Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:05:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  How to remove Coin relay armature latch assembly
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to remove Coin relay armature latch assembly  (Read 1891 times)
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: September 03, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »

Hi,
How to you remove the armature latch assemble (the L shaped arm that drives that droves the switches).
I was going to deal with the coin relay as the last round of my overhaul. But it turned out to be 'stuck'.  Coined up the machine
heard the relay and stated looking why the handle relay did not engage. Turns out the coin relay switches did not move.

The arm did not move.  Scratch Head   Used lots of  WD40 and parts cleaner but it is still very sticky.  Took the hair pin off the shaft and tried to remove the arm so I can properly clean
the bearing surface. The arm will not come off the shaft and the parts manual looks like it should just pop off - any ideas?
Thank,
Jeff

Jeff
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »

Soak it some more.  Keep working it back and forth.  Be patient. Try blowing a hair dryer on it.  More lube. Work it.
Had that problem with mine yesterday, and almost burned up a coil in the top unit as a result.
Fortunately I know that buzzing coils should not keep buzzing, and pulled the top unit before it started smoking.
Now I always use light lube on the machines, since they are not on all the time and get cold, and the lube gets viscous.
Keeps stuff from sticking.
It should pop off eventually, if you think it still needs it after a good lube.
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »

Soaking it but it almost looks like a crimped fitting on the shaft.

Jeff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.