putting out -6 volts

is there high voltage in the monitor (picture collapses when power is turned off)

correct,  the 24 volt leg comes through the base transformer, and rectified.  -24vdc volts is used only to power the hopper.

unless i know a monitor is bad on a game maker the first things i check:

-lithium battery on cpu
-power supply (5v, 12v, -12v)
-main/graphics chips (pull and swap)
-game chips, -sometimes a single bad came chip can stall the whole machine

last of all -are you sure there are no stray coins inside the machine (was the machine moved with coins in the hopper,  i just got back from a service call where their game maker was moved only a few feet, however coins fell out of the hopper and shorted out the machine -fortunately the breakers kept popping before it did any damage.
tvmaster1

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 01:39:33 AM »

yes the game had been moved from what im told from california to las vegas and unsure of the coin in the hopper but i would imagine yes he stated that the game was working prior to that.

but once again never  have i recieve the whole story from customers.

i believe i checked the voltages on the power supply and pretty sure i got the voltages from there
and no the monitor doesnt show any issues .

i know that when i disable power to the main board monitor menu can be accessed but once i place the main board back into the circuit monitor is out no function but i do get the led on the monitor green on the osd led board.

tvmaster1

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 01:46:37 AM »

and yes the lithium battery has 3.6v on it

and i installed a board i recieved from leapyearguy and the same sympton .

so it seems it could be a bad power supply because the monitor does funtion as long as the processor board is removed.
any other suggestions
tvmaster1

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »

on this machine the hopper doesnt even reset when powering on game
printer does not  cycle at power on eighter but i can do the calibration cycle test and it will cycle then .

so it seems to have the power to the validator.

Tony
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.