Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 01:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Game King RAM error upon startup - okay to ignore?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King RAM error upon startup - okay to ignore?  (Read 5323 times)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« on: September 08, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »

3902 MPU with 960 motherboard, 3/5 play poker ...

As of 2 days ago, when I bootup my "new" Game King, I get a RAM error, which requires me to turn key twice, then press/hold Test button and it clears.  The only effect I'm seeing is that the machine doesn't recall the last hand/spin dealt.  All of the game configuration remains the same, but let's say I played 5 coins and won 4-of-a-kind.  After turning off/on, the game goes back to only 1 coin played and a different hand is displayed.

Is it okay to ignore this?  Any new problems that can occur by ignoring?  I realize "Accounting" will most likely be off, but I'm not keeping any books.   Tongue Out

Thanks for your expert advice.

:Dave
Sovereign
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -2

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »

Most of the time does not recall the last hand/spin dealt. Most game king error showing RAM error especially if the battery is below  3V . After the recovery try to recall the history of the last game.

You can ignore it but you should check the machine option if all correct and also the meters because sometimes not recovered.

There are times that the error exist but by turning on and off the machine it goes back to normal game mode.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:41:31 PM by Sovereign » Logged
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »

My battery is reading 2.89V ... great call!  Looks like it's time to replace.  Thanks! Clap Hail
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »

My battery is reading 2.89V ... great call!  Looks like it's time to replace.  Thanks! Clap Hail

NO Dave the battery was only 3 volts to start with !! ( look at it )  3.6 V is what a S+ or Bally use.  Now I'm not saying I don't replace the Game King battery with a 3.6 V, I do. I figure I'm .6 ahead of the battery game to start out.     

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »

NO Dave the battery was only 3 volts to start with !! ( look at it )  3.6 V is what a S+ or Bally use.  Now I'm not saying I don't replace the Game King battery with a 3.6 V, I do. I figure I'm .6 ahead of the battery game to start out.      

Cool Thumbs-Up Cool Thumbs-Up  When you replace with a 3.6v, you can stand to lose a bit more before experiencing low battery problems....I can't argue with Buzz on this one, even as much as I would love to.  rotflmao

4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »

At 2.89, is it time to replace?   Scratch Head

I have an extra 3.6V Lithium that's barrel-shaped instead of flat and round (thanks to Roslyn).  Can I use that? 

:Dave
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »

Dave 2.89 isn't causing you the problem your having. IMO  Now if you said 2.75 I would be getting out the soldering iron.  If you have a new battery and your bored by all means install it. If nothing else you will feel like you did something.

I bought 50 of the battery holders and battery's and will not use them. I just can't convince myself that a battery in a holder is going to make as good or better contact than a battery that's soldered to the board. I think back to the hundreds of flashlights that I've had to beat the S**t out of to get them to work because the battery's lost contact.

Ros  Do you think by the time I get these battery's used up I will be advanced to a full qualified journeyman battery solderer ??????????

* PICT0033.JPG (101.72 KB, 640x480 - viewed 289 times.)

Sovereign
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -2

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:37:30 PM »

Sorry for the wrong voltage I was thinking for 3V but I wrongly type of 3.6
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »

No worries.  I think I may have finally figured it out after two Game Kings.  It's my EPROMs.  When I removed them and put in a different game, everything worked just fine.  So, it appears to be bad game chips.

Guess I need to buy those 801s after all.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 12:36:04 AM »

No worries.  I think I may have finally figured it out after two Game Kings.  It's my EPROMs.  When I removed them and put in a different game, everything worked just fine.  So, it appears to be bad game chips.

Guess I need to buy those 801s after all.

Dave  Do you want them blank or do you want something on them ??  PM me your address.

CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:42 AM »

Ros  Do you think by the time I get these battery's used up I will be advanced to a full qualified journeyman battery solderer ??????????

Practice makes perfect baby....

Roz  rotflmao
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:47:04 AM by CVslots » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.