Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Double Red White & Blue Problems
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Double Red White & Blue Problems  (Read 21076 times)
nthawk
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »

Hi folks, new guy here.... have an IGT model B5033CW ('95 mfg.) and I can't make it work and before I tear it to picece thought I'd seek your advise and expertise. I power it up and it goes thru it's clicking and clacking, no reel spin and coins just drop straight out.....
where do I start?????
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »

It's not gonna do you any good to tear it to pieces, more harm than good actually....

Why don't you start by posting a 2 pictures of it. One with door open, one with door closed.   Take a Photo

Roslyn  wave

nthawk
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »

server won't take my pic files (too big) could e-mail them if anyone wants a look
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

Microsft paint has the ability to make picture files smaller. There are tons of free ways to shrink image sizes to have them fit on the forum.
nthawk
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:18:53 PM »

i'll try that... just found fuses, checked ok re inserted now I have no power to nothing!!!! What did I do wrong?
nthawk
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »

trying pic's again....

* DSCN0485.JPG (53.13 KB, 456x342 - viewed 377 times.)

* DSCN0486.JPG (337.18 KB, 1824x1368 - viewed 346 times.)
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »

Dancing Party   Now we're getting somewhere!! Ok, so you say it does some clicking and clacking on start up, but no reel spin.

The first thing we do on a fresh machine is check the fuses on the back wall. To get to them pull the hopper straight out and set it aside for now. You will see a box on the back wall with 3 black fuse caps.

nthawk
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »

O.K., I'm an idiot...found loose fuse... now I get code 12 (low battery?) and lights flashing...lower one fast top one slow...change battery? How do I access it?
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »

O.K., I'm an idiot...found loose fuse... now I get code 12 (low battery?) and lights flashing...lower one fast top one slow...change battery? How do I access it?

The battery is on the MPU behind the hopper. With power off, pull the hopper straight toward you and out. Then the MPU will lift straight up (it may be a bit tight). The battery is soldered to the board.  You can get a replacement that solders in or put in a holder like this.

You may want to also get a clear and a set chip. There is a chance that you will get stuck in a 61 loop after changing the battery and will need to do a clear. Then you will need a set chip to re-enable the bill validator (if you use the clear).

* battery.jpg (300.54 KB, 822x711 - viewed 409 times.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:06:29 PM by poppo » Logged
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »

Oh that's good (not that your an idiot, but about the loose fuse!)!!

To change the battery, you will need to turn the machine off, and remove the MPU. (Never remove the board while machine is on!!!!!!) The battery is soldered on and will need to be removed and replaced. Unless you happen to have an extra battery on hand, you will need to get one. Or, depending on your area, you may have a Batteries Plus store (i think thats the name of it) nearby that could do it all for you.

Roslyn

nthawk
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »

O.K., Got the board out...looks good...nothing loose or scorched...will hunt down a battery...
does a bad battery completely disable the machine?
poppo

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »

does a bad battery completely disable the machine?

Yes, until you clear the error 12 with a new battery. The battery keeps the CMOS memory intact. If the CMOS loses it's memory, you will lose any credits and get a few errors every time you turn on the machine.
nthawk
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »

now I hear that I'll have to "clear" and re-set with chip set? I that then next challenge
poppo

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »

now I hear that I'll have to "clear" and re-set with chip set? I that then next challenge

You "might" have to do a clear. A 61 error is common and easily cleared. However, sometimes when people change the battery, they get stuck in a "61 loop" (the 61 keeps coming back) and the only way to get out of it is to use a clear chip. Once the clear chip is used, then a set chip will be needed to re-enable the bill validator. These are chips that are always handy to have anyway. If you can get a battery quickly, then you can try it and see what happens. But if you have to order one, then it might not be a bad idea to get the chips too.

Here is the link to the common errors and how to clear them.
http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

Note: It might be possible to get out of a 61 loop by changing the SP chip, but if people have other SP chips, they probably already have a clear.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:09:13 PM by poppo » Logged
CVslots

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »

Contact one of the vendors at the top of the home page. They will have what you need!   yes

nthawk
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »

found a clear and BV chip set for 14 bucks on e-bay brand new and batterues plus has the battery so I guess that will take me to the next adventure with this monster!!!!!  Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 01:38:21 AM »

Great!  We're here to help once you get the new battery put in.  We'll have you up and running in no time.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
nthawk
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 03:03:16 AM »

Hey, boy's and girl's, ....got the battery replaced vua batteries + plus, the local guy's even  soldered it in for FREE!!.. cost me all of10 bucks!!!!
Any way, I'm hesitant of re-inmstallimg the board.....
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 05:03:21 AM »

Why? With the power off, put the board back in and then turn on the power.

If you get a 61 code when you turn it on, follow the directions in the chart that poppo linked to in reply #13 above. Let us know if you need more help.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
nthawk
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »

Got it up and running! Is there a way to make it pay out instead of tallying credits?
nthawk
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »

now I'm getting a code 21, did what sheet of tilt codes said and still have the 21. also reels continusly run very slowly...what happend???????
nthawk
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »

got it to clear and back running (blew out the coin optics, was pretty dusty)... still an issue with hopper... think it's not working...any ideas to test it???????
poppo

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »

... still an issue with hopper... think it's not working...any ideas to test it???????

See this post
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=19827.msg162735#msg162735
nthawk
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »

I got it to indicate 3 in coins played window... pressed spin and nothing happend.....
nthawk
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »

did I do the test correctly????
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.