Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  WBA Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA Question  (Read 4405 times)
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« on: August 24, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »

I pulled a working WBA 13 from an S+ Barcrest machine that is set for 1.00 and slid it into a machine that is set for .25. The bezel lit up but the WBA rejected every bill denomination that I put through. Since it came from a 1.00 machine do I have to use the set chip to change the denomination to .25 for it to accept the bills? Thanks.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »

I pulled a working WBA 13 from an S+ Barcrest machine that is set for 1.00 and slid it into a machine that is set for .25. The bezel lit up but the WBA rejected every bill denomination that I put through. Since it came from a 1.00 machine do I have to use the set chip to change the denomination to .25 for it to accept the bills? Thanks.

couple questions come to mind..What id is it set for as what SP chip was in the Barcrest and what SP chip is in the other machine? You will need to enable the validator and set denomination on the new machine. Are you replacing a validator that quit or upgrading to a new version software validator ect...Little more info please...
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »

The first WBA came out of an SP1002. I put it in a machine with an SP1002 and an SP1103. It will only take 1.00 and 100.00 bills.

The second WBA came out of a machine with an SP1103. I put this one in the machines with an SP1103 and an SP1002. It also only takes 1.00 and 100.00 bills.

So in other words I mixed and matched and can only get them to take 1.00 and 100.00. Maybe they only take older bills??????  Unfortunately I have no older 5s, 10s or 20s to test with.

They are IDO23.

BTW, I have a WBA in one of my S+ Barcrest that takes the NEW 5s. It has  an eprom, not flash. Can this eprom be used on the WBAs with flash to update to the NEW 5s?

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:47:50 PM by dale » Logged
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »

The first WBA came out of an SP1002. I put it in a machine with an SP1002 and an SP1103. It will only take 1.00 and 100.00 bills.

The second WBA came out of a machine with an SP1103. I put this one in the machines with an SP1103 and an SP1002. It also only takes 1.00 and 100.00 bills.

So in other words I mixed and matched and can only get them to take 1.00 and 100.00. Maybe they only take older bills??????  Unfortunately I have no older 5s, 10s or 20s to test with.

They are IDO23.

BTW, I have a WBA in one of my S+ Barcrest that takes the NEW 5s. It has  an eprom, not flash. Can this eprom be used on the WBAs with flash to update to the NEW 5s?

Thanks

If they are taking the 100 and 1 dollar bills and giving credit for them, all is working. You now have one of 2 things going on. The dip switches are set to only accept 1's and 100's or the software is too old. But it would have to be and old style 100 dollar bill that is working, not a newer one.  The newest $100 did not get accepted untill the latest version. If these are both flash type acceptors, you have to send them out to get flashed. It requires a special cable and software to flash them, you can not do it with the eeprom from another unit. Early DBV flash type in the S+ you could cut the flash chip out and solder in a eeprom socket and insert an eeprom and be up and running. But you can't do the with the WBA. Is there a sticker on the unit stating the current software version.
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »

The stickers say V1.53-02, IDO-22/23 on one and the other says V1.52-02, IDO 23. The transports both have stickers WBA 12-SS, USA 501-24.All the dip switches are in the up position. I will get some plder bills this morning to see if that is the problem. They do take the 100s though..........

On my other question, I was told that if I send my WBA with the removable chip that is updated to the NEW 5s he can take that information and transfer it to the WBAs that have a flash chip in it. I am confused now as I am getting ready to send my WBA with the NEW 5 chip and five WBAs with the flash to be updated to also accept the NEW 5s to a place in AZ .  Are you saying this is impossible?? I appreciate help before I do something that will not work.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »

The stickers say V1.53-02, IDO-22/23 on one and the other says V1.52-02, IDO 23. The transports both have stickers WBA 12-SS, USA 501-24.All the dip switches are in the up position. I will get some plder bills this morning to see if that is the problem. They do take the 100s though..........

On my other question, I was told that if I send my WBA with the removable chip that is updated to the NEW 5s he can take that information and transfer it to the WBAs that have a flash chip in it. I am confused now as I am getting ready to send my WBA with the NEW 5 chip and five WBAs with the flash to be updated to also accept the NEW 5s to a place in AZ .  Are you saying this is impossible?? I appreciate help before I do something that will not work.

No, what I was saying, is there is no way YOU can do it at home. Yes the guy will read the data from your eeprom and flash it to your units using a flash setup with proper cables and such. Or if he had the download file from JCM he would not need your chip.
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »

Thank you, that cleared my confusion up.

Also, the original WBAs only take the older bills....time to update. Thanks for all the help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.